mtbr member
    Mar 2004

more ely mtbing, schell ridge, proposed wilderness

just posted the gps track and map of the schell ridge loop. this is an utterly spectacular ride, up to 10500' or so. typically rideable from june-ish through whenever the big snow comes in november. 25 miles of this trail takes me about 4 hours and change. there is a little bit of hike-a-bike, but the views are well worth it.
    http://www.motosapiens.net/trails.html

this trail is in a proposed wilderness area.you can imagine what i think of arbitrary closures of great mtb trails that have been ridden for years. if you decide to drop a line to senators reid and ensign, and congressman gibbons (the congressional delegation to this area), please refer to the Berry Creek/Schell Ridge/Gilford canyone trail in the South Schell Creek range, and request that they consider using this trail as the southern wilderness boundary.

one really easy way to contact the nevada congressional delegation that represents this area is to go to http://capwiz.com/share/home/ and put in '89301' as the zipcode. it'll pop up links for you to email (or snailmail) our congressfolk.

-mark
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

mtbr member
    Thanks Mark for keeping us up on this. I finally sent my letter to all the congressional delegation. I hope it helps.

Come on guys. More letters.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0