Pajarito Bike Park, 2017- Mtbr.com
    Is the bike OK?

Pajarito Bike Park, 2017

Summer Bike Park season passes are NOW on sale (https://store.skipajarito.com/Select...MMER&Item=BIKE) and the price is just $149 for the summer. This year the pass will include unlimited access to both Pajarito and Purgatory. Day passes at Pajarito are still just $25/day.

Pajarito Summer Operating Schedule (normal operating ours are 9am-3pm unless noted):
    • May 27 (Special Opening Day Hours 1:00-6:00 p.m.)
    • June 10-11 (Summerfest)
    • June 21 (Summer Solstice, 4:00-7:00 p.m.)
    • July 1-2
    • July 15-16
    • July 29-30
    • August 12-13
    • August 26-27
    • September 9-10
    • September 22 (Friday 1:00-6:00 p.m.)
    • September 23-24 (Last Bike and Hike, UllrFest)
    Last edited by nealpederson; 05-18-2017 at 08:10 AM.

CoolArrow
    Heard Purg has a new trail or two. Sweet deal, glad the prices are staying more than reasonable

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard – website

RCC
    Bandolero
    I'm in for the Pass..Thanks for the info Neal!
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

RCC
    Bandolero
    Can't wait for Pajarito to open!!
    Pajarito stoke!
    RCC

I heard the mission bell

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Damn, some of those drops are no joke.

Stucco Bucket
    good shit.
    potluck and camp.
    Tacos de tecolote on tap

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito Opening Day, 5/27, 1pm-6pm!

Us volunteers have put 200 hours in the mountain over the last two months and the trails are prime for opening this Saturday! We've chainsawed through hundreds of fallen trees and raked nearly every trail. All the snow has melted and I don't expect any lift lines with most people going up to Angel Fire for their Demo Daze. Come get some of the good stuff!

Please note the special hours of 1pm-6pm for opening day on Saturday and that's the only day they'll be open this weekend.

Here's a big tree that fell at the very bottom of Battle Stations we cleared last Sunday. We took the opportunity to route a better line onto the trail going through Camp May.

Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-bsnewroute.jpg

Is the bike OK?

Summerfest!

Don't miss Summerfest tomorrow (6/10)! There will be a free Strava race, a free poker bike challenge, and beers and band. Trails are in great shape and we even cleared Muy Loco:

Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-imag4572.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks for all your hard work Neal. Conditions were as good as I have ever seen them. Awesome day at Summerfest. Turnout was really good as well. Lots of riders and even more beer drinkers.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work Neal. Conditions were as good as I have ever seen them. Awesome day at Summerfest. Turnout was really good as well. Lots of riders and even more beer drinkers.
    So glad everyone enjoyed the trails! I'm bummed I missed Summerfest but not so bummed I got to hang ten in Costa Rica . I did get to do once descent ride in the Rain Forest on a rented Santa Cruz 5010.

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito 7/1-7/2 Bike-n-Hike with Beer and Band 7/1

Come ride the rad with no lifts lines this holiday weekend. Lifts are running Saturday and Sunday with band and beer Saturday. Also check out Pajarito's latest Promo Video:

https://youtu.be/3K6Y_Sn9-h8

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson View Post
    Come ride the rad with no lifts lines this holiday weekend. Lifts are running Saturday and Sunday with band and beer Saturday. Also check out Pajarito's latest Promo Video:

https://youtu.be/3K6Y_Sn9-h8
    Nice video! Sad to see so many of the standing dead trees up there. One shot shows all the down dead trees from overhead. Incredible image. I haven't been up to Pajarito for a long time--too long. Looks like you guys really pulled out the stops up there! Good work! When is the connector trail from town to the mountain supposed to be open?

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster View Post
    Nice video! Sad to see so many of the standing dead trees up there. One shot shows all the down dead trees from overhead. Incredible image. I haven't been up to Pajarito for a long time--too long. Looks like you guys really pulled out the stops up there! Good work! When is the connector trail from town to the mountain supposed to be open?
    Yeah, that footage shows the worst of the burnt area. The ski hill actually started clear cutting that area this year because it was getting so dangerous. The town flow trail is moving along but I don't know when it will happen. We're also still working hard on getting the county funded flow trails at Pajarito which is moving along but slowly.

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito Bike-n-Hike 7/15&16!

There's another bike-n-hike coming up this weekend. We're finally getting some rain so the trails should have hero dirt conditions! Us volunteers have been keeping the trails in great shape. Here's some things we worked on last night:

The 30' step-down on the bottom of Braking Bad is ready for launch!
    Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-bbadstepdown.jpg

Top of Braking bad has been weed-eated with some dirt added to the jump:
    Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-bbadtopjump.jpg

We worked late into the evening to replace the first wooden jump/roller at the top of Mother's Milk:
    Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-mmilktopdrop.jpg

Is the bike OK?

ULLR Fest!

This is happening this weekend! Also note that lifts will run Friday from 1pm-6pm.
    Pajarito Bike Park, 2017-ullrfest2017.jpg

• Disc Golf tournament begins at 10:00am at the Lodge, entry is $20. Pro/Advanced/Novice/Female Divisions. Cash payout for top three players in each division.
    • STRAVA self timed downhill mountain bike race (download the app and time your run as many times as you want, prizes for the best time at the end of the day) The race will be on Braking Bad.
    • Pajarito Poker Run mountain bike ride (pick a card as you board the lift each time, take any run you want, best two hands at the end of the day wins a prize).
    • NEW THIS YEAR: Downhill Mountain Bike Rentals and free lessons all weekend.
    • Lift Served Biking and Hiking Fri 1pm-6pm, Sat & Sun 9am - 3pm
    • Beer (NM Breweries, wine /cider also available) $15 entry (gets you a glass, unlimited tastings and one pint), additional pints can be purchased for cash only (no ATMs available) IDs will be checked! Beer begins flowing at noon.
    • Bands - Bronach and Felix y Los Gatos
    • Pajarito CAFE WILL BE OPEN 11am-5pm
    • Atomic City Transit will provide bus service from Sullivan Field every 30 minutes. 10am-6:00pm. ACT will also be shuttling from the White Rock Visitor Center as requested at 661-RIDE (7433).

Is the bike OK?

One last 2017 weekend to look forward to!

Check out this update from Hogan about Pajarito: Mountain Bike Park Update | Ski Pajarito Blog

Also, they'll be running the lifts one more weekend this year for Trail Fest and will give us a chance to preview the new work. Lift turns from 1-4pm Friday Oct 20th and from 10am-5pm Saturday Oct 21st to anyone with a day or season pass.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am super stoked for Hogans involvement and the trail changes. Paj has a certain edge to it, which both keeps me from trying many features, and increases the feeling of accomplishment when I finally do. It seems like the plan is to at least in part take away a bit of that edge and increase the variety of trails which for me will increase my enjoyment and the frequency of attendance.

This does hurt my brain a bit as on multi-use public trails any time any sort of feature is sanitized I throw a fit, but I feel like the changes are more to increase safety and ridability more than change the nature of the park.

These are just impressions, what do you think Neal? Are you more bummed that your work is getting changed up, or more stoked that the park is finally getting some more resources to get things done?

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    ..This does hurt my brain a bit as on multi-use public trails any time any sort of feature is sanitized I throw a fit, but I feel like the changes are more to increase safety and ridability more than change the nature of the park.

These are just impressions, what do you think Neal? Are you more bummed that your work is getting changed up, or more stoked that the park is finally getting some more resources to get things done?
    Myself and other's in our community have been working to get this type of work going for years so we're not bummed at all! Hogan is sensitive to what we've done and doesn't plan to change much about the gnar trails here. Making better landings, better drainage, and adding better jumps to those trails will be welcome though. His main focus is making the green and blue trails smoother and adding some flow trails to the mountain. That's something we really lack with hand built trails and will bring in the business to keep the mountain open more often. I'll be working closely with Hogan and Dante Harmony to keep from losing the soul that Pajarito has always had. Dante (he and his wife are both Pro DH'rs) will be doing or leading most of the dirt work.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Damn, that's a real bummer. Paj was one of the last places remaining that you could count on to be gnarly, and not sanitized. The skill required to hit those features is what makes riding there so fun. You can always go around if you're not up for it. Why not keep everything how it is, but add in some easier features?? Bikes keep getting better, and trails keep getting easier...

If anything, the main thing that keeps me, and a lot of others, from making the trip up there is the short days. The lift only being open for 6 hours a day means you really have to keep moving to get your runs in. On top of that, often closing after 3 hours due to thunderstorms makes it not worth the drive if it looks questionable. If they stayed open later, with the possibility of re-opening after a storm, people would be much more likely to chance it.

EDIT: Neal must have posted while I was typing this. That's encouraging, thank you!

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelldify View Post
    Damn, that's a real bummer. Paj was one of the last places remaining that you could count on to be gnarly, and not sanitized. The skill required to hit those features is what makes riding there so fun. You can always go around if you're not up for it. Why not keep everything how it is, but add in some easier features?? Bikes keep getting better, and trails keep getting easier...

If anything, the main thing that keeps me, and a lot of others, from making the trip up there is the short days. The lift only being open for 6 hours a day means you really have to keep moving to get your runs in. On top of that, often closing after 3 hours due to thunderstorms makes it not worth the drive if it looks questionable. If they stayed open later, with the possibility of re-opening after a storm, people would be much more likely to chance it.

EDIT: Neal must have posted while I was typing this. That's encouraging, thank you!
    Again, the gnar isn't going away! Most of the focus is on the easier stuff and adding flow. The gnar trails will probably get some work but just stuff like better landings off big hits and better water drainage so they don't wash out so fast (us volunteers are continuously having to rake runs like Mother's Milk and Fast-n-Loose!). By enhancing and adding to the easier trails they'll be able to sustain being open more days and longer hours. Tentatively, they're considering 9-4 hours Sat & Sun every weekend and possibly twilight hours every other Friday.

By the way, Hogan's favorite trail is Natural Selection.

RCC
    Bandolero
    I'm really looking forward to see and ride what Hogan,Dante and Jackie are building! If they build like they ride is going to be Bad Ass!!
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito is open this Friday/Saturday!

Bonus Days! Come check out the dirt work Dante Harmony has been working on over the last month with a mini-Ex. Pajarito will be open this Friday, October 20 from 10-4 and Saturday, October 21 from 10-5.

Check it out:
    https://youtu.be/h1t8NvGMdV8

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    How are things shaping up? It looked like the clip was mostly from Natural Selection, how are the new jump lines and other machine made trails? I will try to be there.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    How are things shaping up? It looked like the clip was mostly from Natural Selection, how are the new jump lines and other machine made trails? I will try to be there.
    That clip was from before all the changes. There are mostly improvements going west down Aspen for Trouble, JR, and then every jump on upper and lower Chupacabra has been worked on from there down!

Check out this blog from Hogan: Ski Pajarito Blog where he says "Don’t forget, any season pass holder in the state of New Mexico can redeem a free day at Pajarito on Saturday. Head to up to the neighboring resort, Angel Fire Bike Park, on Sunday the 22nd for the last day of the season! It’s like a New Mexico closing weekend extravaganza!.."