Oak Flats Ponderosa Loop is Completely Trashed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Oak Flats Ponderosa Loop is Completely Trashed

So, the Ponderosa Loop out at Oak Flats is completely wrecked....for filming?
    Big sections of trail are tracked over and sandy or flattened for vehicles. Vehicles parked across trail.
    A fire lookout prop is being constructed right off trail.
    That the actual F? That area is public land, open space, right? Am I completely not understanding who owns that land and what it's for? Motos aren't even allowed on that part of the network.

Who signed off on this crap? Does the forest service or open space folks have a restoration plan? Who got paid?

Party Member

Golden Rule

Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    So, the Ponderosa Loop out at Oak Flats is completely wrecked....for filming?
    Big sections of trail are tracked over and sandy or flattened for vehicles. Vehicles parked across trail.
    A fire lookout prop is being constructed right off trail.
    That the actual F? That area is public land, open space, right? Am I completely not understanding who owns that land and what it's for? Motos aren't even allowed on that part of the network.

Who signed off on this crap? Does the forest service or open space folks have a restoration plan? Who got paid?
    As a long time Presidense T rump supporter, I have to ask you have you noticed who is in charge of our public lands? It's the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rule.

They're making money for the government. What have you done except complain on a web forum? I don't think I've seen you on a single trail day so put up or shut up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by winston.smith View Post
    As a long time Presidense T rump supporter,
    So what you are saying here is that you don't actually have anything useful to contribute to this discussion?

Anybody actually know what is going on, who would have approved this destruction, and if anybody plans on fixing it after the private entities have made their money?

Not participating in ABQ Open space pave and re-route bull has nothing to do with the damage that is done up in the Juan Tomas open space.

Party Member

Everybody Panic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    So what you are saying here is that you don't actually have anything useful to contribute to this discussion?

Anybody actually know what is going on, who would have approved this destruction, and if anybody plans on fixing it after the private entities have made their money?

Not participating in ABQ Open space pave and re-route bull has nothing to do with the damage that is done up in the Juan Tomas open space.
    I'm not posting on the internet complaining. Too bad there's no way that you could ever find that information. We'll just have to hope that someone stops by and drops the information in our lap.

Party Member

Those who wish me dead

Dead Man's is because of wood cutting/thinning. The rest of it is because they're filming some flick with Angelina Jolie.

mtbr member
    From what I was just told by the FS is that this is Albq Open Space land. Jim Sattler (AOS Trails Manager) would be who to contact.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    I just got a email from Jim Sattler from Albq. Open Space. He said he has photo evidence of the damage beimng caused by the film crew and is in contact with them. They will be held accountable for the restoration. So I guess any other questions call Jum Sattler at Albq Open Space.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

What? There's more?
    Movie production has a history of restoring locations, and always a contract to do so. That part of Ponderosa was pretty screwed up last winter anyway. They might improve some of it.
    The amazing thing is that there are 30 tons of electrical cables on the ground and nobody's stolen it.
    I'm hoping they leave the tower... but that will probably be stolen too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks Steve. I had confirmed that the Juan Tomas open space was AOS, but searches didn't come up with names there. Forgot about Jim.

Part of what I wanted was let people know what was happening, and get context from the locals over there.

I am sure this happens all over, but I imagine they don't often obliterate active public trail.