Riding in Ely?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Riding in Ely?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Riding in Ely?

A buddy and I are talking about going up to Ely on Sunday to check out the riding and to escape the 100 degree weather of Vegas. Mostly we both miss riding in the trees. I've searched around on the forum and found a few links and pictures and some directions. So between Egan Crest and The Cave Lake trails which one has more single track and which one is more fun? I'm still trying to get time off to come up to the Enduro on the 9th.

Any and all pictures of this beautiful area are appreicated. I think there is more than a few people in Vegas that have no idea Ely exists or that there is single track.

occasionally good
    Quote Originally Posted by Interactive
    A buddy and I are talking about going up to Ely on Sunday to check out the riding and to escape the 100 degree weather of Vegas. Mostly we both miss riding in the trees. I've searched around on the forum and found a few links and pictures and some directions. So between Egan Crest and The Cave Lake trails which one has more single track and which one is more fun? I'm still trying to get time off to come up to the Enduro on the 9th.

Any and all pictures of this beautiful area are appreicated. I think there is more than a few people in Vegas that have no idea Ely exists or that there is single track.

I've not yet ridden the Egan Crest Trail but my understanding is that routefinding can be challenging the first time if you're not with a local.

The Cave Lake trails are a complete blast. 100% single track, recently constructed with mountain bikes in mind. No problems with routefinding... a little challenging for those not up to the altitude but beyond that just bomber.

Really, really, really give the Enduro your best shot. Super riding - and BTW, the Cave Lake trails are a prime example of the kind of singletrack that ride raises money to build.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Interactive
    So between Egan Crest and The Cave Lake trails which one has more single track and which one is more fun?
    Cave Lake.... Waaaaaaay better

Egan Crest = Hacked out moto trails.

If you moto there's a terrific loop up there that they are going to use for this year's Coyote's motorcycle race on the June 16..... but it's not great for mtb...and it will be much worse for mtb after the race.

Get up here for the Ely mtb enduro man. You'll get a guided tour of all the best trails.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0