Ruidoso dirt- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ruidoso dirt

new and improved

Ruidoso dirt

I am going to be in town for a few days in July, and was hoping to sample some of the local trails while I'm there. Does anyone have any suggestions for must-do trails within reasonable driving distance from Riudoso?

I prefer technical and steep descents, and am willing to climb a lot to get to good dirt. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you aren't comfortable posting your favorites.

Thanks much.

-Gus

edit: D'oh! I didn't read the sticky first. I'll see what's already out there before bugging the locals.
    Last edited by El Santo; 05-15-2007 at 05:42 PM.

mtbr member
    The Rim Trail in Cloudcroft is pretty good, and I hear there is a descent from said trail that goes all the way down to Alamogordo, but haven't ridden it so I can't comment on its quality.

There is also a downhill trail in Cloudcroft, races were held there a week or so ago, I'm guessing that would have some steep and techy.

There is a bike shop in Cloudcroft, www.highaltitude.org , maybe they could help you out.

Edit: website looks pretty useless, here's the address and phone#

High Altitude
    310 Burro Ave
    Cloudcroft, NM 88317

(505) 682-1229
    Last edited by AndyN; 05-15-2007 at 05:59 PM.

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    The Rim Trail in Cloudcroft is pretty good, and I hear there is a descent from said trail that goes all the way down to Alamogordo, but haven't ridden it so I can't comment on its quality.

There is also a downhill trail in Cloudcroft, races were held there a week or so ago, I'm guessing that would have some steep and techy.

There is a bike shop in Cloudcroft, www.highaltitude.org , maybe they could help you out.

Edit: website looks pretty useless, here's the address and phone#

High Altitude
    310 Burro Ave
    Cloudcroft, NM 88317

(505) 682-1229
    Thanks, Andy! The website was indeed lame, but did have a buried course map from the race last month. That's probably a good place to get started.

BTW - I should offer some reciprocation: if anyone is traveling to Phoenix, Moab, SW Utah, Southern California or the SF bay area, I can hook you up with some sweet riding. I've ridden a lot in all those places, and have worthwhile info.

Thanks again,
    Gus

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    There are some really good trails in Cloudcroft.. Definately stop by High Altitude Bike shop.. Rim Trail is awesome xc style.. The other trails are even awesomer, lol, .. They are hard to navigate ..DH style, they are in the middle o nowhere.. There are some good trails in Ruidoso as well.. Good luck..

Members who have read this thread: 0