NedwannaB

Clear Creek extn to Spooner done?

Rode an up-n-back on part of it that was done this summer (~3 miles?) heading to Genoa/Carson City this weekend wondering if itís punched thru to the top yet?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JMac47; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yup, been done for a couple months, great trail, probably a little loose cuz itís been so dry.
    Lrg GG Pedalhead 29/27+
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+
    Lrg Devinci Hendrix 27+ (Loaner)
    Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife)

NedwannaB
    Thanks for beta. Yeah somewhat loose in the tight turns when I climbed it(but no dabbed it :0) but weíll go up the old 50 and drop the whole extn hooking up for the return loop back to Jacks Valley.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Itíll be awesome next spring after a good soaking.

Weíre riding the whole thing tomorrow, itís a little cool, but still warm enough and way better than itíll be in January.
    Lrg GG Pedalhead 29/27+
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+
    Lrg Devinci Hendrix 27+ (Loaner)
    Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife)

NedwannaB
    Started @ noon up CC from Jacks Valley, up old 50 to Spooner, down new CC extn and backtracked down to Jacks. 26/3000í but brrrrr on the way down...

Short-Change-Hero
    yeah was a bit chilly when Ben and I rode at first but was bundled enough for the ride. Once we hit the new rock cropping outlook (about 3 miles down from top) it started to warm-up and was all good shredding from there. Figured we would run into more people but really only came in contact with a few. Definitely a fun ride and when I have more time, and more legs, I want to ride full thing from Jacks to Spooner and then back down.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    yeah was a bit chilly when Ben and I rode at first but was bundled enough for the ride. Once we hit the new rock cropping outlook (about 3 miles down from top) it started to warm-up and was all good shredding from there. Figured we would run into more people but really only came in contact with a few. Definitely a fun ride and when I have more time, and more legs, I want to ride full thing from Jacks to Spooner and then back down.
    Were you dropped off @ Spooner and both riding Ripleyís?

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Were you dropped off @ Spooner and both riding Ripleyís?
    Negative... We rode up in my old Land Cruiser (three of us) and then dropped self-shuttle style. We started at like 9:30.

NedwannaB
    Negative... We rode up in my old Land Cruiser (three of us) and then dropped self-shuttle style. We started at like 9:30.
    Brrrrr. 9:30? We didnít get started til just about noon in the sun and were feeling the temp drop as we skirted around the backside areas. Warmed up some climbing the old 50 to Spooner. Sat in a sunny spot in the lot abit like reptiles before heading backroads down the new trail. Thatís when those 2 riders got dropped off. Bittersweet as heading down the body warmth gathered in the lot soon left us with the speed of the dh run. Breaking back out in the southerly facing sections was much appreciated! Time to invest in some cold weather attire!

Short-Change-Hero
    Yeah first bit of riding, maybe mile or two, was a bit chilly and took some warming up. By mile three we had hit the new overlook rock pile. Sat in the sun there for a bit and warmed ourselves then headed down through the trees. But after that point it wasn't too bad. Once we hit some of the last section before Jacks Valley (actual singletrack on the side of the hill overlooking Genoa/Jacks Valley) the guys started to shed a few layers. Luckily I had just the right amount that I started out a bit chilly but warmed up by the time we hit the rock pile.

NedwannaB
    Yeah first bit of riding, maybe mile or two, was a bit chilly and took some warming up. By mile three we had hit the new overlook rock pile. Sat in the sun there for a bit and warmed ourselves then headed down through the trees. But after that point it wasn't too bad. Once we hit some of the last section before Jacks Valley (actual singletrack on the side of the hill overlooking Genoa/Jacks Valley) the guys started to shed a few layers. Luckily I had just the right amount that I started out a bit chilly but warmed up by the time we hit the rock pile.
    Got me wondering if we passed by each other...

Short-Change-Hero
    Got me wondering if we passed by each other...
    Definitely good have. There were three of us, I was on a purple FS that said THUMPER on the down tube, Ben was on his silver Guerilla Gravity Smash and my buddy Dennis was on his 14' Scott Genius. Probably would have run into you at the lower portions closer to Jacks Valley. You on Strava?

NedwannaB
    Definitely good have. There were three of us, I was on a purple FS that said THUMPER on the down tube, Ben was on his silver Guerilla Gravity Smash and my buddy Dennis was on his 14' Scott Genius. Probably would have run into you at the lower portions closer to Jacks Valley. You on Strava?
    Trying to recall riders coming down....🙄...alll a blur now. 😎
    Yes Iím ďj birdĒ no asterisks. Spend some time up there on both sides of the border. 😎

Short-Change-Hero
    Trying to recall riders coming down....🙄...alll a blur now. 😎
    Yes Iím ďj birdĒ no asterisks. Spend some time up there on both sides of the border. 😎
    Yeah I am usually pretty easy to spot. Especially at the trailhead, I have an old 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser with plates FJ6TY. You see that out there and I am somewhere on the trail.

NedwannaB
    Yeah I am usually pretty easy to spot. Especially at the trailhead, I have an old 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser with plates FJ6TY. You see that out there and I am somewhere on the trail.
    I wouldíve noticed. Iím an x Cruiser guy had an FJ62. My bro has a couple 40ís!

Short-Change-Hero
    I wouldíve noticed. Iím an x Cruiser guy had an FJ62. My bro has a couple 40ís!
    LOL... no such thing as an "X Cruiser" guy, you are just waiting for the next one to come around...

NedwannaB
    LOL... no such thing as an "X Cruiser" guy, you are just waiting for the next one to come around...
    Doubt it. Pretty pricey rigs nowadays...