Forest Service Trail Work dates. Three Bottles and Armijo Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Forest Service Trail Work dates. Three Bottles and Armijo Trails

TrailWorkDates2017.pdf Yesterday I met with Kerry to discus the summer work schedule. Originally the work days were all for the big Armijo reroute in the Sandia's with a summer trail crew finishing up Three Bottles. That has now changed. The first two trail days will be for finishing 3-Bs through to the Gnasty Wag and Blur ribbon junction. And some extra Suday dates were added for 3-Bs matntenance and enhancement work. The bulk of the season trail work will be on the Armijo project. That being said, we will need ALL HANDS ON DECK to finish up 3-Bs on Sat and Sun the13thand 14th of May. This is your last chance to build trail on Three Bottles extension. I really want to finish this project and not a trail crew. Want your GNAR and keep it to. Come out and help finish Three Bottles Advanced Trail.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    This Sat and Sunday are the last work days for the Three Bottles Extension. With a good showing we will be able to finish this project. We really need YOUR help to finish. This will tie Three Bottles into the junction of Gnasty Wag and Blue Ribbon Trail. Another great addition to the East Mountain Trail system. Again, we need You.
    Meet at the Tijeras Ranger Station at 9AM on Sat and Sunday. Long pants and sturdy shoes required. Hard hats, gloves and tools will be supplied. Also bring some lunch and water. Hope to see you there. THANKS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    This Sat and Sunday are the last work days for the Three Bottles Extension. With a good showing we will be able to finish this project. We really need YOUR help to finish. This will tie Three Bottles into the junction of Gnasty Wag and Blue Ribbon Trail. Another great addition to the East Mountain Trail system. Again, we need You.
    Meet at the Tijeras Ranger Station at 9AM on Sat and Sunday. Long pants and sturdy shoes required. Hard hats, gloves and tools will be supplied. Also bring some lunch and water. Hope to see you there. THANKS.
    Quick reminder. This Sat and Sun. are the FINAL build days for the Three Bottles Advanced trail build. So my last chance to grovel for your help. WE can get finished this weekend with a good turnout. Give us a day, or give us two. Whatever you can give is appreciated greatly. Lets get her done so we can HIT THAT $HIT. Meet Sat and Sun. at 9an both days. As always. Long pants and sturdy shows required. IT could be a little warm so bring extra water Se you there. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Reminder: next Saturday and Sunday, July 8 and 9 are USFS trail days. I believe the latest plan is to improve flow, line of sight, and sustainability on Sulphur Trail. Be ready to go at 0900 at the Sandia Ranger Station in Tijeras. Long pants and close-toed shoes are required, leather gloves and eye protection are recommended. Over 7000 ft elevation and quite a bit of shade but expect hot weather so be prepared with extra water/liquids.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Reminder: next weekend, August 5 and 6 are the monthly USFS trail days. Be ready to go at 0900 at the Sandia Ranger Station in Tijeras. Long pants and close-toed shoes are required, leather gloves and eye protection are recommended. Bring lunch, snacks, and drinks. Hardhats will be provided.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Reminder: September 9 and 10 are the monthly USFS trail days. Be ready to go at 0900 at the Sandia Ranger Station south of Tijeras. Sandia Ranger District and Albuquerque Open Space are the primary local land managers building new trails, developing trail networks, or maintaining existing ones. Pitch in to improve your area trails.

Bring lunch, snacks, and drinks. Long pants, close-toed shoes, and eye protection are required. Hardhats and leather gloves are required and will be provided.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Just an FYI - OK I re-read the above post. FS is at 9 as usual on Sat and Sun.

Open Space and AMBA are working Saturday the 9th with an 8:30 meet time at the Sandia Ranger Station. We'll be working on the race course re-route.
    Last edited by AMBA; 09-02-2017 at 09:35 AM.