mtbr member

Is Bootleg Canyon ok for newbes?

I'll be riding Bootleg Canyon next week, first time, I ride intermediate xc but my wife is barely starting mountain biking, is this trail too much for a newbe?

desert dweller
    I took my wife out there once. ONCE! She got as far as OS on Mother and turned around and drove to her parents house and left me up there. Luckily I caught up with some other guys who were trying to find their way into Henderson and rode with them. It's not the best for beginners. The Lake View Loops are a little better than the rest - but some fo the g-outs can be very disconcerting for newbies. Cottonwood is a far better place for beginners and if you go in the late afternoon, the sunsets are awesome.

mbb

mtbr member
    I don't know much about Cottonwood either, I'll do some search. I'll take your advise and look for some where else , thanks.

desert dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    I don't know much about Cottonwood either, I'll do some search. I'll take your advise and look for some where else , thanks.
    Here is a map to the trails around vegas. Cottonwood's Latenight trailhead is a good starting point for newbies. Do the Latenight Loop starting up the hill to the west and loop around the little hills and back in from the northeast. It's a short loop, but you can ride out to the north (as an out and back) when you get to the wash with water in it (I highly recommend it and your wife will like it too).

Explore the BARTA website and look at the photo galleries (most of the shots are from Cottonwood). Oh yeah, copy the map and print with the "fit to page" setting. One of these days I'll get around to redoing the Cottonwood Trail Map. Right now it is rather pathetic. :0

https://www.barta-nv.com/imagelib/si...g&target=_self

mbb

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link!! I'm all set up for next week!!!

desert dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    Thanks for the link!! I'm all set up for next week!!!
    Browse around the BARTA website. I made a new map of the Cottonwood area trails and some basic ride info.

mbb

mtbr member
    We had a great time, great job to who ever is involve in taking care of this trails, next time I have to make more time to ride this trails. You guys keep it up and thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0