ABQ March 18th : Looking for Guidance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

ABQ March 18th : Looking for Guidance

I'm spending spring break in Phoenix with my family, but I'm driving down there from the Denver area with my camper while they fly out and meet me. I'm planning some rides on the way out and back and I'm looking to ride in/around the ABQ area on Saturday, March 18th (next weekend). Possibly also on the way home to ride Sunday the 26th (or I might go through Moab instead).

I've heard really good things about the trails around your area and am really interested in checking them out. I've found information about some of the areas that might interest me, but I'm not sure how to link it all together, directions to ride, etc. Some local knowledge, or even better yet, a guide / riding pal would be awesome!

I'm an ex downhill racer and currently race enduro in the 40+ masters class, so I really focus my rides on the good descents, but I don't mind pedaling to get there. I'm not fast on the climbs but do love attacking the downs (courteously, of course).

I'm up for a good 2-4 hour ride on Saturday if anyone is interested in joining me and showing me around. But at least some guidance as to what areas are good to go right now and good routes within them would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Grant

but i want to ride now
    I'd be glad to show you around. Right now the Cedro and Otero trails systems are our best, non-snowy trail systems. 2-4 is normally about how long I'm good for anyhow.

Trailforks info FYI:https://www.trailforks.com/region/otero-david-canyon/
    sweet sweet trails

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks! I was guessing Cedro/Otero was the spot. Sounds great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

but i want to ride now
    You've been PM'ed.
    sweet sweet trails

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper. View Post
    I'm spending spring break in Phoenix with my family, but I'm driving down there from the Denver area with my camper while they fly out and meet me. I'm planning some rides on the way out and back and I'm looking to ride in/around the ABQ area on Saturday, March 18th (next weekend). Possibly also on the way home to ride Sunday the 26th (or I might go through Moab instead).

I've heard really good things about the trails around your area and am really interested in checking them out. I've found information about some of the areas that might interest me, but I'm not sure how to link it all together, directions to ride, etc. Some local knowledge, or even better yet, a guide / riding pal would be awesome!

I'm an ex downhill racer and currently race enduro in the 40+ masters class, so I really focus my rides on the good descents, but I don't mind pedaling to get there. I'm not fast on the climbs but do love attacking the downs (courteously, of course).

I'm up for a good 2-4 hour ride on Saturday if anyone is interested in joining me and showing me around. But at least some guidance as to what areas are good to go right now and good routes within them would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Grant
    Hey grant,

This is Eric, I met you at the Crested Butte BME, I was the one camping next to Will. If you decide to come through Albq, let me know and I'll show you around a bit.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Hey grant,

This is Eric, I met you at the Crested Butte BME, I was the one camping next to Will. If you decide to come through Albq, let me know and I'll show you around a bit.
    Hey Eric! Oh yeah, I forgot you lived down there! PM sent.