The Alien Run - Video- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: s0ul_chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,767

    The Alien Run - Video

    Five minutes of a fantastic loop in NW New Mexico - enjoy!


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AlienTrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    264
    Nice edit looks like a real fun trail

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    326
    cool video, looks like a fun trail, I'll need to get up that way and ride it some time.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,636
    Nice one. I appreciate the video. Haven't had a chance to ride the area but ill def hit you up next time work brings me your direction. Also the garmen camera looks to be a worthwhile purchase cool to have speed and grade displayed.... What's the battery life like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    236
    Great video. I was in Farmington for work and rode that Thursday evening. I found it much more fun than the Road Apple trails in Farmington. Reminded me a bit of Phil's World in Cortez. I didn't see a single person the whole time!

    Were you in the SUV with Minnesota plates?

    Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS
    2016 Scott Big Jon

  6. #6
    CoolArrow
    Reputation: jhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,468
    Nice editing, and good job on that little climb/squeeze at the top, it's a tricky move.
    Cool BandolArrow

    Jerry Hazard website

  7. #7
    RCC
    RCC is offline
    Bandolero
    Reputation: RCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,566
    Good one! thanks for the stoke.
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: s0ul_chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Nice one. I appreciate the video. Haven't had a chance to ride the area but ill def hit you up next time work brings me your direction. Also the garmen camera looks to be a worthwhile purchase cool to have speed and grade displayed.... What's the battery life like?
    Battery life depends on your filming preferences, but average is around three hours. I fill up my micro SD faster than I can drain the battery. Looking forward to riding with you again sir!

    Quote Originally Posted by schmed View Post
    Great video. I was in Farmington for work and rode that Thursday evening. I found it much more fun than the Road Apple trails in Farmington. Reminded me a bit of Phil's World in Cortez. I didn't see a single person the whole time!

    Were you in the SUV with Minnesota plates?
    I love that trail - such fun to be had! I am a NM native, so it wouldn't have been me that you saw out there. I usually ride Alien on the weekends as I usually do not have the time on weekdays. I went out yesterday morning and I was the only rider out there, which kinda surprised me.
    Last edited by s0ul_chicken; 07-29-2014 at 02:12 PM.

  9. #9
    Of the Nameless Rabble
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    146
    Nice video treatment of one of my favorite little trails in the state. Thanks.
    ___________________________

    I like this place

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    521
    I rode this trail for the first time a couple months ago when I was up there for work. I didn't have very high expectations, as I'm not a big fan of "flow" trails, but it turned out to be really fun! A good variety of terrain with the slick rock, sand, and dirt; and not "pointlessly" flowy like a lot of places. I actually thought it was quite a bit better than Phil's World, albeit shorter.

    Next time I need to session some of those big rock features. Looks like a lot of potential for tech there...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: s0ul_chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelldify View Post
    I rode this trail for the first time a couple months ago when I was up there for work. I didn't have very high expectations, as I'm not a big fan of "flow" trails, but it turned out to be really fun! A good variety of terrain with the slick rock, sand, and dirt; and not "pointlessly" flowy like a lot of places. I actually thought it was quite a bit better than Phil's World, albeit shorter.

    Next time I need to session some of those big rock features. Looks like a lot of potential for tech there...
    You can extend that ride by going out on the Outer Limits on the East side of the ten mile loop. I want to say it adds another ten miles, and connects back in just before the techy rock section.

  12. #12
    CoolArrow
    Reputation: jhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,468
    Alien is a "flow" trail?
    Cool BandolArrow

    Jerry Hazard website

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: s0ul_chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,767
    Right? Ok, well maybe in a few spots there is good flow. There is way too much terrain change throughout the course to call it flow, by any means. However, it's easy to get going too fast in those few fast sections - Alien is great at throwing in double switch backs, low branches, and obstacles in corners.
    The video does not do the trail justice - one needs to be made of the Black Hole tech spur, and some of the Outer Limits loop.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: delnorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,237
    Great trail and terrain. Reminds me of one that I'm not allowed to discuss near BV, CO.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    592
    Well since you mentioned it... Spill the beans!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    63
    Cool video just rode it a few minutes ago of course, its only 10mins from my house, trail was nice after the rain we got this week.

Similar Threads

  1. Nishiki Alien complete...
    By stan4bikes in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
  2. Topeak Alien 2 vs Alien 3
    By Confused Chimp in forum Tooltime
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  3. Airborne Goblin at Alien Run
    By s0ul_chicken in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 10:07 AM
  4. Advice: 93 Nishiki Alien
    By Honalua in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM
  5. Alien now single and looking
    By urmb in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.