Cedro/Oak Flat trails and rain- Mtbr.com
    DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Cedro/Oak Flat trails and rain

Just wondering how the Cedro/Oak Flat area trails hold up to rain. I was planning on doing the 12 Hours of Albuquerque this weekend, but there's currently a flood warning for the Cedro area, and it doesn't look to be letting up anytime soon. I know that around here with a soaking like that at this time of year our trails would need a few sunny days to be in ridable condition, but I'm not as familiar with the trail conditions down there. I was going to come down Thursday night, but plan now is to wait till Friday morning and assess the weather report before I commit to the 6 hour drive.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Hey DLd, I live about 2 miles from Oak Flats. Over the last 2 days I have received just over 2". Most of it yesterday. With no more rain it should be OK. But who knows about that. It was getting a little dry so it should soak in fairly quick. That's just my GUESS. There is some sun right now.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    Hey DLd, I live about 2 miles from Oak Flats. Over the last 2 days I have received just over 2". Most of it yesterday. With no more rain it should be OK. But who knows about that. It was getting a little dry so it should soak in fairly quick. That's just my GUESS. There is some sun right now.
    Cool, thanks. They put up a Facebook post saying it's not raining there, so hopefully it stays that way. I'll check this in the morning if you get a chance to provide an update.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Thanks mtbike52, been wondering the same myself.

mtbr member
    No more rain for the most part. We missed the storm that hit Albq last night. Fog has been hanging around most of the morning keeping things on the damp side. Seems to be lifting now. The ground here is saturated but not super soft. I'm sure that there will be mud in places and not in others. Keep your fingers crossed that there is no more rain today.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t