SFH info?

Printable View

• 09-27-2016
    NuMexJoe
    SFH info?
    Gonna be down in the Big City for some training soon, and got a hotel up on the east end of Central in the hopes of catching an after-work ride. Can one of you kind locals give me directions to the preferred trailhead for the South Foothills, and maybe suggestions on route for an hour or 1.5-hr ride? I'd prefer to bring the 29er SS, but my impression is that the 6x6 Covert might be a better choice for SFH. True? Thanks,
    - Joe
  • 09-27-2016
    IPunchCholla
    The south foothills are fun in that they can be as mellow or as intense as you want. The problem is there are a ton of trails, official and unofficial, and not the best signage. I would recommend checking out the standard loop described on mountain bike project website. It's about 8 miles 1400 feet and takes me about an hour and it is easy to loop the sections you like to make it longer. It hits the most fun official trails. Much of the techie stuff is unofficial, but is easily found as it follows the power lines. I ride down there about once a week and would be happy to show you around depending on my schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  • 09-27-2016
    the_owl
    If youre riding from the hotel, go in at Encantado and climb up. It is really just a maze of connector trails.
  • 09-27-2016
    NuMexJoe
    Thanks, guys. Seems straightforward and nearby. It'll be a nice way to wake back up after sitting on my butt in a class all day.