Doo Dah Hustle- Mtbr.com

Thread: Doo Dah Hustle

Hey, wait up!

Doo Dah Hustle

Horny Toad Hustle

Pro/Expert 26 miles - Sport 21- Beg. 8

It's gonna hurt!

For those who did the course last year, the east loop is going the other way, which is a more strenuous climb. The "Inner Loop" has also been included with some challenging tech climbing and descending.

* * * It is the NM NORBA MTB-XC State Championship. * * *

Flier

"You gotta want it!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 06-07-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

Jun 2005
    Do I get a special prize for being the first out of stater to register?

Hey, wait up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis S
    Do I get a special prize for being the first out of stater to register?
    Absolutely!

You have your choice of the following fine items:

-- A foam cozy to keep your fave beverage chilled.

-- A $0.99 cent shopping spree at Taco Bell

-- A custom soap box for presenting post-race analysis

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    Absolutely!

You have your choice of the following fine items:

-- A foam cozy to keep your fave beverage chilled.

-- A $0.99 cent shopping spree at Taco Bell

-- A custom soap box for presenting post-race analysis

Decisions, decisions... Can I get back to you?

intheShadows
    our posted prize list are minimums for the HTH, so tell your friends, family and dog to come out and play Aug. 27th!

We will have fun for kids (jumping balloon, free kids race W/prizes), food for yo tummy, beer for your serenity...lots more too!!

Hey, wait up!
    *bump*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnit
    our posted prize list are minimums for the HTH, so tell your friends, family and dog to come out and play Aug. 27th!

We will have fun for kids (jumping balloon, free kids race W/prizes), food for yo tummy, beer for your serenity...lots more too!!
    Ha! Is this the first post from none other than JK? NOT the Subaru-Gary-Fisher one either, but the cool ass mofo from 'Cruces I chased all over the NOVA course this past spring...?

Welcome to the peanut gallery - even if it's NOT who I thought it was....

And for those reading this, not interested in obscure personal crap, take it from me - mr. mtbr.com race report post-doc candidate; the Hustle is an awesome, world-class super fun, techy, sorta Moab meets erosion on CRACK sort of terrain / race - ancient, beautiful and unlike most anything you'll ride/race anywhere.

The promoter & crew are OK too!

glen
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Decisions, decisions... Can I get back to you?
    Speaking of promoters hookin' you up - am I supposed to do something for the Nightmare at La Tierra . . . ?

Ha! Be good to see you Travis, let's make a point to chill with the kooks Sat. evening...
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

intheShadows
    I hijacked Justin's account,,,,ooops, its all good tho! and thanks Glen for the props...Nice pic LCDave!

Everything is set in place for the race this weekend, so hopefully everyone shows up for a fun time! Cant beat food, fun and of course...BEER!!

-JK's wifey

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Ha! Be good to see you Travis, let's make a point to chill with the kooks Sat. evening...
    I'll be there. Well, unless I'm dead. Was planning on hitting Silver City this past weekend, but woke up with a cold on Friday.

I'm wanting to get in a pre-ride on Saturday. I'll probably be leaving PHX early Saturday morning which'll put me into Cruces early afternoon. Anyone want to meet for a non-race pace pre-ride? It would, of course, be followed by a stop at the shrine of High Desert Brewing Co. :-)

Hey, wait up!
    Nice pic LCDave!
    Thanks. I saw that big spiny Horny Toad and thought "Hustle."

I wonder if anyone can identify where the Toad totem is located??? If so, it's worth a beer.

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    I hijacked Justin's account,,,,ooops, its all good tho! and thanks Glen for the props...Nice pic LCDave!

Everything is set in place for the race this weekend, so hopefully everyone shows up for a fun time! Cant beat food, fun and of course...BEER!!

-JK's wifey
    Aha! BUSTED. Mrs. Better Half

Looking forward to wrapping up the season in style at the Hustle. Be great to see ya'll and, um, drink some beer too!

mtbr member
    I'll be there. Well, unless I'm dead. Was planning on hitting Silver City this past weekend, but woke up with a cold on Friday.

I'm wanting to get in a pre-ride on Saturday. I'll probably be leaving PHX early Saturday morning which'll put me into Cruces early afternoon. Anyone want to meet for a non-race pace pre-ride? It would, of course, be followed by a stop at the shrine of High Desert Brewing Co. :-)
    Won't be pre-riding, as in my anti-training training, I ride less and less the day(s) approaching races now. I'll be at the mysterious and secret chain-less-dash-for-tequila Saturday Evening Special though, as it seems like such a ridiculous & fun sort of event that I can't miss it. Even if it cook my legs the night before a big race.

Good thing you didn't come out ti SC and camp in the much - as it'd have likely made you yet more sick! Looked fun in that hellacious crazy mtbike in the mud sort of way...

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Won't be pre-riding, as in my anti-training training, I ride less and less the day(s) approaching races now. I'll be at the mysterious and secret chain-less-dash-for-tequila Saturday Evening Special though, as it seems like such a ridiculous & fun sort of event that I can't miss it. Even if it cook my legs the night before a big race.
    Nah... getting out and waking the legs up before a race is good for 'em

I'd almost forgot about Saturday night... That's gonna be fun

Jan 2005
    All the photos and race reports have got me psyched. Should be some "real" MTBing compared to the road race known as the Leadville 100.

Me and the Mrs are in for a pre-ride, what time? Also would you suggest full suspension or rigid for the coasting race? Will there be tequila handups? Maybe every dab equals a shot? Of course that may lead to some racers deciding to wallk the whole course.

Any gear suggestions for SSing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenk
    All the photos and race reports have got me psyched. Should be some "real" MTBing compared to the road race known as the Leadville 100.

Me and the Mrs are in for a pre-ride, what time? Also would you suggest full suspension or rigid for the coasting race? Will there be tequila handups? Maybe every dab equals a shot? Of course that may lead to some racers deciding to wallk the whole course.

Any gear suggestions for SSing?
    Aha! recovered already...? For strong SS types (redundant?) like yerself - a biggish gear will do well. There are some climbs that are less punchy and more sustained than say, Road Apple - but there are also a number of FAST fun sections - and some flatter sections where you'd not want to be spun out the whole time...

The cast of characters for the 'Hustle grows!

PS - If yer neighbor was asking/telling you guys about some silly roadie banging on your door sunday AM, um - it was me..... made a nice if not wet round trip to LA and back.

Hey, wait up!
    I'd almost forgot about Saturday night... That's gonna be fun
    You're not shown on the Coaster list. (Field limit 25). Be sure to email your intentions to the promoter.

=======

The coaster involves no leg frying. Just cruise 3 moderate jeep road miles to the start spot and coast (mostly) back to the bottom.

The post-coaster activities are much more likely to impair race day performance.

I would say meet at the park spot / HQ by 6.15-6.30pm Sat eve. to head up to the coaster zone for the 7pm roll.

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

intheShadows

Gearing and Susp

Not to panic, I have the controls.

You could probably go with a 2:1 gearing and be fine. I would say rigid for the coaster, mainly a gravely jeep road. I could be available for pre-riding on Saturday morning, afternoon I will be a little tied up.

Thanks for the good words Glenn, look forward to seeing you guys down here.

Justin
    Owner of "theUnit"

Hey, wait up!

Initial results

Results sheets posted here.

Results Link

Finalized results to be posted soon at www.hornytoadhustle.org and www.nmcycling.org

Muchos thanks to the promoters, sponsors, racers and excellent (if slightly warm) weather.

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0