Nambe "nugget" update- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Nambe "nugget" update

So what's the deal with the "approval" of the trails out there? Does the BLM really take that long to grant approvals of land use? It's so disappontiing that the "nugget" was posted, because many of the trails had been in use for many years and no one had any problems with their use. Try to obey, (ya right).

JXG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    So do you think that the posting itself increased traffic enough that it caused a problem? Or was the problem developing anyway as the trails spread through word-of-mouth and local knowledge. Just trying to understand the pros/cons of posting trails. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Posting of all trails is positive. Only pricks keep trails to themselves

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ya, posting of all legal trails is positive, otherwise, word of mouth works well and you don't have to be a prick and keep them to yourself. Anyway, the question remains, why is it taking so long for the BLM to clear the nuggets? Just asking cause there a many who get involved with the politics of mtbing and might have and answer for me (us). Don't want to make this into a bashing session, I appreciate all the energy and time of everyone involve in developing the trails thereor anywhere. Just don't like having all that area to use and BLM wants to be the pricks. I will not get involve with the politics of mtbing, I just enjoy riding and doing trail maintenance when I can.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbcrzy View Post
    s. I will not get involve with the politics of mtbing,.
    Too late

It's all politics and, there's no getting around it. When you try to get new trails opened it forces you to be involved with the government. Anything that goes through the government takes forever. It's just the nature of the beast all you can do is call politely and ask them.

As far as the politics between fellow bikers goes, if you've done trail maintenance you know that even scraping the ground is debated and god forbid you move a rock.