Las Cruces trail info- Mtbr.com
    LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015

Las Cruces trail info

My buddy and i are in las cruces for the night on way to Tucson. Any decent trails to check out? Xc style not bike park or gaps. Anybody want to ride later today? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    probably the trails at the end of desert wind road are your best bet,directions and trail map on MTB Project...

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    probably the trails at the end of desert wind road are your best bet,directions and trail map on MTB Project...
    Is that Dona anna? We are just going there its the easiset off hwy. We would like to do SST but not enough time.

Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    yes,thats the dona anas....the sst is pretty rough so a far more casual spot in the da's,generally more folks around too...and only 5-6 miles to the nearest krispy kremes once you get done riding!

Nov 2015
    yes,thats the dona anas....the sst is pretty rough so a far more casual spot in the da's,generally more folks around too...and only 5-6 miles to the nearest krispy kremes once you get done riding!
    Can you ride soon?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    just got back...already went riding for the day...its easy to find your way around...hurry though,sun sets in an hour and a half...

Nov 2015
    It was cool, did like 5 miles out then back, started down that trail off the figure 8 with the white sign with black arrow and line and rode that till it started climbing those rock slabs and turned around and rolled downhill back to the car.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    theres a nice little network of trails there...

Nov 2015
    theres a nice little network of trails there...
    Definitely. For future reference because i searched mtbr and didnt see much...

The Dona Ana trail is very user friendly. Its like less than a mile off 25. Up a couple turns and onto BLM land. Nice parking area, with a trail sign. The trail is easy to follow with brown trail markers as well as those rock formations people stack at trail splits. Its pretty much slightly uphill out of the parking lot, then you can split onto some flowing type trails or there are one or two that are lots of embedded sharp rocks and more technical climbs. Its all downhill to the parking lot. Enjoy

Hey, wait up!
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Not sure if you are still in the area but if you are ever around on Tuesday afternoon/evening, be sure to head out to the DA's. Tuesday nights tend to be very social with group rides and frequently, folks bring beer and grill up food in addition to making a nice campfire to hang out around.
    2019 Transition Sentinel
    2018 Kona Process 153 AL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH View Post
    If we can get out of town and headed west, we hope to be riding this loop in three or four days. Does this ride have good cell phone reception?
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    If we can get out of town and headed west, we hope to be riding this loop in three or four days. Does this ride have good cell phone reception?
    Depends on your provider. You can see your car the whole time for the most part.

Hey, wait up!
    Someone always seems to be calling me when I'm riding, so I think the service is OK. There are some spots with weak service where calls will drop out.