End-er's warranty adventure (was: MC WARRANTY claims)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

End-er's warranty adventure (was: MC WARRANTY claims)

Eric at MC HQ has hired on some help to get warranty claims so we can get some replacement frames out to those of you who've gone a little "too big".

If you are still waiting for a reply, need an update, or want to file a claim, please send an email to

[email protected]

Please include all your contact and shipping info
    Serial number of your frame
    Photos of your frame
    Model, year, size and color of your frame.
    Scanned copy of your purchase receipt with date, vendor, and price

We'll try to get you set up asap with your options to what we can offer to help you out.

Thanks,

Tim
    Mountain Cycle
    Tech

Dec 2007

MC Slix Broken Frame

Hi,

my 04' Slix frame has broken during normal use a few days ago ;-(((.
    I had a contact with italian vendor and distributor for warranty claim but they just proposed me a 50% discount on a new 2009 model (in 2008 production will not be an XC frame..).
    Can you help me in some way ? Even if warranty has expired the damage seems clearly been caused by a bug on vertical tube.(Obviously I can send you some photos of the frame).
    Thanks in advance.

Federico - ArcheoBike

PS: Hope to be again an happy MC biker ;-))

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archeobike
    Hi,

my 04' Slix frame has broken during normal use a few days ago ;-(((.
    I had a contact with italian vendor and distributor for warranty claim but they just proposed me a 50% discount on a new 2009 model (in 2008 production will not be an XC frame..).
    Can you help me in some way ? Even if warranty has expired the damage seems clearly been caused by a bug on vertical tube.(Obviously I can send you some photos of the frame).
    Thanks in advance.

Federico - ArcheoBike

PS: Hope to be again an happy MC biker ;-))
    For warranty service, please send an email to the address listed above. Please also note that 2003 was the last year Mountain Cycle made a SLiX, in 2004 MC began selling the Zen as their XC frame.

I don't know what you mean by a "2009 model", but a half price deal for a new Zen for your 5 year old XC frame after it broke sounds like a pretty good deal.

Dec 2007

MC WARRANTY claims

Hi Twisted,

tks for your quick reply.
    I bought my Slix in February "04, it was still available on italian market. Then later in 2004 arrived Zen. For 2008 Zen is no more in production and italian distributor has no more Zen medium frames available to apply the offer they proposed me. This is why I'm obliged to wait one more year to ride again a MC.
    About warranty claim I'll try to send the e-mail you indicate in your post. Hope it will be useful even if I got my bike more than three yars ago.
    Now I'm riding a Giant Trance. Is a really good bike, it works fine, but is a little more heavier than Slix. I hope that MC will propose in the future a good XC frame as actually are doing Intense, Titus, Ellsworth and Tomac.
    MC is part of the history of MTB and must survive in the future not just for freeride and downhill bikes.
    Ciao

Federico - Archeobike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Please use the above info for Mountain Cycle warranty claims for the most efficient results. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hello Tim, i hope be writing in correct post.

As you and Krien know, i was sent some mails to you, to Krien and more MC staff, and as you know i am still waiting to solve mi broblem with a San Andreas DNA broken in Agost 2007 (six months ago) the last new was by Krien telling me that i will get a new San Andreas at end of 2007 or beginig of 2008.

Please, can anyone give me information about it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    John Kafulides had contact me by mail, Krien is working on my issue.
    I hope enjoy a new bike early, Maybe San Andreas v4? thas could make me happy after this delay.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by End-er
    Hello Tim, i hope be writing in correct post.

As you and Krien know, i was sent some mails to you, to Krien and more MC staff, and as you know i am still waiting to solve mi broblem with a San Andreas DNA broken in Agost 2007 (six months ago) the last new was by Krien telling me that i will get a new San Andreas at end of 2007 or beginig of 2008.

Please, can anyone give me information about it?
    From what I last heard, there are no San Andreas frames available yet. You are expected to get one when they finally arrive. The DNA frame that you had was from MC Kinesis and those frames have all been sold. The new owners are actually going out of their way to honor the warranties and concerns from customers who bought frames from MC's past owners.

Again, I am no longer an employee of Mountain Cycle and just help them as a part time consultant, etc. You need to email [email protected] he is Mountain Cycle's full time warranty guy who's job is to help customer's with warranties.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    From what I last heard, there are no San Andreas frames available yet. You are expected to get one when they finally arrive. The DNA frame that you had was from MC Kinesis and those frames have all been sold. The new owners are actually going out of their way to honor the warranties and concerns from customers who bought frames from MC's past owners.

Again, I am no longer an employee of Mountain Cycle and just help them as a part time consultant, etc. You need to email [email protected] he is Mountain Cycle's full time warranty guy who's job is to help customer's with warranties.
    Again, I am not asking you for responsibilities, i just think the people must to know how MC warraty is working actually. If you are not agree, i can open a new thread.

Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Have you actually emailed John at Mountain Cycle?
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thekiltedskier
    Have you actually emailed John at Mountain Cycle?
    Yes, and he told me Krien its working in my issue. I just hope finnaly the delay(6 months) worth with a new San Andreas V4 model.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Today still waiting, 8 months

Jun 2007
    Hello everyone

Just a few public words to help clear things up a little.

Since we took over MC we have been struggling (badly) with getting new stocks of frames - both for sale and warranty.

If you look in our warehouses (in SoCal and the Alpes) you will see stock of:

Shockwave - the new Brushed finish are now in stock with Rocco coil overs. MX style graphics kits are on order for the factory look on the monocoque - or keep it showing that cool raw finish. We have no warranties on this bike - in fact the only one I saw broken was the early season bike we lent to Floriane Pugin, who later went on to win the DH Junior World Championships...

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#1...&bgcolor=black

Rumble - is now available in the cool LTD edition artwork (as done by Chris Bourke). These are very Ltd, only a few left un-reserved. Once they are gone we will have the standard bike in brushed finish and std decals. Replaceable DO's are on order.
    We have no warranties on this bike.

http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0170&bgcolor=black"]http://gallery.mac.com/kriendawson#100055/SANY0170&bgcolor=black

Fury - is still not with us, it's due to leave Taiwan by week 20, so will be with us about end-May. Once these trail bikes are received we will honour warranties on any Mojo or Fury bikes (mainly it's the Fury rear swingarms' we'll be changing out) At that point we will have Fury's (in the new colors & with 09 shocks) for sale.

Battery - is our all-new Slopestyle tool, so it won't have any warranties waiting... We're hoping to sell these killer fast, so think about pre-ordering at your local store now?

Those of you already waiting for DNA's - then you will be issued with new front monocoques. You will be informed that these bikes are no longer covered for DH use - as was mentioned in the old catalogue... This is an extreme backwoods bike - yeah sure, ride it hard. But please don't come back to us when your 888's have damaged your monocoque... We were only able to make about 10 DNA's in the end, from older shells we had left over from when we dismantled the Portland stock. We are not re-ordering the DNA as you know it now.

Classic - is proving to be a big problem for us, we have no stock available and no certain date for possible delivery. We need to substantially re-tool to continue production, and this is taking a long time. We will keep you updated as we have news on this bike.

Now I'd like to make a personal message - from me to you... When we bought MC we took with it a massive amount of history, goodwill and responsibility (which is one of the reasons you've not seen us rushing out new product - though we are working on some exiting stuff for....).

One of the responsibilities we took on ourselves was that we had to continue to support you, the current MC rider. Obvious really - we are riders too, and even in this process (of giving you a replacement bike) costs us money... we truly believe that it's an obligation we have to fulfil... and we will, except that:

When we have no stock - then that means we cannot give you a replacement frame / subframe...

The moment that we have the container un-loaded, the first thing we will do is sort out the (actually very few - though nicely vocal!) warranty claims that we have not yet been able to resolve.

I know some of you have been waiting a long time for your frame, but please do bear with us, understand the problem from our side, and know that, if we have already confirmed your claim then we will resolve it as soon as possible... Thanks.

See more (including pricing) at www.mountaincycle.com

- Sorry I cant get the photo's to work!
    Last edited by VeloFello; 04-12-2008 at 06:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Today still waiting, 10 months

Jun 2007
    Hi End-er.

Yes, we know and WE are sorry for your wait.

WE have not yet been shipped the stock that Kinesis promised us six months ago...

AS SOON as WE receive the warranty frames, WE will send them out to YOU.

Until then, we have nothing we can send We understand your frustration, we are equally angry... but please understand that Mountain Cycle closed it's doors. We picked up the pieces and WE WILL to help you out. Just don't shoot the messenger.... when we get these frames delivered we will send them onto you....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hi VeloFelo,
    I'm very sorry, i know is not pleasant for you this situation. I read something about frames stock and thought maybe there is a SA frame for me.

anyone else smell that?
    you guys don't happen to have any frame decals about do you?? i ripped up the 'mountain cycle' sticker that was across the top tube and would like to replace it.

thanks.
    1. Your signature can not be longer than 125 characters.

Jun 2007

Stickers

Hi
    No problem, just drop us a message to ussales or eusales (at) mountaincycle.com and we will sort you out with some of the stickers you need.

We've only got the older logo in stock right now - waiting for another batch of the new logo ones to be delivered (it's the story of our lives...). Normally we ask you to buy something; some socks, a tee and then we'l give you a bunch of stickers free...

Thanks for wanting to make your older MC look like new - we appreciate it, and are doing everything we can to look after our original customers 100%....

anyone else smell that?
    i could always use some socks....so i'll email that adress and work something out. though, if you had ever seen me ride you probably wouldn't want me advertising for your company.

thanks.
    1. Your signature can not be longer than 125 characters.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Jun 2007
    Warranty updates:

DNA: We are due to receive a very limited number (about 1/3 of what we ordered) of the the last available DNA mainframes. They will be despatched to those of you who have already asked for a replacement. When they are gone - they are gone... Sorry but the old owner of MC / frame vendor isn't helping us. Remember - it's a All-Mountain bike - not a DH bike - ride it as such and you won't have any problems...

Classic:
    We are still trying to find a solution - but it's not easy. We cannot justify paying the new tooling that this would need - it's a seriously big ticket number. Anybody waiting for a mainframe has (should have been) informed that we will swap you out - in most cases using our 50/50 replacement scheme (50% off retail) for a Fury. We will keep trying to find a solution.

Zen Swingarms:
    We are still waiting for the new proto/test Zen swingarm - slightly revised so that the weld contact between CS and CS Bridge is a 45deg angle - not 90deg as it's currently. Once we approve the new swingarm it's about 90 days to delivery (if they deliver on time...) So we are sensibly looking at about late Fall. Sorry we can't do anything sooner.

I just received a PM from a user called asafp7 - who asks:

Hey,
    My rear triangle has beoke last weeknd, Do you know if i can use the new Jamis Dakar XCR's rear triangle for my 2005 MC ZEN?
    Thanks! asafp7

The answer I'm afraid is NO - while the designs are very similar they are not identical. Our bearings are spaced further apart and are bigger OD. We have not tried to machine down a new axle (nor will we condone this...) but on paper that 'might' work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloFello
    Warranty updates:

DNA: We are due to receive a very limited number (about 1/3 of what we ordered) of the the last available DNA mainframes. They will be despatched to those of you who have already asked for a replacement. When they are gone - they are gone... Sorry but the old owner of MC / frame vendor isn't helping us. Remember - it's a All-Mountain bike - not a DH bike - ride it as such and you won't have any problems...
    I supose, one of them is for me, isn´t it?

Dou you know when could i recive the frame?

Secrets to behold

Good job! Thanks for the awesome service

When my '03 Rumble went down over a year ago I thought I was SOL. I heard MC was closing its doors and didn't have much hope for a warranty claim. I went through the vendor (greenfishsports.com) who contacted Eric. Despite MC having new owners, Eric agreed to 50/50 crash replace my frame. There were some manufacturing delays which I'm sure were as painful for the guys at MC as they were for waiting customers, but in the meantime I was able to communicate with John who was(is) handling all the warranties. I learned that he was digging up replacement parts and answering service questions about 5+ year old bikes that aren't even made anymore! He helped me put together an old rumble to ride in the meantime and made sure the hanger was the proper fit and that I had bright pink decals Anyway, my new '09 frame finally made it and it looks better in person than in the photos. Most important though, it rides amazing. Thanks John, Eric, and everyone else making it happen. Great costumer service and awesome bikes.

Here's a pic of the new Rumble:http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=145
    Beer me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungNastyMan
    When my '03 Rumble went down over a year ago I thought I was SOL. I heard MC was closing its doors and didn't have much hope for a warranty claim. I went through the vendor (greenfishsports.com) who contacted Eric. Despite MC having new owners, Eric agreed to 50/50 crash replace my frame. There were some manufacturing delays which I'm sure were as painful for the guys at MC as they were for waiting customers, but in the meantime I was able to communicate with John who was(is) handling all the warranties. I learned that he was digging up replacement parts and answering service questions about 5+ year old bikes that aren't even made anymore! He helped me put together an old rumble to ride in the meantime and made sure the hanger was the proper fit and that I had bright pink decals Anyway, my new '09 frame finally made it and it looks better in person than in the photos. Most important though, it rides amazing. Thanks John, Eric, and everyone else making it happen. Great costumer service and awesome bikes.

Here's a pic of the new Rumble:http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=145
    Very similar story over here. I had an '04 that developed a hairline crack at the seat stay/seat tube weld late last year (since been re-designed). The new guys (John and Eric) at Mountain Cycle went well above what's expected and worked out a deal for me. I got one of the new Limited Edition Rumble frames....it looks absolutely amazing, the pics don't do it justice. I should have it built in a few weeks and I'll post a few pics.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hello, could say me something about the San Andreas frame that i waiting for??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    One year waiting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    MC staff, i sent you a mail about the San Andreas im waiting one year ago and im waiting for the mail answer too, VeloFello, do you have time to participate in this forum but not to answer me?

Is this the client service tha MC give us now???

Maybe i must to open new post explain all the history about this warranty clain that i waiting for a year without solution.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    MC staff, i sent you a mail about the San Andreas im waiting one year ago and im waiting for the mail answer too, VeloFello, do you have time to participate in this forum but not to answer me?

Is this the client service tha MC give us now???

Maybe i must to open new post explain all the history about this warranty clain that i waiting for a year without solution.
    Is there a forum moderator who can ban this guy? He doesn't read any of the replies to his messages and does not add to this forum in any positive way.

The warranty situation for older Mountain Cycle frames has been explained many times.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Is there a forum moderator who can ban this guy? He doesn't read any of the replies to his messages and does not add to this forum in any positive way.

The warranty situation for older Mountain Cycle frames has been explained many times.
    There is any reason for ban me?? Or maybe MC only accept positive posts??
    Many times MC has expalin me why i havent yet a new frame but nobody has explain me why im waiting ONE YEAR AGO without solution, as i said by mail, y demand a solution, the money or other frame, but ONE YEAR waiting for a warranty is not a solution, i understand the MC new situation, but the new owners dosent understand that they had bought a company and the responsabilities with this company, so I DEMAND A SOLUTION NOW.

I dont like write in this forum about the bad warraty service of MC, Jhon and Krien dosent havet time for answer me but they have time for poarticipate in this forum, great customer service....

Jun 2007
    The moment that frames arrive in stock we will be shipping them out to everyone who's waiting for a new or warranty replacement frame...!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The moment that frames arrive in stock we will be shipping them out to everyone who's waiting for a new or warranty replacement frame...!

MC said that sentence one moth after i contact they, four months after, MC said the same sentence, at first of 2008 said that the frame was in fabrication process, today i still waiting.

More than one year waiting, and MC said that i must wait more time??!!

I want a solution, because more than one year waiting is not a solution, i demand a limit date, or another solution as other frame or the money i paid.

But, i'm sure, MC just will say again: The moment that frames arrive in stock we will be shipping them out to everyone who's waiting for a new or warranty replacement frame...!

Maybe MC staff think i can ride this sentence as a bike.

Jun 2007
    Hi Ender,

One of the problems with the monikers on MTBR is I don't know why you are (though I think I do) so If you are on-line call or mail my e.mail?

You are right, you have been waiting a long time, as have we have been waiting for the containers to arrive - and until we physically have the stock delivered to us, we can't do anything.

We've tried to do everything else we can to help you - such as our 50/50 scheme that would subsidise the cost of a brand new frame and shock (I think I suggested Fury to you)?

But you insist on getting a replacement DNA frame, which we have ordered, waited many months longer than we were promised for, and will have in stock soon.

What else do you want us to do? Lie?

Or perhaps we could Ignore you, as with regards to the actual LEGAL status of your warranty - we could remind you that you bought this frame from the previous MC owners, via (if you are who I think you are..) a non-authorised discount retailer.

But here is the bottom line - the very minute I have your frame in my hands, I will ship it to you (which is at our cost) - what else can I say?

Please mail me.

Regards
    Krien

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    unbelievable!!!!
    Now you want to contact by mail??? You know i alwais contact you firstly by mail, in fact, y wrote to John and you at 05-agost-2008 without answer, this is the reason for write here.

Sorry for not call you, but my talked English is worst than written, and i prefer contact by mail to have a copy of conversations.

No, you dosen't suggested me a 50/50 Fury and sincerely y think this is a joke, more than one year waiting and offer me a 50/50 fury? No thanks, in my opinion i have not to pay, i paid for a SA which broken, i was waiting for more than year, sorry but i'm nor interested in pay.
    I dont want you to lie, just answer my emails and gime iformation as you are doing now.

You are wrong about the status of my warranty, now i wil mail you to explain.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Wow, I have not read this thread in a while.

End-er, Mate! You are way out of line so let me put this into English YOU can understand....

The Mountain Cycle that's communicating with you is a NEW business. NEW. Understand? Opposite of old.

This Mountain Cycles has NOTHING to do with the PREVIOUS OWNERS, from which your frame came.

As such, they have NO LEGAL responsibility to do anything for you. None. Zip. Nadda. Nichts.

The fact that Krien, John etc. as the NEW Mountain Cycle are helping you, you should be THANKFUL for. Understand?

They could and if they were many other companies out there, would, tell you to got get bent, nothing for you.

So STOP being a spoiled prat and be happy you are being serviced, by peple who care enough to want to help you out.

It seems you bough a bike, from a discount dealer who knew all too well that there would be no warranty with your DNA. If you did not research, then it's your fault. More so, it seems your issue is more to do with the discount retailer, who did the wrong thing by not telling you the whole story. Be happy the new MC cares enough about its inherited customers and what it does to make you what I am sure everyone here would agree is a good offer.
    ---
    Old skool is the new skool

My dot net

Oct 2005

Wait, you're asking for a consumer to be banned on a consumer forum, especially one that's been having trouble reaching you guys?

That's in extremely poor taste, no matter who is at fault. The dangerous line to walk is when manufacturers and businesses ask for consumers to be banned. This is not a place where the companies have the sway. THis is a forum for consumers where consumers actually have some power and level out the field.

And I also run other message boards, so I have experience with this- "BANNING" is not effective, as it will bite you on the ass, but DIPLOMACY is, meaning you can usually do great things and moving mountains and all that simply with communication. If that fails, say here, you communicate via pm, you do everything you can, you use moderators as a mediator, not as people to ban a party you have a dealing with to silence them.

Food for thought and I hope you take the advice. Communication, disarming yourself, and good will goes a long way. Asking for users to be banned when they are consumers on a consumer forum is not the way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig Pilot
    Wow, I have not read this thread in a while.

End-er, Mate! You are way out of line so let me put this into English YOU can understand....

The Mountain Cycle that's communicating with you is a NEW business. NEW. Understand? Opposite of old.

This Mountain Cycles has NOTHING to do with the PREVIOUS OWNERS, from which your frame came.

As such, they have NO LEGAL responsibility to do anything for you. None. Zip. Nadda. Nichts.

The fact that Krien, John etc. as the NEW Mountain Cycle are helping you, you should be THANKFUL for. Understand?

They could and if they were many other companies out there, would, tell you to got get bent, nothing for you.

So STOP being a spoiled prat and be happy you are being serviced, by peple who care enough to want to help you out.

It seems you bough a bike, from a discount dealer who knew all too well that there would be no warranty with your DNA. If you did not research, then it's your fault. More so, it seems your issue is more to do with the discount retailer, who did the wrong thing by not telling you the whole story. Be happy the new MC cares enough about its inherited customers and what it does to make you what I am sure everyone here would agree is a good offer.
    Could you understand Spanish like i understand English?? No??? opps, so maybe you must be more respectful.

A warranty its a contract between the product owner and the company, is not important who is the company owner, John and Krien bought a company, with potential cutomers and with responsabilities with previous customers, could you understand that with my bad English? If tomorrow Ford is bought by another company, the warranty of your car disapear?? wrong, mistake, EQUIVOCADO

I had not bought with discount dealer(krien is wrong about that), i bought my SA contacting directly on oficcial MC web and i have some mails talking about the warranty terms wiht the seller,this is a history that you don't know, so you must close your mouth about that.

My posts in this thread are not for get othe opinios, just to comunicate wiht MC because they dosen't asnwer my mails, so if you aren't MC staff just read and dont add more negative posts.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    End-er,

I'm sorry your English is not so great, but you do seem to be doing a very good job in voicing your opinions quite nicely.

Having extensive experience in the world of brands, warranties and all that, I can indeed tell you that if Ford did sell up to another company, the new company would have no obligation to fill a warranty claim unless there was a specific clause in the contract. They'd do so only to maintain good relations and keep their customers happy, which is just what MC is trying to do here.

Regardless of what has transpired, on email or otherwise, you have chosen to come to a PUBLIC FORUM, as Jerk_Chicken pointed out (and I agree with his stance BTW), and voice your opinions, which many here disagree with. As such, to keep on doing so opens this 'discussion' to all forum participants. If you don't like that, then I suggest you keep it to email between yourself and MC.

I can assure you, coming here and mouthing off like you have and not listening to anyone or anything, will not endear you to anyone on the forum OR I am guessing over at MC.
    ---

My dot net

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Wait, you're asking for a consumer to be banned on a consumer forum, especially one that's been having trouble reaching you guys?

That's in extremely poor taste, no matter who is at fault. The dangerous line to walk is when manufacturers and businesses ask for consumers to be banned. This is not a place where the companies have the sway. THis is a forum for consumers where consumers actually have some power and level out the field.

And I also run other message boards, so I have experience with this- "BANNING" is not effective, as it will bite you on the ass, but DIPLOMACY is, meaning you can usually do great things and moving mountains and all that simply with communication. If that fails, say here, you communicate via pm, you do everything you can, you use moderators as a mediator, not as people to ban a party you have a dealing with to silence them.

Food for thought and I hope you take the advice. Communication, disarming yourself, and good will goes a long way. Asking for users to be banned when they are consumers on a consumer forum is not the way.
    I admit that banning may not be the answer J.K. but did you read the previous posts, going back for a year?
    The staff at M.C. have been in communication with him. He just isn't satisfied with the replacement Fury frame idea. The irony is, that the Fury is a stellar bike, that is better than the DNA.
    The half off a new frame deal, is pretty standard, for a bike that is no longer in production.
    Hell, some companies want to do that, even with a current frame.
    Knowing the staff at M.C. I wouldn't be surprised, if they'd knock off the price even more, if he'd buy the frame with no shock. If his DNA has a 7.5" (190mm) shock, he can use it on the new Fury frame.

BTW, I don't own a Ellsworth Joker, instead of my San An, because Tony Ellsworth, did in fact, get person's negative reviews, removed from the board, when his company had some issues with quality control about 3 years (?) ago.
    A similar stink, happened with IBEX.
    Those companies, really did try and get rid of the customers that were complaining.

I had some issues, with a 04 Jamis Dakar XLT. They admitted to many problems with that year of frame, but never offered anything that had the problems worked out. They gave me one swingarm and a couple of bearing sets, then ignored me. The bike was a disaster after 3 months and Jamis never made things right.
    Last edited by Ericmopar; 08-24-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Mig Pilot, its very simple, a warranty is a contract between two parts(me and MC), and a contract cant be broken for just one part of this contract, the warranty its a contract between me and MC, not between me and the MC owners, so the warraty is valid even on owners change.(perhaps the warranty law is diferent in Europe?).

But this is not important, i'm thankful for MC compromise, but i would like MC just answer my mails with some info abuot when i will recibe my SA, just an answer, just respect.

You are right, this is a public forum and everybody can participate, but, nobody can voice their opinion if dosent know about we are talking, for exemple, where i bought my SA.
    And, as i told, i only write here to get a MC staff response because by mail, a cant get an answer, in fact, today, a have not an answer by mail and i sent to krien and john one of this 3 days ago.

Could someone confirm this mails? [email protected] [email protected]

Please, i would like leave this post, but i need contact by mail. Thanks.

Maaaaan
    Could someone confirm this mails? [email protected] [email protected]

Please, i would like leave this post, but i need contact by mail. Thanks.
    Those are the correct emails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    [QUOTE=End-er]unbelievable!!!!
    QUOTE]

Ender,

What I find unbelievable is the fact that you are putting up such a fuss in order to receive ANOTHER DNA frame that will most likely fail in the same manner as your first one. I understand you want compensation for the untimely demise of your frame, but you should listen to the good people here on this forum and take the 50/50 on a Fury instead. Just look at this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=445104
    I absolutely loved my DNA before it imploded..... Right about the time I was prying the 5th Element shock out of it with a CROWBAR, I decided it would not be worth replacing, as the same scenario was likely to repeat itself. Cut your losses now and go for the Fury. You would not be disappointed. I ruined my DNA two months before you did and not once have you heard me cry, b!tch & moan over it. I accept it as part of the game we all play. Give MC a break and listen to what they HAVE told you, and stop complaining that your nagging e-mails have not been answered. From the sounds of it, they are doing everything they can to make good on your frame.

Dave

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Dave, thanks a lot for your opinion.

But, i think i must not pay for a warranty, if MC offer me a no cost fury that could be great.

They aren´t doing everything they can, i´m waiting for a email answers, they said me here that i mail us, i did it, and today i still waiting.

Jose

mtbr member
    Hola Jose

Que tal?

I feel your frustration, however, you bought your bike in what year and from who?????

I think it's pretty cool that they are willing to pay all costs to get you another frame.

They said that they would get you a new frame as soon as they can. What more do you want? You can't possibly want them to give you weekly updates of, "it is still not here yet," do you? In your opinion, should they be doing this for everyone that ever bought a MC? There are only so many hours in the day. I am pretty sure that Krien will send you a frame the same day he gets them just to stop the.......

If you just relax then they will get you a new frame asap.

I hope you guys find a solution. Good luck. Buena suerte. (sp?) Adios.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoW
    Hola Jose

Que tal?

I feel your frustration, however, you bought your bike in what year and from who?????

I think it's pretty cool that they are willing to pay all costs to get you another frame.

They said that they would get you a new frame as soon as they can. What more do you want? You can't possibly want them to give you weekly updates of, "it is still not here yet," do you? In your opinion, should they be doing this for everyone that ever bought a MC? There are only so many hours in the day. I am pretty sure that Krien will send you a frame the same day he gets them just to stop the.......

If you just relax then they will get you a new frame asap.

I hope you guys find a solution. Good luck. Buena suerte. (sp?) Adios.
    Hello, I answered these questions some posts ago.

Thanks

PD: Yes, i'm from Spain

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Ok so its not a warranty claim, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

Does anyone know where I can find a medium short sleeve jersey? I sent an email a week or two ago to [email protected] and never heard back. This address was listed on facebook as a contact for jerseys.

Thanks
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Zen Swingarm and Parts

I'm on my third swingarm, but I did some calculations and reinforced this one with an added aluminum rod above the stays ("powerbars") and it has survived quite a while with heavy use.

I do have a number of spare new bearings and derailluer hangers as a result of all this, in case anyone needs some, and I have a new swingarm haning in the garage just in case...

Frank
    Portland

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Finally i have recived news from MC, Krien said me the San Andreas DNA have arrived. One year and 3 months waiting but finally MC solve the problem.

Krien I'm triying to send a mail but i got an error, so i'm going to send you a pm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Finally i have recived news from MC, Krien said me the San Andreas DNA have arrived. One year and 3 months waiting but finally MC solve the problem.

Krien I'm triying to send a mail but i got an error, so i'm going to send you a pm.
    And today i still wainting for the frame and news, MC dosen´t answer my mails asking about the frame.

mtbr member
    How it works in the UK is your contract is with the RETAILER, not the manufacturer and only with proof of purchase. If that retailer goes out of business and you have a problem then the manufacturer has no legal rights to help you but most will out of good faith.

Not sure how that works in the USA as a lot more manufacturers appear to sell direct to consumers.

If your emails are going missing/unanswered it could be a simple thing as the junk mail/spam box picking up your email to them or their reply to you. Why not phone them and check. In all my years of business a phone call is nearly always better than email.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How it works in the UK is your contract is with the RETAILER, not the manufacturer and only with proof of purchase. If that retailer goes out of business and you have a problem then the manufacturer has no legal rights to help you but most will out of good faith.

Not sure how that works in the USA as a lot more manufacturers appear to sell direct to consumers.

If your emails are going missing/unanswered it could be a simple thing as the junk mail/spam box picking up your email to them or their reply to you. Why not phone them and check. In all my years of business a phone call is nearly always better than email.
    I bought the San Andreas directly to MC without dealers.

My mails are correct and MC are reciving them, maybe the problem about spam have it MC.

My English is not enough for a phone call.

For these reasons i write here. And Krien knows that can contact me using this post.

Wehere is my SA and why MC dosent answer me?

Oct 2005
    MC,

Can you guys do whatever it was you agreed upon and make the poster go away? It's getting silly now, and not from his end. It looks almost as if MC wants to string this guy along now. Finish it and do what was agreed upon.

mtbr member
    I think MC is waiting for his frame and they told him that.

Oct 2005
    And this is what the poster said in November:

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    And this is what the poster said in November:
    You are right, i have not news since November, i wrote them mails, i posted here, and not answer and not frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Some mails more and today i still waiting for answer since November. What happens with the MC customer service?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It´s incredible that a brand as Mountain Cycle doesn´t solve problems like this ..

Is a fact that the frame is broken, and if it´s on guarantee the frame has to be changed ..

As i read the problem with this frame is from Agoust 2007 and we are in January 2009!!!!!

Poor image for this brand, poor image for the customers and very poor image for this bikes ...

I hope that someone solves the End-er problem ASAP .....

I´m jus looking for a Mountain Cycle frame, but as i read, i think i´m going to try to find other brand .... I don´t assume this kid of post-sale service

good luck End-er !!

Oct 2005
    I really have to vote that now MC, despite trying to make the owner look like an ass, are making him look like a victim.

If this was a problem they really intended on fixing, instead of stringing the customer along until they gave up, I would have to think there are others they are treating the same way who DON'T post on message boards, who have given up.

I even remember MC asking some time ago (was it already last year???) to have the user banned.

Hey MC, make this problem go away. That's an easy solution and fair, since it was agreed upon. You acknowledged the owner, now you can't go back on it. After that, you're just making yourselves look bad.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks a lot Mithril and Jerk.

I cant understand why in Novenber MC said me they had a new freme for me, and when y remember them that the swinarm was broken too the have not answer, there was the last time MC contact me.

I would accept othe frame, but free, of course, in my opinion I must not to pay for a warranty.

ride hard take risks
    Jerky do you even own a MC or are you just doing what you do best???
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Oct 2005
    Did you even read the thread? Or now are you Ibex guys searching out my posts?

mtbr member
    I do believe there is FAR MORE to this situation than is being divulged here, so those offering MC advice on how to deal with such situations should understand that they do not have the full list of facts and going by the views of one side of the party is not the smartest thing to do at any time.

What's more, it has been plainly pointed out, here and on the MC.com website that End-er would be best to direct his efforts to the Get Satisfaction forum
    ---

My dot net

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril
    It´s incredible that a brand as Mountain Cycle doesn´t solve problems like this ..

Is a fact that the frame is broken, and if it´s on guarantee the frame has to be changed ..

As i read the problem with this frame is from Agoust 2007 and we are in January 2009!!!!!

Poor image for this brand, poor image for the customers and very poor image for this bikes ...

I hope that someone solves the End-er problem ASAP .....

I´m jus looking for a Mountain Cycle frame, but as i read, i think i´m going to try to find other brand .... I don´t assume this kid of post-sale service

good luck End-er !!
    They aren't stringing him along.
    It's just that there isn't a DNA or equivalent frame in production anymore.
    They offered him a Fury on a big discount, but he didn't want it, even though it's a better bike than a DNA. The Fury has slightly less travel, but is more durable.
    They were supposed to get some DNA mainframes made up, but it seems like I remember something went wrong with that.
    Besides, why hand out another mainframe that had a design defect in it in the first place? That's another reason to pick up the offered Fury frame.

The new Mountain Cycle is doing what they can for people.
    It's a very small company.

Kinesis didn't cough up all the tooling and spares when they sold MC.
    At least that's what I've heard.
    You'll notice that there are not any other persons like Ender, complaining about warranty delays.
    Considering that MC sells hundreds of frames a year, I think that's good evidence, that they must take care of the customers.

The Battery was the latest project. A bike with about 6" travel is in the works next I believe.

In any case, MC isn't the only small company to offer something other than the original bike frame, when there is a warranty claim.
    Even big companies like Specialized do that.

Jamis admitted to me, that the 04 Dakar XLTs had a lot of problems, but they never offered me a new frame at all...

As a side note. Kinesis, Designed and built the San Andreas DNA, Sin, and the Jamis that I had so many problems with. HMMMMMMM.
    My San An Classic, which was designed by Robert Reisinger, is a great bike. HMMMMMMM...

ride hard take risks
    That has been said earlier in a couple post and had to be said again because people dont read what is written but read what they want to hear, not always the same. If anyone read a warranty it says the frame or component will be replaced for whatever amount of time as long as that product is still manufactured. If the product is not being manufactured any more the manufacture has the option to deal with it as they feel. Most cases the manufacture offers the newer model at a pro-deal but there is no guarantee on a warranty.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I do believe there is FAR MORE to this situation than is being divulged here, so those offering MC advice on how to deal with such situations should understand that they do not have the full list of facts and going by the views of one side of the party is not the smartest thing to do at any time.

What's more, it has been plainly pointed out, here and on the MC.com website that End-er would be best to direct his efforts to the Get Satisfaction forum
    Hello Mig Pilot, firts of all, thanks for your help.

I exposed my warrantiy claim situation, thas all the truth, i have the mails for demostrate that.
    If MC wants to discuss something, they can do it here, in the post that MC opened to contact them about warraty claims.
    As i said, I had contacted them many times, by mail and by this thread, i cant call them because my talked English its really bad.
    Everybody knows that MC dont answer because they dont want to answer, simply.
    I will try contact them as you say, using this link. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    They aren't stringing him along.
    It's just that there isn't a DNA or equivalent frame in production anymore.
    They offered him a Fury on a big discount, but he didn't want it, even though it's a better bike than a DNA. The Fury has slightly less travel, but is more durable.
    They were supposed to get some DNA mainframes made up, but it seems like I remember something went wrong with that.
    Besides, why hand out another mainframe that had a design defect in it in the first place? That's another reason to pick up the offered Fury frame.

The new Mountain Cycle is doing what they can for people.
    It's a very small company.

Kinesis didn't cough up all the tooling and spares when they sold MC.
    At least that's what I've heard.
    You'll notice that there are not any other persons like Ender, complaining about warranty delays.
    Considering that MC sells hundreds of frames a year, I think that's good evidence, that they must take care of the customers.

The Battery was the latest project. A bike with about 6" travel is in the works next I believe.

In any case, MC isn't the only small company to offer something other than the original bike frame, when there is a warranty claim.
    Even big companies like Specialized do that.

Jamis admitted to me, that the 04 Dakar XLTs had a lot of problems, but they never offered me a new frame at all...

As a side note. Kinesis, Designed and built the San Andreas DNA, Sin, and the Jamis that I had so many problems with. HMMMMMMM.
    My San An Classic, which was designed by Robert Reisinger, is a great bike. HMMMMMMM...
    Who is the liar?? You or MC staff? Because the last mail y recived the said me they have finally new stock of DNA frame, and they ask me for the ship address, but when i remeber they that the swinarm its boken too, i have not recive answer, you could know that if you had read this thread.

As I SAID MC offered me a Fury with disccount, yes, but i think i must not to pay for a warranty claim, if MC wants to solve this problem as them promise me, the must send me a FREE DNA new frame and a used swinarm. If MC cant do that they promise, i would accept a FREE Fury, i dont know if is better or not than San Andreas, i just know that i want MC solve this warranty claim, not sell me a new bike.

Look this post: http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc..._mountaincycle

Fury broken with cross country use, realy better than San Andreas? Maybe San Andreas is worst than i thought. As i read in this post MC was send him a free new frame(assuming this post is true), why MC dont do the same with me??

I dont matter how small its MC or how bad was the kinessis desing, as i said, i just want MC meets thay promise me and that wasnt sell me a new bike, it was replace the bike.

I understand for MC its very easy sell me a bike, the big disccount is for MC a new sale, what kind of warranty is this? "If your bike had broken just buy another" I dont matter if there is another companies that do the same, (in Iraq is diying a lot of people and its not correct) there is a lot of companies that do the correct.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    And..... today still waiting for a simply answer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    No answer yet?? In-cre-di-ble .... :-o

Jun 2007
    Dear Jose (End-Er on MTBR)

I hope that with this message, and the parcel that I am going to send to you, we are about to bring this long-running and unpleasant saga to an end.

Over the past 18 months, you have (and quite rightly) merely been trying to resolve a warranty dispute, and as such I really can’t but agree with you, I said that I would provide you with a warranty replacement, and it is your right to receive this.

So before I go any further, I do want to ‘thank you’ for two things; your relative patience, and your determination and belief that you are right.

I am not going to pretend that “Mountain Cycle have been 100% right” - as I am well aware that the quality of service we have offered you, has not been up to our normal standards.

However, I don’t feel that you have been 100% fair with us either, and so I would like to just highlight a few items, which perhaps had not been published previously, in order to clearly and finally highlight the obstacles we have had to overcome in order to get to this frame.

Re-reading through your comments, I often get from your side the impression (and I am sorry that our other customers will read this the same way) that you were merely an innocent participant, and were being cheated by Mountain Cycle...

That has never been the case, and the first thing I wish to remind you, is that we have always offered you (like for any of our customers) the opportunity to buy a replacement frame from our existing product range at a substantial reduction (below cost) but you decided that you would only accept another DNA and not the proposed alternative, the Fury.

Therefore, and as you are well aware, the DNA frame has been specially made for you, at our cost. We first had to find and repair the original tooling, and then persuade the vendor to make a very small batch of frames (at a great cost).

This amounted to the majority of the delay you have experienced, you must understand the amount of work but went into sourcing, making, shipping & importing these frames? It is not something that happens overnight, and the fact that our suppliers were several months late in delivering to us only made a bad situation worse.

It was only at this time, that you decided to inform me that you also needed a rear swing arm... You had not mentioned this important fact earlier in the process, and meant that I had to go and track down, buy back, inspect and prepare a swing arm for you.

We then organised its shipping to you in December 2008, to the registered address you gave us, and so I was rather surprised to recently discover that the frame had been returned to us, due to non-delivery at the address you had given us!

Unfortunately, we had moved offices for the beginning of January, and so the frame did not get returned straight to us, Instead it spent a few weeks waiting in the “don’t know what to do with this” area of our parcel carriers international dispatch warehouse.

During this time, I sent you three e-mails, for which I received neither NO answer, NO out office reply, NOR a reject mail message. So I can only assume that you received these (or they went into your spam box?) but chose not to reply?

You continued to place messages on the MTBR Forum, even though I had specifically informed you that I wanted you to e-mail me directly, or pass via our own customer care Forum.

Who’s being unfair to whom? Like I said I’ve not handled your case 100% as I should have (or will handle any future similar cases such as yours) but you really haven’t made life easy for me either...

However; whatever the situation, or the problems we have cause eachother; here is the solution; I have at my side a DNA frame and rear swingarm (see photo) and am Very Happy to put this into the post for you.

However (although this does not affect the fact that I will ship the goods to you) I am still waiting to receive from you a written letter, signed with your autograph, stating that you agree with the following conditions:

In the case of the DNA, we wish to make it perfectly clear that this is a product that we have never supported, now did we place any repeat orders for these frames. Indeed, as a wholly independent legal Corporation, this company has never sold or promoted the DNA. With regards to the riding characteristics of the DNA, it is our opinion (and somewhat contradictory with the catalogue that the previous owners produced in 2005) that this product is aimed at cross-country to all mountain usage, but it is NOT a Freeride bike. We know there are many customers who have enjoyed their DNA, without any issues, for approaching five years now. We therefore have little reason to doubt the inherent structure of the frame, however most of the failure cases we have seen have been due to a heavy, freeride type usage. There afore it is our suggestion that you ensure this bike is used in an “All-Mountain mentality”, and that you avoid fitting Freeride components (such as a Marzocchi 66 for example).

As you are aware, Mountain Cycle are taking it upon ourselves to ensure that all Mountain Cycle owners, including customers of the previous owners, are offered a full and complete support for their bikes. However, do be aware that this product will longer considered for free of charge Warranty exchanges. We offer to all of our customers the opportunity to replace their frames through our 50-50 replacement service. So we would be delighted to support you with a similar product (such as the Fury) but we will not be able to make any further warranty exchanges for the DNA.

Once again, I give you my sincere apologies for the long delay in getting you your replacement frame. I hope that it continues to give you much riding pleasure for the next several years.

As a rider owned company we aim to do the “right thing” for all our customers, new or old. But it is impossible to please everybody all the time, and I am very sorry, both personally, and as the COO of Mountain Cycle, that you have been dissatisfied with our service.

As a gesture of goodwill from my side, I would like to send you one of our Rumble frames, free of charge, as a small compensation for the inconvenience you have suffered. In order to do that, I still need to know which size frame you would want to receive?

If there is ever anything more that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to e-mail or phone me.

However due to your somewhat belligerent manner on this forum I am now going to ask the MTBR moderators to close (not delete) this forum thread, and I want to make it perfectly clear to you Jose that I will not converse with you in public on this matter any further, instead you must e-mail or phone me, as I have already requested.

Lastly, I would like to thank the other Mountain Cycle customers, especially EricMopar, Twisted, MC9.5, Mig Pilot, buckoW, thekiltedskier (and anyone else I’ve forgotten) for their input into this conversation.

Best Regards

Krien Dawson
    [email protected]

-OVER-

Jun 2007

ride hard take risks
    MCis going above and beyond, this is what is called Customer Service, your to good VeloFello.

I have been on the receiving end like you when a supplier passed away and it took 1.5 years to find a new source, retool which also means prototyping sending back across the seas agaaaaaiiiiinnnnn and agggggaaaaiiinnnn. People dont understand what really happens behind the scene and that there is no time to hold just their hand every day their are many fires to put out and the job of a fireman never ends.

Congrats again to every one at MC for going beyond, Ride On.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Dear Krien,

First of all, I thank your and MC efforts to solve this problem.

But I would like to clarify some misconceptions.

-From the first moment i told that was broken frame and swingarm, you can check out the photos I sent you in one of the first emails, and you Krien, said me only had a one of them used.

-As I said, I did not want to buy another frame, I wanted to solve the problem, I told you I did not want to pay anything, if you wanted to give me a Fury instead of DNA seemed to me good. But I cant pay anything

-I didnt know what you were doing the DNA only for me, you said that you had ordered some units to cover some warranty claims. Sorry, maybe we have not understood because of my bad English, I could accept a Fury instead of DNA, but without cost.

-If You have sent me three emails and I have not answered, these emails may not have received, If you wanted to contact me, you have 3 email addresses of mine, my phone number and post mtbr. And today I received all your emails and your responses on mtbr and in your website. If you really wanted to contact me, you could do it.

Also I apologize for several reasons.

-My bad English, this could be the reason why we have not understood at times.

-I also apologize for the harshness with which I have addressed this problem in mtbr, I should have been more polite.

I thank you that you have finally solved the problem, as promised, you have done everything possible to get the DNA.
    Not only that, You also send a rumble without cost, really having trouble reaching a satisfactory solution.

Today i'm very gratefull and happy, finally seems the problem will be solve, and i can say that MC staff give us a good service, sometime makes mistakes like everyone, but as i said i'm very gratefull.

Jose

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I happy for this "happy end" !!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Nov 2008
    18 months IS ridiculous, under ANY circumstance.

Period.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    18 months beats never in my book.

Sweet. No more drama. Now...time to enjoy my glorious warranty-free Zen
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcxu
    18 months beats never in my book.

Sweet. No more drama. Now...time to enjoy my glorious warranty-free Zen
    Yeah, it's like I said before. Jamis never did make me right, with that 04 Dakar XLT. (or my neighbors that bought them.)
    I might add, I never got nasty tempered with them either.
    MC is just a tiny company, dealing with problems created by the previous owners.
    In this case, the problem was mostly miss-marketing the San An DNA by Kinesis.
    It should never have been sold as a freeride bike.
    In all fairness though, freeriding has gone through a lot of changes in the last few years, and the line between freeride and downhill is severely blurred.
    Originally, a freeride bike, was one that can be pedaled up as well as down. Now they have "freeride" bikes, that are 35+ lbs, with single rings. To me, that's a shuttle bike, and shuttle bikes are downhill rigs.

Mountain Cycle Member

I'd say that's a nice package !!
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by cHoc Nr1

I'd say that's a nice package !!
    A box of bubble wrap??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    I'm not certain this thread needs another 2c, but what the heck! its a forum! I have followed this melodrama for the duration and it was always my impression that all of the kicking and screaming did not resolve the issue any faster nor did it aid the impression of a very earnest group of people trying hard to resurrect what is a thoroughly cool brand.
    What everyone here should not forget is that each time you call MC you will speak to a person who, like us, is a bike geek - that type of interaction is golden - every tried calling Trek/GF or Specialized. Each time I contact MC they cut me a deal and take immense interest in finding whatever I need. The opportunity for this sort of interaction is rare and more than justifies continuing to buy MC products. If they ever come out with another Zen, I'll be all over it - despite the fact that mine is running like a swiss watch- but I digress.
    The only satisfaction that any of the forum readers can take from all this is that this insufferable End-er individual is now off into the ether, hopefully never to be heard from again. The rest of us I'm sure will conduct ourselves in a more considered and prudent manner - able to conceive of the notion that the world wasn't fashioned to serve just us.
    No conventional wisdom, just current wisdom. Reinvented knowledge that is seldom relevant as the variable landscape is vast.

ride hard take risks
    ask the MTBR moderators to close (not delete) this forum thread
    Best Regards

Krien Dawson
    [email protected]

-OVER-
    I agree with this statement because warranty issues should be between the customer and the consumer not always in the open public to allow anyone to increase the anxiety for others to voice an opinion where they have no clue to All The Details. Warranty issues can be delicate and should be left between the two. This was not a warranty issue if one read Any manufacture warranty, this situation should be considered a Goodwill Gesture by the new Mtn Cycle who went beyond.
    Formotion Products

Oct 2005
    I don't think you should be constantly fanning flames by giving your two cents and leaving things open to debate, once again. MC has admitted mistakes as well and this was an 18 month wait for the owner due to a multitude of reasons. So let it slide.

mtbr member
    It is pretty cool that endr got a replacement plus a free hardtail. Good job MC.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    I don't know who originally brought this up (and it has nothing to do with the End-er drama), but I think at this point in time, this thread could be closed/deleted for a number of reasons:

1) The MC site is more fully functional now (was not online/updated before)
    2) getsatisfaction.com is the primary (and from a business standpoint, a more formal) means of voicing concerns directly with staff (and the redundant task of checking both places all the time I think is a headache)
    2) a) The format of getsatisfaction is more efficient than a linear thread like this and breaks categories down by models
    3) Some of the posts in the thread (this one included) do not address warranty concerns

my two cents. I just think this is now an obsolete means of addressing warranty issues.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Fully agreed.

The new site is up and has all the info one could want for such things. There is no more reason to continue with this here and if people do, I would suggest they not be surprised if they hear nothing, as it has been made perfectly clear where the channels now are.
    ---

My dot net

Maaaaan
    I'd like to see this thread deleted, and a new sticky with the Get Satisfaction link.

http://getsatisfaction.com/mountaincycle

ride hard take risks
    Just close it, MC has requested this and others agree MTBR is not a warranty resolve forum and should respect the request. Warranty issues should be dealt with in house because of the sometimes delicate situations that can come up. MC should never have requested this to be posted on a forum yet MC was trying to do the right thing with the changing of the guard. mtbr.com should acknowledge this as a mistake and not kick back watching the hit count.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Please!! End the madness Let's close this out....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I would like keep this thread open until i recive that MC said.
    When i recive it, i will post pictures.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Here is the package, a new main frame, siwnarm very used, XXL t-shirt (i use S or M), stickers, poster and socks.

I supose the rumble frame is coming in another shipment.

I would like to keep the thread open until I receive the rumble.

Thanks a lot MC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    more pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Seeing this pics... What can I say?. Is it normal?

Will the other frame (the rigid one) be used "in normal use"?
    Last edited by arturbo; 03-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Jun 2007
    IF you buy a business and state you will "take on" warranty you have agreed to doing this.
    Tough luck if it's too hard. The best solution would be to provide a similar new frame or refund. you can't just "oh well, even though we said we would take them on it's too hard so now we will simply say how nice we are and that we don't have to help".

"One of the responsibilities we took on ourselves was that we had to continue to support you, the current MC rider. Obvious really - we are riders too, and even in this process (of giving you a replacement bike) costs us money... we truly believe that it's an obligation we have to fulfil... and we will, except that:"

You can't have good faith on a name purchase and then root around on this type of problem.

It's a MASSIVE breach of privacy to have ANY personal information posted by a company. Yes, it's not fair that people can talk about you and be nasty. Tough luck. In many counties you get fined for doing this.

Buying from a local dealer is almost always a good thing. Here he would have been able to push for a refund and if there was an issue take action to get a reasonable solution.

"Therefore, and as you are well aware, the DNA frame has been specially made for you, at our cost. We first had to find and repair the original tooling, and then persuade the vendor to make a very small batch of frames (at a great cost)."

Eh? So Instead of giving him a new similar use frame (cheaper option for you) or a refund you paid all that money out JUST for him?
    OR did you HAVE to do this for multiple others and want to present it here like you are doing him some massive favor?
    What you are saying does not make any sort of sense.

Life is hard. If you want to be in business you need to harden up and expect some public airing of issues OR go out of the way to be helpful AND consistent. Not want to back out if it's too hard for you or to take on a customer by airing allegations about behavior.

We had how many guys linked to the company in this thread supporting them?
    4?
    The suggestion this thread is deleted because there is negative (and from what I have seen this is helpful information for anyone looking at dealing with a company) information is telling thing.

This was an easy to resolve situation. You said XX and should have done it without issue.
    Guy should have been offered a new similar use frame or refund back.
    No one forced you to take on the old issues, you wanted to. You stated you were.
    That single point should have been enough for you to realize what needed to be done.
    Lots of fluffing around, DIY pumping up and saying how good you are and then saying how you don't have to do anything (even though you said you were going to) is not a good way to trade.

Negative threads are FAR more informative than glowing reviews. Without knowing how a company deals with issue you have no idea IF they ARE any good. Anyone can be nice if there are no problems.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ash240
    This was an easy to resolve situation. You said XX and should have done it without issue.
    Guy should have been offered a new similar use frame
    They offered he refused.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    They offered he refused.
    FALSE.

I refused pay for a warranty, but i said i could accept a FREE Fury.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I can´t believe that the only solution for a brand as MC is that a final user has to pay a fury frame because they haven´t got a San Andreas available ..

If the End-er frame is covered by guarantee and MC haven´t got any frame for him, they have to find other solution. It can´t be accepted that End-er has to pay to get a guaranteed frame ...

mtbr member
    This is why the thread should have been closed as soon as that box arrived with End-er.

They have found a solution - see the photos of a DNA in a box above!

Put some stickers on it and GO RIDE!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Hey Fools!!

At roughly the same time Ender broke his DNA, so did I.
    We were both offered a GREAT deal through MC’s 50-50 replacement service.
    We both declined (albeit for different reasons).
    I further declined receiving one of the new DNA mainframes….(why bother?)… And no, Ender was not the only one they were made for…
    From day one, I believe MC had my best interests in mind when offering what they could / felt was fair (remember folks, they were not required to do ANYTHING, but chose to do SOMETHING!)
    According to ‘ass’h420 & Ender, MC should have taken the “all or nothing” approach to this problem. That’s a lot of new frames MC would have to dole out Mr 420….
    Why do you feel so strongly ash420? Do you have a crumpled DNA hanging from your garage wall??
    I do, and surprisingly enough, I feel quite content with the level of service I have been provided.
    Nor have I once, bashed MC for not going the extra mile…
    I love how people come out of the woodwork to give such an opinionated rebuttal to something they know little about… Now go play somewhere else….

Maaaaan
    At this point in time, it's obvious that Ender is a crook and scamming.
    He was offered a similar frame a long time ago and refused.
    The bike he wants parts for is no longer in production and those that read the whole thread should know this by now.
    All the companies do this when a frame is no longer available.
    Also, Ender is the only one supposedly victimized by Mountain Cycle.

Others should read the whole thread before commenting on M.C.s warranty policies.
    They will find no more people like Ender, either here or at Getsatisfaction.com.

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril
    I can´t believe that the only solution for a brand as MC is that a final user has to pay a fury frame because they haven´t got a San Andreas available ..

If the End-er frame is covered by guarantee and MC haven´t got any frame for him, they have to find other solution. It can´t be accepted that End-er has to pay to get a guaranteed frame ...
    It happens all the time.
    When I had to warranty a 99 frame through Specialized years ago, the frame I had was no longer in production or available, so Specialized gave me a new 03 Stumpy instead.
    It would be like a car company like Ford, being expected to come up with a 95 Escort for a warranty replacement.

mtbr member
    In End-er's defence it wasn't an issue about receiving a Fury only that it should have been a free replacement (as is the DNA he has received). For whatever reason MC only offered him a 50/50 deal on the Fury frame.
    To me the simplest thing would have been to supply a free Fury and send him on his way a long time ago. It seems as if nothing will make him happy - a "very used swingarm", and a free T-shirt that's too big. Oh and a Rumble frame - wonder what will be wrong with that....

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    For whatever reason MC only offered him a 50/50 deal on the Fury frame.
    To me the simplest thing would have been to supply a free Fury and send him on his way a long time ago. It seems as if nothing will make him happy
    Simple does not necessarily equate to cost effective...
    I would have loved a FREE Fury in exchange.
    To put it ‘simply’ enough, I refused the 50-50 offer, took my lumps, and moved on…. (still without a proper FR bike)…
    Some people are just not capable of accepting that as an answer. MC tried to remedy the problem, period!
    If they did nothing, then there would be reason to complain. We could debate all day long what you or anyone would have done in MC’s shoes to make this go away faster.
    So while we are handing out opinions, here is mine: Ender got what he deserved (XXL shirt and all)… for the way HE handled this situation.
    Both Ender & I shared the same basic scenario but yet the outcome is so vastly different. It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone…

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    It happens all the time.
    When I had to warranty a 99 frame through Specialized years ago, the frame I had was no longer in production or available, so Specialized gave me a new 03 Stumpy instead.
    It would be like a car company like Ford, being expected to come up with a 95 Escort for a warranty replacement.
    Were are talking about MC, about MC promised, not Specialized or Ford, i dont care how is the warranty service in other companies.
    MC said that will make all they can and soon as posible, FALSE.
    MC could fix this problem along time ago, refund me the money or giving me a FREE fury.

The bike he wants parts for is no longer in production and those that read the whole thread should know this by now.

Others should read the whole thread before commenting on M.C.s warranty policies.
    They will find no more people like Ender, either here or at Getsatisfaction.com.
    Please dont lie, ok?? I said the same too much times.

MC dont offer me a similar frame. MC ask me if i want to buy a new frame(fury) with discount, its not the same and ofcourse its not the solution for a warranty claim. And simply, i have no money.

I dont know if i'm the only one "victimized" and i dont care, MC can write here if anything that i said its false, if dont do it...

Others chould read the whole thread, yes, and maybe could read the old post talking about the same??? oh... no, was closed/deleted. (curiosly, in that old thread were more people in the same situation).

However, i'm greatful. I recived part of MC said, now just wait for the rumble. I thing maybe would be better if MC was sent me a free fury 18 months ago.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    Simple does not necessarily equate to cost effective...
    I would have loved a FREE Fury in exchange.
    To put it ‘simply’ enough, I refused the 50-50 offer, took my lumps, and moved on…. (still without a proper FR bike)…
    Some people are just not capable of accepting that as an answer. MC tried to remedy the problem, period!
    If they did nothing, then there would be reason to complain. We could debate all day long what you or anyone would have done in MC’s shoes to make this go away faster.
    So while we are handing out opinions, here is mine: Ender got what he deserved (XXL shirt and all)… for the way HE handled this situation.
    Both Ender & I shared the same basic scenario but yet the outcome is so vastly different. It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone…
    not all the day, just 20 seconds:
    Refund me the money or send me a free fury. Problem fixed all everyone happy.

If you think MC was all correctly in your situation dont make the MC service correct, i respect your decision, and dont debate it but the facts is that MC would fix the problem better and along time ago, now, i only hope recibe the rumble.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

the bloke gets a big box of free stuff and he is still crying like a baby? i dont think he will ever stop!!
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

Maaaaan
    not all the day, just 20 seconds:
    Refund me the money or send me a free fury. Problem fixed all everyone happy.

If you think MC was all correctly in your situation dont make the MC service correct, i respect your decision, and dont debate it but the facts is that MC would fix the problem better and along time ago, now, i only hope recibe the rumble.
    MC did offer you a similar frame, which is the Fury.
    MC was going to make a few DNA warranty replacements, until they found out it would cost something like $80,000 for the tooling. That's too much for a tiny micro builder. Even big corporations won't replace a frame that is out of production, once the spares are gone, they are gone for good. That is why they offer something similar.
    MC isn't the only company to offer a 50-50 replacement.
    Some small builders don't offer a warranty at all.
    MC while under new ownership, is not obliged at all, to honor the old warranty conditions, but did so anyways to the best of their abilities.
    Kinesis was supposed to make spares but did not. That was one of the reasons for the delays and the change to the Fury offer.
    MC did not "lie" to you Ender and you know it.

Like I said many times before, Ender is the only MC customer out of thousands world wide, with these wild claims.

If people want to get pissy with a company in relation to this ongoing saga, get pissed at Kinesis.
    Kinesis didn't come up with the warranty spares.
    Kinesis did the design work.
    Kinesis didn't do adequate long term testing on the DNA.
    Kinesis made the outrageous claims about the DNA's abilities, when it was supposed to be a hardcore trail bike, not a freerider.
    Kinesis was the owner of MC then as well.
    Kinesis also screwed me over, on my 04 Dakar XLT, which they designed and built for Jamis. That bike was a total piece of crap, with cold welds, under sized pivots, and make the customer go away warranty service.
    After admitting to me about the major problems with that year XLT, they never offered me a new frame at all, and quite sending me replacement parts.
    The Jamis Parker is another POS that has similar problems to the Dakars of years past, showing that Kinesis is the root of the problems.
    Last edited by Ericmopar; 03-17-2009 at 11:42 PM.

ride hard take risks
    Were are talking about MC, about MC promised, not Specialized or Ford, i dont care how is the warranty service in other companies.
    MC said that will make all they can and soon as posible, FALSE.
    MC could fix this problem along time ago, refund me the money or giving me a FREE fury.

http://www.mountaincycle.com/support...ty-information

i have no money.

However, i'm greatful. I recived part of MC said, now just wait for the rumble. I thing maybe would be better if MC was sent me a free fury 18 months ago.
    That explains it.

I want it All and I want it now!!!!!
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsanandreas
    the bloke gets a big box of free stuff and he is still crying like a baby? i dont think he will ever stop!!
    please dont spend your time trying provoke me, i have enough education for answer you

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    MC did offer you a similar frame, which is the Fury.
    Again.... FALSE, MC ask me if i want to buy a new frame with discount, its not the same.

MC was going to make a few DNA warranty replacements, until they found out it would cost something like $80,000 for the tooling. That's too much for a tiny micro builder.
    Thats not my problem, form the first moment i would accept refund the money (650$) or free fury.
    Even big corporations won't replace a frame that is out of production, once the spares are gone, they are gone for good. That is why they offer something similar.
    MC isn't the only company to offer a 50-50 replacement.
    Some small builders don't offer a warranty at all.
    Again, its not my problem, i dont care what other companies do, but, you are right usualy if the frame its not in production, the companie repplace it for free new model.(in Europe law Warranty)
    MC while under new ownership, is not obliged at all, to honor the old warranty conditions, but did so anyways to the best of their abilities.
    You are wrong, as i and MC sais, MC had bounght the company with all, thats includes warrantie responsibilities

Kinesis was supposed to make spares but did not. That was one of the reasons for the delays and the change to the Fury offer.
    MC did not "lie" to you Ender and you know it.
    again... MC dont offer me a fury, just ask me if i want to buy a fury with discount, do you understand its not de same??
    I never said MC lie me.

Like I said many times before, Ender is the only MC customer out of thousands world wide, with these wild claims.
    FALSE, there was another old post that was deleted (and you know) where was more people in my situation

If people want to get pissy with a company in relation to this ongoing saga, get pissed at Kinesis.
    Kinesis didn't come up with the warranty spares.
    Kinesis did the design work.
    Kinesis didn't do adequate long term testing on the DNA.
    Kinesis made the outrageous claims about the DNA's abilities, when it was supposed to be a hardcore trail bike, not a freerider.
    Kinesis was the owner of MC then as well.
    And MC now have the responsability to solve all this problems.
    Actual owners thought buy a company a just sale bikes like chewing gum?? I dont think so, as MC said (not me, MC) they have responsabilities with the old clients, and for that reason they works hard to solve my and others problems, i just debate that could do it a long time ago and better.

Kinesis also screwed me over, on my 04 Dakar XLT, which they designed and built for Jamis. That bike was a total piece of crap, with cold welds, under sized pivots, and make the customer go away warranty service.
    After admitting to me about the major problems with that year XLT, they never offered me a new frame at all, and quite sending me replacement parts.
    The Jamis Parker is another POS that has similar problems to the Dakars of years past, showing that Kinesis is the root of the problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    [url]http://www.mountaincycle.com/support/warranty-information[/url
    When my SA broke was this case:

Is your bike OVER 2 Years old?

* YES - Please refer to 50/50
    * NO - OK, now answer the following question truthfully:

Was your bike damaged in an accident?!

* YES - Then it’s not a Warranty. Please see 50/50
    * NO - OK, providing everything is in order, we’ll process your warranty claim.

That explains it.

I want it All and I want it now!!!!!
    Im happy you finally understand.

Lovely song!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    unbelievable

18months and MC send me wrong size.

Maaaaan
    Well...even I have to admit, that is a bit of a problem...

On the other hand, I have to wonder how you broke both the swingarm and frame if it wasn't your fault...
    That's usually the result of a bad landing.

That hadn't occurred to me until recently.

Oct 2005
    That really really sucks. Hope they resolve it.

mtbr member
    I wish someone would send End-er a chainsaw enema.........are we done here ? Is everyone satisfied that this will never end-er ?
    No conventional wisdom, just current wisdom. Reinvented knowledge that is seldom relevant as the variable landscape is vast.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Well...even I have to admit, that is a bit of a problem...

On the other hand, I have to wonder how you broke both the swingarm and frame if it wasn't your fault...
    That's usually the result of a bad landing.

That hadn't occurred to me until recently.
    I have no idea, one day the bike started to make rare sounds "cracks", later, washing it i discover three scraches on frame and one on swingarm i dont think all of them scraches was by one bad landing...and i dont remember any bad landing

If anyone wants pics, i can do it..

Mountain Cycle Member
    Well, let's wait until someone from MC explains, maybe this frame was all that they could get/find/what-ever.

I'm not going to tell what you should have done, that has been told and debated thoughout the whole tread.
    Maybe TS can change the name of this tread, and make a new MC Warranty claims tread......

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker69
    this will never end-er ?

I will keep my opinion to myself....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    And... MC dont answer me, i sent mail and posted here and not answer....

mtbr member
    Probably because they are sick to death of you.
    ---

My dot net

ride hard take risks
    This could be one of the dreaded cases where nothing goes right staring from when the bike was purchased, you should have gone for the other bike on your wish list ender.
    Formotion Products

Mountain Cycle Member
    And... MC dont answer me, i sent mail and posted here and not answer....
    And what do you know..... they answered..... just out of nowhere.....
    Krien Dawson, Official Rep, replied 8 hours ago
    HI Jose

You know what, we screwed up.

When, almost 2 years ago now, we decided to provide a service to existing Mountain Cycle customers by producing one last batch of DNA frames... we knew we would only be making the long.

We knew this as we had rejected the tooling for the medium frames (when we bought the company) as the monocoque shell mold was damaged and unusable.

We never thought this through with regards to asking you, or the half dozen other customers, what their current frame size was.

So solutions, what can we do about this?

From our side, and being very honest with you, there is not a great deal that I can offer you. I know that you waited a long time for this frame (while we had them manufactured, et all...) and that this will only double your frustration...

...But there is absolutely zero possibility that Mountain Cycle can source a short frame. The tooling is gone, we will never again make a frame identical to your old one.

About the only thing I can suggest that you look around (on eBay maybe) and find out if anybody is selling a short frame / wants to swap for a new long frame??

With regards to the Rumble frame that is "missing" I will need to talk to one of my colleagues, and to our shipping company GLS Logistics tomorrow, as I know nothing about this matter.

As far as I'm aware, it shipped at the same time as your mainframe, to the same address. Sadly, we have been having serious problems with this carrier (we are in the process of researching alternatives, but we have a problem of wanting to ship large bulky bike boxes, which many carriers are not very interested in doing...)

In the meantime, please do find your delivery note (the one you signed when the driver delivered the frame) as it will be interesting to see if they have done the "old trick" of changing a '2' to a '1'....

I’m frustrated

mtbr member
    I think it was pointed out to (the)End-er a while back, by myself and others that GetSatisfaction was the place to discuss warranty issues. It's plainly clear on the mc.com and the above reply plainly shows that is where MC staff are looking. To credit to End-er, he actually HAS used the Get Satisfaction forum to continue dialogue and as can be seen, there has been a clear line of communication and explanation on BOTH sides AND I'd like to point out, issues with information provided by End-er himself.

By repeatedly coming back here though and whining just makes it look like End-er is after something else. It's pretty clear to all around here that while not perfect, MC HAS tried to resolve the matter in a reasonable fashion; and before people jump in and throw their somewhat pointless opinions on this matter around, I (and others here) suggest that you real the official dialogue here which paints a far more complete picture of what has transpired. End-er continuing to whine and belly ache beyond the point on MTBR is becoming tiresome. This thread should be closed down now and warranty questions be directed through the correct and OFFICIAL channels.
    Last edited by Mig Pilot; 04-01-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    ---

My dot net

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Krien Dawson, Official Rep, replied 8 hours ago
    HI Jose

You know what, we screwed up.

When, almost 2 years ago now, we decided to provide a service to existing Mountain Cycle customers by producing one last batch of DNA frames... we knew we would only be making the long.

We knew this as we had rejected the tooling for the medium frames (when we bought the company) as the monocoque shell mold was damaged and unusable.

We never thought this through with regards to asking you, or the half dozen other customers, what their current frame size was.

So solutions, what can we do about this?

From our side, and being very honest with you, there is not a great deal that I can offer you. I know that you waited a long time for this frame (while we had them manufactured, et all...) and that this will only double your frustration...

...But there is absolutely zero possibility that Mountain Cycle can source a short frame. The tooling is gone, we will never again make a frame identical to your old one.

About the only thing I can suggest that you look around (on eBay maybe) and find out if anybody is selling a short frame / wants to swap for a new long frame??

With regards to the Rumble frame that is "missing" I will need to talk to one of my colleagues, and to our shipping company GLS Logistics tomorrow, as I know nothing about this matter.

As far as I'm aware, it shipped at the same time as your mainframe, to the same address. Sadly, we have been having serious problems with this carrier (we are in the process of researching alternatives, but we have a problem of wanting to ship large bulky bike boxes, which many carriers are not very interested in doing...)

In the meantime, please do find your delivery note (the one you signed when the driver delivered the frame) as it will be interesting to see if they have done the "old trick" of changing a '2' to a '1'....
    two years, MC sent me a wrong size, and the solution its that i could search somebody who wnats change the frame size....

MC from the first moment knew that the frame was medium size, from the first moment knew that they only can make a new SA size L.

mtbr member
    So you get a frame, made pretty much JUST FOR YOU, a box of stuff AND a brand new Rumble and you STILL whinge? OK, so it's slightly the wrong size, make it work for you or sell it.

Move on and mate, go get a life, really.
    ---

My dot net

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I think it was pointed out to (the)End-er a while back, by myself and others that GetSatisfaction was the place to discuss warranty issues. It's plainly clear on the mc.com and the above reply plainly shows that is where MC staff are looking. To credit to End-er, he actually HAS used the Get Satisfaction forum to continue dialogue and as can be seen, there has been a clear line of communication and explanation on BOTH sides AND I'd like to point out, issues with information provided by End-er himself.

By repeatedly coming back here though and whining just makes it look like End-er is after something else. It's pretty clear to all around here that while not perfect, MC HAS tried to resolve the matter in a reasonable fashion; and before people jump in and throw their somewhat pointless opinions on this matter around, I (and others here) suggest that you real the official dialogue here which paints a far more complete picture of what has transpired. End-er continuing to whine and belly ache beyond the point on MTBR is becoming tiresome. This thread should be closed down now and warranty questions be directed through the correct and OFFICIAL channels.
    Mig Pilot, as you can see, the official channel has references to this forum, if this post is deleted nobody nows we are talking about.

MC opened this post not me.

Its this subforum just for positive opinions about MC?? If you want to delete this post, then delete the subforum and everybody go to "getsatifaction".

This will End-er whe the problem was solved, when i recive the rumble and when MC solve the size problem.

Remembar that with the warranty conditions

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    So you get a frame, made pretty much JUST FOR YOU, a box of stuff AND a brand new Rumble and you STILL whinge? OK, so it's slightly the wrong size, make it work for you or sell it.

Move on and mate, go get a life, really.
    I dont care if was only for me o not, i dont want a a box of free stuff size XXL, i dont need a new rumble. Yes i still whinge, i just want a free medium San Andreas or free medium fury. i just want that the warranty conditios said.

mtbr member
    Booooooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnnnng!
    ---

My dot net

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Booooooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnnnng!
    Easy, dont read.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Jose.

As I have previously said, my reply is on our customer care forum.
    http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc.../dna_warranty2

The key word here is is "valid".
    Thanks Krien, as you see i answered you there, but, i like give my opinion here.

Jun 2007
    Jose.

As I have previously said, my reply is on our customer care forum.
    http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc.../dna_warranty2

The key word here is is "valid".

ride hard take risks
    i just want a free medium San Andreas or free medium fury.
    I'm not going to go digging up a past post but my pea brain remembers some one saying they only wanted the SA frame and nothing else will do.

Look at the bright side you got a 2 year course in English and are writing very well lately, think it's time for that trip to America now.
    Formotion Products

Oct 2005
    I don't think there's anything wrong with posting in both forums. This is a consumer forum, and if MC doesn't want this being used, then they should ask for this forum to be closed. It's informative, and like always, you don't have to read it if it hurts you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I don't think there's anything wrong with posting in both forums. This is a consumer forum, and if MC doesn't want this being used, then they should ask for this forum to be closed. It's informative, and like always, you don't have to read it if it hurts you.
    Yeah, forums are a good source of info.
    ¿How good are you at Spanish, JC?
    http://www.foromtb.com/f36/un-minuto...as-213816.html

Oct 2005
    Not good at all anymore.

Mountain Cycle Member
    It did take you a good 2 weeks to notice that the frame was the wrong size.......

Also MC have thoughout this tread told you (and alas everyone who reads this tread) several times they are only making one batch of extra frames, and then quit doing more for their customers that will receive the DNA.
    So if it breaks again, though luck. And as Velovello has said, they were unable to make an other size than the Large one, so getting an size M frame isn't going to happen.

Now that you have received what you wanted (alas, not the correct size) you should now cut you're losses, and do whatever you want to do with it, sell it, try to change parts via Ebay or the likes, buy a shorter stem, grow longer.

Think about it, further b****ing and moaning isn't going to help anymore......

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fcojavier
    I used the San Andreas for de use that MC said. I'm not the guilty if the design was bad.

And as everybody can see, there is a contact for buy directly without dealer (MC sais the warranty its not valid for this reason) and online shop ([email protected])
    Last edited by End-er; 04-03-2009 at 05:09 AM.

mtbr member
    For those not following on the Get Satisfaction forum, this was posted by Krien a day ago in regards to this issue:

Jose,

I am at point where I'm going to risk saying something that I might regret later, as the entire Mountain Cycle team is deeply committed to looking after our customers. But there is a limit to how far we can go...

If this means that we lose you as a customer of ours, then I am deeply sorry for that.

But we have rules that we must apply, and you have been well aware since the very beginning that you did not have a valid warranty claim.

We made you well aware that it was Mountain Cycle that (on Moral, not legal grounds) wanted to help you get back onto your much loved DNA.

We have now done everything we can for you, up to and including fabricating a brand new frame. You have been offered to have a Fury as a replacement under the 50-50 scheme. We have made mistakes and been late delivering (because our supplier was late delivering to us) and we have tested your patience, yes.

But you also tested ours, with repeated, often contradictory, and always inflammatory comments on the forums. With your constant attitude that you are "right" and that we have been trying to "cheat" you.

I know that I could end this "situation" by sending you a new Fury frame (worth about 1000 Euro), but honestly Jose, why should I?

What message would that send to the other loyal Mountains Customers, who understand that the policy is fair (one of the most honourable warranty policies in the entire bicycle industry, if I say so myself).

Is it fair to our other customers that we would be "paying you off"?

You are not been fair to us, you have constantly acted in a negative manner, and I have no wish to continue spending time trying to make you happy, when all you do is then throw it back in our faces.

Because we're always honest with our customers, I can and will finish this very long discussion between Mountain Cycle and yourself, with this simple suggestion to you:

If you truly believe that you have a valid warranty claim, then collect together all of the documentation that you have that you believe "proves" your claim, and go and see a lawyer.

If the courts did somehow end up agreeing with you (which I believe will not be the case, as I have looked at your file and you do not have a valid warranty claim) then Mountain Cycle will be legally obliged to comply with the court order.

sad I’m sorry it comes to this, but nothing more can be done.
    ---

My dot net

ride hard take risks
    For those not following on the Get Satisfaction forum, this was posted by Krien a day ago in regards to this issue:
    Hopefully MC will wright the warranty up so it is more obvious for people reading what they need to understand. MC was trying to be the cool guy but as many situations prove in this day and age is the wrong way to go. Many customers will play the system on it's words twisting it in many directions to fit their needs. This tactic is what screws it up for the real customers out their unfortunately. My suggestion to MC is to work on what is call a Good Will Gesture for possible problems with a out dated or even current model warrant situation. Wording needs to be unfortunately Jerk like to the customer, they understand this and will help minimise BS warranty issues.

I dont ride a MC but have been in the moto industry since '79 and have butted heads with many a manufacture to support a customer. I have also had the manufacture behind me in support helping ward off bogus customers.
    Formotion Products

Jun 2007
    DogonFR, Sadly you are right, and yes, we've tightened up on our 'generosity' after learning several lessons from this case.

We DO support our customers in every way we can, but 'No, it's not a warranty' means exactly that - and is something we are having to be tough on.

Being really honest, we get a very very low % of issues, our production standards are amongst the best in the industry (our frame factories tell us we're one of their most demanding customers...) and that = fewer breakages.

But even the best product can come to the end of it's useful life (and despite the old "JRA" excuse, we know our products get ridden hard - as they should) so we have a solution for our customers who find themselves with a broken Mountain Cycle:

We can offer existing customers something we call 50-50, which means we'll replace your old frame, with a new one of your choice, at 50% of the MSRP (this includes any sales tax, but not shipping)

We feel it's the fairest way of resolving the 'situation', and we just ask that people mail [email protected] with their photos, a valid proof of ownership and we'll help you out.

Mountain Cycle Member
    I used the San Andreas for de use that MC said. I'm not the guilty if the design was bad.

And as everybody can see, there is a contact for buy directly without dealer (MC sais the warranty its not valid for this reason) and online shop ([email protected])
    Velovello has said this about the DNA on Getsatisfactory, as you are well aware......

In the case of the DNA, we wish to make it perfectly clear that this is a product that we have never supported, now did we place any repeat orders for these frames. Indeed, as a wholly independent legal Corporation, this company has never sold or promoted the DNA. With regards to the riding characteristics of the DNA, it is our opinion (and somewhat contradictory with the catalogue that the previous owners produced in 2005) that this product is aimed at cross-country to all mountain usage, but it is NOT a Freeride bike. We know there are many customers who have enjoyed their DNA, without any issues, for approaching five years now. We therefore have little reason to doubt the inherent structure of the frame, however most of the failure cases we have seen have been due to a heavy, freeride type usage. There afore it is our suggestion that you ensure this bike is used in an “All-Mountain mentality”, and that you avoid fitting Freeride components (such as a Marzocchi 66 for example)

Reading this makes me wonder also about you're posting made here, and the question arose, what was you're concern about fitting a 66 in you're DNA then??
    Taking in account the warning given by Twisted in 2006 here about not fitting a dual crown in either SA. Althow a 66 is not an dual crown, but it does give off a sort of safety warning about the use intended for such a frame....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    DogonFR, Sadly you are right, and yes, we've tightened up on our 'generosity' after learning several lessons from this case.

We DO support our customers in every way we can, but 'No, it's not a warranty' means exactly that - and is something we are having to be tough on.

Being really honest, we get a very very low % of issues, our production standards are amongst the best in the industry (our frame factories tell us we're one of their most demanding customers...) and that = fewer breakages.

But even the best product can come to the end of it's useful life (and despite the old "JRA" excuse, we know our products get ridden hard - as they should) so we have a solution for our customers who find themselves with a broken Mountain Cycle:

We can offer existing customers something we call 50-50, which means we'll replace your old frame, with a new one of your choice, at 50% of the MSRP (this includes any sales tax, but not shipping)

We feel it's the fairest way of resolving the 'situation', and we just ask that people mail [email protected] with their photos, a valid proof of ownership and we'll help you out.

* NO - OK, now answer the following question truthfully

Last edited by End-er; 04-04-2009 at 09:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Velovello has said this about the DNA on Getsatisfactory, as you are well aware......
    I dint buy my SA to Krien, i bought it to Kinessis, when kinessis sais was valid for all mountain, free and DH.
    My SA broken before Krien said that

Reading this makes me wonder also about you're posting made here, and the question arose, what was you're concern about fitting a 66 in you're DNA then??
    Taking in account the warning given by Twisted in 2006 here about not fitting a dual crown in either SA. Althow a 66 is not an dual crown, but it does give off a sort of safety warning about the use intended for such a frame....
    Your are right about that, at frist time a thought in fitting 66 in the DNA, but as you can see y never did it.
    My San Andreas never had a 66 or doble crown and i used as MC said when i bought it.

And my situation is this:

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Why you dont copy my answer?? you dont like??

No problem, here is it:

Hello Krien,

First of all, I thank your efforts and patience, but I see the patient are finished.

Can you tell me why I have no right to claim the warranty?
    When I buught my SA, I contacted the MC website and the contact sold me the SA. Two years before the frame broke.

A fury that is not worth 1000€ is the retail price, not what he is costing you.
    But surely it is less money than what it cost to make the SA+ rumble? So why not offer me a free fury?

I will not go to a lawyer, because it costs more than I can win, why is the solution that you give me, because you know that is not profitable, not what am I going to do.

You are not losing a customer, you are losing many international customers.

Your solution its that i can find someone to change the frame?? Waht kind of solution is it?

ride hard take risks
    Why you dont copy my answer?? you dont like??

No problem, here is it:
    Their is a worn out statement that the customer is always right and do what ever it takes to please them because loosing one customer can be equal to loosing many. Their comes a time when the manufacture has to say no more and cut it's ties. The loss at this point is less than any plus for the manufacture. At this point they have lost so much in time and material over one item for one person they are probibally alcoholics by now.

The people considering buying from MC that read this post from top to bottom will most likely buy from them. The people that rush through and read the harsh words of reality may not buy from MC. The new MC went way beyond to resolve this problem but hit a steel wall that didnt budge, lucky for them they have found the rubber suit to rebound from this.

You guys an gals rock at MC, keep up the hard work cheers I'll have a few beers for you this after noon.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Their is a worn out statement that the customer is always right and do what ever it takes to please them because loosing one customer can be equal to loosing many. Their comes a time when the manufacture has to say no more and cut it's ties. The loss at this point is less than any plus for the manufacture. At this point they have lost so much in time and material over one item for one person they are probibally alcoholics by now.

The people considering buying from MC that read this post from top to bottom will most likely buy from them. The people that rush through and read the harsh words of reality may not buy from MC. The new MC went way beyond to resolve this problem but hit a steel wall that didnt budge, lucky for them they have found the rubber suit to rebound from this.

You guys an gals rock at MC, keep up the hard work cheers I'll have a few beers for you this after noon.
    Talking about alcoholics... have you drink something??

Two years waiting for a new frame and swinarm, and now i have, XXL shirt (perfect for cover my car), XXL socks (perfet for.... i dont know), a new frame size L that i cant use, and swinarm with more use than hippy motorbike.

And i hope recive the rumble, maybe selling all i can recover some money.

Yes, selling, because, i cant use the frame L size and i dont need a rigid bike.

If MC was resolved this problem, now i was enjoying a free all mountain full suspension bike by MC without wait two years.

mtbr member
    F#ck me. Send ME the new front end, used swingarm, the subframe from the "faulty" DNA, the XXL everything, the Rumble and I will buy you a bloody Medium Fury myself.

Seriously, I've had enough of it all. You realise you can shorten the top tube by tilting the subframe forward and also fitting a shorter stem?

Gus.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    F#ck me. Send ME the new front end, used swingarm, the subframe from the "faulty" DNA, the XXL everything, the Rumble and I will buy you a bloody Medium Fury myself.

Seriously, I've had enough of it all. You realise you can shorten the top tube by tilting the subframe forward and also fitting a shorter stem?

Gus.
    I did it with the MEDIUM SIZE, but, how to change the weel base? and how to move de BB position?

Seriously, actually, i have a Long frame that i cant use and i have not recibe de rumble.

ride hard take risks
    Talking about alcoholics... have you drink something??
    Yes every day

What are you riding now??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes every day

What are you riding now??

Mondraker prayer air

ride hard take risks
    Mondraker prayer air
    Sweet lookin bike nice FSR 4 bar design. Does that FSR BoB allot when hammering or does the air shock handle that.

http://www.mondraker.com/09/eng/bikes/Prayer-Air/36-2
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Sorry dongofr, i would like keep this post for MC warranty ok?

I answer you by mp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

And I am not guilty if the information that you and your friends provided in the thread I posted bothers you.
    It´s your fault, not mine.

Maaaaan
    Interesting, that Mondraker looks like a Specialized Pitch.
    I like the idea of the Hammerschmidt but after picking one up at a local bike shop, I couldn't believe how heavy they are. My 04 LX three ringer is much lighter.

I'm still suspicious of the dual breakage of swingarm and frame. That implies something happened.
    Also, no frame maker in the world, would retool for one customer. They wouldn't retool for any bike out of production.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Interesting, that Mondraker looks like a Specialized Pitch.
    I like the idea of the Hammerschmidt but after picking one up at a local bike shop, I couldn't believe how heavy they are. My 04 LX three ringer is much lighter.

I'm still suspicious of the dual breakage of swingarm and frame. That implies something happened.
    Also, no frame maker in the world, would retool for one customer. They wouldn't retool for any bike out of production.

trying to close the tread?? Its MC warranty thread. OK?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    trying to close the tread?? Its MC warranty thread. OK?

Ender, derailling is not closing...sure it is good to keep the thread on track, but one or 2 derailled posts are not a big deal....

Mountain Cycle Member
    I dint buy my SA to Krien, i bought it to Kinessis, when kinessis sais was valid for all mountain, free and DH.
    My SA broken before Krien said that
    Well, we (hopefully) all know now that what Kinesis said about the DNA was wrong.
    But if you want to persist in keeping the statement that what Kinesis said about the frame, and that it was right, maybe you should contact Kinesis for you're warranty.
    Maybe they can help you with a medium DNA.......

Oct 2005
    I was reading two threads at the same time and accidentally posted this over there, in response to the pic of a Cube being posted:

Cube gets really good press out here, but the problem is they can sometimes be very hard to get and you get put on a waiting list. After some time, they might inform the dealer that the run is over and can't produce more.

I would take a serious look at a Lapierre. TBH, and I know I'll get flack here, the MC design you're after isn't the greatest and bikes have come a long way since it, especially since they downgraded the usage range significantly to the point where it doesn't match the travel. I mean, what are you supposed to do with 150mm?

So it's a "classic" design, like the Heckler, Superlight, etc. In that respect, I'd take what they gave you, mess ups and all, and get yourself the hell away from this company. On the other hand, you could sue them, like they asked, as lawyers don't really cost that much in Europe, and take them to task on the strict consumer rights laws, out of principle. The most you'll come out of it is probably a return of what they gave you now, and then a payoff to buy you out of your MC, plus your attorney's fees and associated expenses.

However, I'd just sell the frame, and then if you're sold on that, get a Heckler or a Bullitt, or go with something entirely different, like a Lapierre.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Well, we (hopefully) all know now that what Kinesis said about the DNA was wrong.
    But if you want to persist in keeping the statement that what Kinesis said about the frame, and that it was right, maybe you should contact Kinesis for you're warranty.
    Maybe they can help you with a medium DNA.......
    Maybe you forgot that a said 30 times.... MC was bought by others guys, Krien, Jhon...? And they bought the company and the responsabilities with the customers.

Ist posible you think that actually MC can say not to all warranties from the old owners sales?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Ender, derailling is not closing...sure it is good to keep the thread on track, but one or 2 derailled posts are not a big deal....
    Im sorry but i dont know how this forum laws are used to close threads, there was another thread where we are diccusing the same that here(MC warranty claims) and was deleted for "strange" reasons.

Maybe you forgot that a said 30 times.... MC was bought by others guys, Krien, Jhon...? And they bought the company and the responsabilities with the customers.

Ist posible you think that actually MC can say not to all warranties from the old owners sales?
    The guys from MC would have to say under what terms it was done....but maybe it was only the brand that changed hands (and since they are not the same company, they don't "inherit the responsibilities). As it appears in this case, it can be that (the current) MC supports the previously sold frames in order to keep the brand's good name, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are legally obliged to (as has been stated already in this same thread).

Im sorry but i dont know how this forum laws are used to close threads, there was another thread where we are diccusing the same that here(MC warranty claims) and was deleted for "strange" reasons.

I just looked at the history..it wasn't closed for "strange reasons", it was closed because a new thread (this one) was open to handle the warranty issues and because that thread turned into a rant against a guy that didn't even work for MC anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The guys from MC would have to say under what terms it was done....but maybe it was only the brand that changed hands (and since they are not the same company, they don't "inherit the responsibilities). As it appears in this case, it can be that (the current) MC supports the previously sold frames in order to keep the brand's good name, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are legally obliged to (as has been stated already in this same thread).
    three words: European warranty law.

Any manufacturer that closed must maintain the warranty terms and have stock componets during at least 2 years.

Can you imagine that now all saab cars loose the warranty???

Of course, if the company only change their owners, they must respect the warranty contract. Remenber that warranty its a contract between buyer and seller, and a contract cant be broken for one of both sides.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I just looked at the history..it wasn't closed for "strange reasons", it was closed because a new thread (this one) was open to handle the warranty issues and because that thread turned into a rant against a guy that didn't even work for MC anymore.
    Nice!! Could you give us the link? In this way everybody could give opinion about.

Its strange, the old post was closed(and deleted? i cant find it) when i begin to be angry and this one tehre was some people that required to closed too. Seems that in MC forum dosent accept bad opinions...

Nice!! Could you give us the link? In this way everybody could give opinion about.

Its strange, the old post was closed(and deleted? i cant find it) when i begin to be angry and this one tehre was some people that required to closed too. Seems that in MC forum dosent accept bad opinions...
    there are no "bad opinions", just opinions

I can't restore the thread, as I wasn't the one that took it down. However I can request if it can be.

The point is that the reason why it was taken down was because of the direction it took, not because of the warranty issue, this thread is actually the result that thread: directing the warranty issues to the parties that represent MC.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    there are no "bad opinions", just opinions

I can't restore the thread, as I wasn't the one that took it down. However I can request if it can be.

The point is that the reason why it was taken down was because of the direction it took, not because of the warranty issue, this thread is actually the result that thread: directing the warranty issues to the parties that represent MC.
    Yes, but there are objetive and sujetive opinions, and i would like the people have objetive opinions reading the old post, if you cant restore it, then maybe we must left to talk about it, because you can read it but anyone can.

Dont try it, gregg dont will restore it, gregg closed and deleted it for a favor to Tim.
    Last edited by End-er; 04-05-2009 at 12:36 PM.

ride hard take risks
    How was the original warranty written by MC before the change of hands?
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Im trying get this info from official site, but i have a mail from seller talking about 2 years.

ride hard take risks
    Im trying get this info from official site, but i have a mail from seller talking about 2 years.
    Who was the seller?
    Formotion Products

mtbr member

The derailleur

Its an interesting question isn't it - what makes a design modern or better performing. A great deal of all marketing is based on us (the consumers) believing that whatever is new is inherently better - the belief that the deficiencies with the old design are known and it is unlikely that the company will make those mistakes again - this new model is bound to solve all those ills. However, with the rush to produce new models each and every year, the new model was off of the design table around the time that the old was released so the feedback loop is broken. I much prefer the idea of gradual evolution. Establish a design that works well - respond to your customers suggestions - make your product better every other year. I think full -suspension design claims are the most extreme example of marketing jingoism, strangely with every camp chanting the same slogan, "zero pedal bob, no brake jack, taught yet compliant suspension", and lets not forget the highly cliched "climbs like a goat" (forgetting the fact that goats climb very well but typically in a quite slow and careful manner). I'm not pretending that I'm above any of this, I've owned and sold six bikes in the last 24 months - all radically different and pretty much the same. I guess I've settled for the time being on the notion that owning a bike for for a few years will probably make me a better rider than asking someone else to define my riding nirvana for cash, and I'll be true to this notion until some advertisement says that external butting is back and that internal bottom bracket bearings are all the rage and that non-tapered handlebars are now the fashion and that tubes are back in style and that 26 inch wheels are the best after all or that carbon is now almost as good as aluminum but really you shouldn't be seen on anything less than depleted uranium...........and so on. Hedonists of the world unite! for we are all mountain bikers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Who was the seller?
    Mountain Cycle

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Anyway, my SA was broken before one year of use.

ride hard take risks
    Mountain Cycle
    So you ordered direct from Mountain Cycles and they sent it straight to your door.

It still depends on how the original warranty was written.
    Formotion Products

Maaaaan
    That business about European warranty law isn't quite applicable, I don't think.
    We have a similar law in the US about the auto makers having to supply parts for 7 years after a model is discontinued or the maker goes out of business, but it doesn't apply to bikes.
    Even under the current warranty with MC, End-er has to prove it is a manufacturing defect not an accident (or abusive riding) to avoid the 50/50 replacement policy.
    Am I the only one that is suspicious of a broken swingarm and frame?
    Of the other DNA failures, I've never seen photos of or even heard of a double break.
    In the worst case photo of a collapsed DNA that I've seen, the rider had posted pictures of himself doing 8 - 10ft drops.
    It does say "freeride" and "downhill" on that old MC web page.
    It goes without saying though, that a bike suitable for "XC" and "all mountain" isn't meant to be used as a full blown freerider. The red bar doesn't take up the entire downhill category, that means it can do some light downhill, but isn't meant to be a full blown downhill bike.
    MC's only mistake back then, was that the "all mountain" category is the only one that should have been marked off. That by definition includes light downhill (super D), light freeride, XC. It means that it isn't hard core in anything, but can do a little bit of everything. Hence "all mountain" .
    If we get too many persons like End-er in the industry as customers, we won't have anymore all around bikes like the Fury, because everything will have to be very narrowly labeled for the butt heads out there to protect the manufacturers from unreasonable warranty claims.
    We'll have trail bikes built like Shockwaves or XC only bikes, so there is no arguing the middle ground.

I now understand why some companies say "no jumping" on longer travel bikes. It's so they have an out, even if the bike was intended for some fun hardcore riding. They usually replace the bike anyways, but it protects them from people that jump off of roofs and cliffs. (among other things)

mtbr member
    I somehow missed that it was a double break. That reeks of suspicious behaviour. I can understand a fault in one or the other but for both to let go is mighty suspicious. Anyway, considering his abhorrent behaviour I am very much getting the feeling something rather stupid was done to the bike in the thought that it would be replaced no problem.

As far as the rest goes, it's a closed case now. MC has said they are no longer dealing with this situation and that's that.
    ---

My dot net

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I can translate??

Quote Originally Posted by fcojavier

I translated this site: http://www.foromtb.com/f36/un-minuto...as-213816.html
    with Babel Fish and found some interesting comments made by Ender… Although there is some lost in translation, I think we can get the picture. Here are a few quotes about how he was JRA……….

“This is the result of little but of a year, of enduro-hard, cut, some races of reduction, planazos, some bikepark…”

“it had a short but intense life”

“Any moment it is good to take off the wheels of the ground”

“To see now if the guarantee porthole that is bought in the USA and there only is guarantee of 1 year and this it is a year old and a month approximately”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7JvlEG_Qk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NnAMSPdPSo

BTW... nice drop to flat.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I thought you said...

“To see now if the guarantee porthole that is bought in the USA and there only is guarantee of 1 year and this it is a year old and a month approximately”

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've never seen photos of or even heard of a double break.
    In the worst case photo of a collapsed DNA that I've seen, the rider had posted pictures of himself doing 8 - 10ft drops.
    I know what it takes to break one... Not even I broke both ends

Maaaaan
    Good detective work MC9.5 !

I'm going to send a link to Krien...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    So you ordered direct from Mountain Cycles and they sent it straight to your door.
    Yes, MC didnt have dealer on Spain.

It still depends on how the original warranty was written.
    Os course, depends of all you want, any reason its valid for some people.

One or two years, its the same, my S.A was broken before one year of use.
    Last edited by End-er; 04-06-2009 at 12:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That business about European warranty law isn't quite applicable, I don't think.
    We have a similar law in the US about the auto makers having to supply parts for 7 years after a model is discontinued or the maker goes out of business, but it doesn't apply to bikes.
    Even under the current warranty with MC, End-er has to prove it is a manufacturing defect not an accident (or abusive riding) to avoid the 50/50 replacement policy.
    Am I the only one that is suspicious of a broken swingarm and frame?
    Of the other DNA failures, I've never seen photos of or even heard of a double break.
    It does say "freeride" and "downhill" on that old MC web page.
    It goes without saying though, that a bike suitable for "XC" and "all mountain" isn't meant to be used as a full blown freerider. The red bar doesn't take up the entire downhill category, that means it can do some light downhill, but isn't meant to be a full blown downhill bike.
    Dont be a lier.... you have seen a lot of similar pics in this forum, look that one with doble crown:

Not full blown DH, thats right, for that reason i never used it with more than marzocchi all mountain 2. What kind of extreme free or full DH could anyone do with all mountain 2????? Are you crazy?? 10ft??!!!! hahahaha

MC's only mistake back then, was that the "all mountain" category is the only one that should have been marked off. That by definition includes light downhill (super D), light freeride, XC. It means that it isn't hard core in anything, but can do a little bit of everything. Hence "all mountain" .
    Wow!! now you interpret the category definiton as you want?? It hasnt posible disccusion, the category was defined for MC, if it was and error its not my responsability.

If we get too many persons like End-er in the industry as customers, we won't have anymore all around bikes like the Fury, because everything will have to be very narrowly labeled for the butt heads out there to protect the manufacturers from unreasonable warranty claims.
    Im krien words, the fury its really more strong than SA.

We'll have trail bikes built like Shockwaves or XC only bikes, so there is no arguing the middle ground.

I now understand why some companies say "no jumping" on longer travel bikes. It's so they have an out, even if the bike was intended for some fun hardcore riding. They usually replace the bike anyways, but it protects them from people that jump off of roofs and cliffs. (among other things)
    Last edited by End-er; 04-06-2009 at 12:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I somehow missed that it was a double break. That reeks of suspicious behaviour. I can understand a fault in one or the other but for both to let go is mighty suspicious. Anyway, considering his abhorrent behaviour I am very much getting the feeling something rather stupid was done to the bike in the thought that it would be replaced no problem.

As far as the rest goes, it's a closed case now. MC has said they are no longer dealing with this situation and that's that.
    Not doble!! 3x.... not, 4X yes!!!!! 3 scraches on main frame and one on swinarm, if anyone is happy thinking that i drop the bike under the train for me its ok, but thet facts was i used the bike like MC sais and it was broken before one year of use, i have the mails for demostrate this.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    one year and one month from date of bought, but the warranty begin to count when i recive the bike. Was a initial error from me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good detective work MC9.5 !

I'm going to send a link to Krien...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    We can spend our time discussing but belive me, i have ALL THE EMAILS, the mails for buy it, and the mail where MC send me the warranty conditios that wants to aply. And with this conditions (or old conditions too) MC have to send me a free new SA or equivalen two years ago. Now we know that MC will not change the frame Long size for de medium. And now i'm waiting for the rumble for finish this disccusion.
    Last edited by End-er; 04-06-2009 at 01:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Dont be a lier.... you have seen a lot of similar pics in this forum, look that one with doble crown:
    Who lied? I have CLEARLY stated from day one how I used that bike. I have posted pictures for all to see... I for one have been very honest and never tried to say I was just riding along...
    For the record: I never crashed that bike!! Not once!! You do not need to crash to break something Ender.

With that said, MC has treated my warranty claim in a very professional manner and has gone above and beyond what was required of them to make me happy.

I think it is time for Ender to grow up, take some responsibility for his actions and quit crying that he is a victim.

Oct 2005
    What do you base that on? The bike industry is not special in the EU. The laws are strict and responsibilities are bought with companies to avoid such things as what happens in the US where a company just simply "goes out of business" and sells to a friend, spouse, or relative to escape financial and support obligations.

Also, on another note, Saleen sold his company, and the new company isn't honoring warranties. His current company has pledged to honor the old warranties, even though it's not the same company.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Who lied? I have CLEARLY stated from day one how I used that bike. I have posted pictures for all to see... I for one have been very honest and never tried to say I was just riding along...
    For the record: I never crashed that bike!! Not once!! You do not need to crash to break something Ender.

With that said, MC has treated my warranty claim in a very professional manner and has gone above and beyond what was required of them to make me happy.

I think it is time for Ender to grow up, take some responsibility for his actions and quit crying that he is a victim.
    Eric lied, thats he said:
    Thats a lie, because you have seen pics like that which demostrate a use more hard and with doble crown

Repeat, my case is into all warranty conditions and y used the SA for the use that MC said. if anyone its not agree i dont care. I have emails for demostrate all, you only can give subjetive opinions.
    Last edited by End-er; 04-06-2009 at 06:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You lied, thats you said:

Thats a lie, because you have seen pics like that which demostrate a use more hard and with doble crown

Repeat, my case is into all warranty conditions and y used the SA for the use that MC said. if anyone its not agree i dont care. I have emails for demostrate all, you only can give subjetive opinions.

Listen up fool...

I am the one in that picture. When I posted those pictures I believe I said "I would not consider any serious FR on the DNA or Sin. I would wait and see what's coming out. *hint 7 rides like this.........." .

If you read the damn post you would have figured it out Ender...

Ericmopar said "In the worst case photo of a collapsed DNA that I've seen, the rider had posted pictures of himself doing 8 - 10ft drops. "

I have yet to see anyone abuse a DNA more than I have... How you ended up with 4 cracks in different places and have no idea how it happened is beyond me....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Listen up fool...

I am the one in that picture. When I posted those pictures I believe I said "I would not consider any serious FR on the DNA or Sin. I would wait and see what's coming out. *hint 7 rides like this.........." .

If you read the damn post you would have figured it out Ender...

Ericmopar said "In the worst case photo of a collapsed DNA that I've seen, the rider had posted pictures of himself doing 8 - 10ft drops. "

I have yet to see anyone abuse a DNA more than I have... How you ended up with 4 cracks in different places and have no idea how it happened is beyond me....

sorry i only can read until "...fool", i dont need spend my time with insults. just edit, and i will answer you.

PD: Im sorry for cofuse you and Eric, its edited.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    sorry i only can read until "...fool", i dont need spend my time with insults. just edit, and i will answer you.

PD: Im sorry for cofuse you and Eric, its edited.
    Not going to edit... You 'confuse' me with Eric (not so bad) and then call me a Liar (very bad). So now that we are done insulting one another...... let's hear it...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Not going to edit... You 'confuse' me with Eric (not so bad) and then call me a Liar (very bad). So now that we are done insulting one another...... let's hear it...
    I call liar to Eric no to you, sorry for the mistake.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    What do you base that on? The bike industry is not special in the EU. The laws are strict and responsibilities are bought with companies to avoid such things as what happens in the US where a company just simply "goes out of business" and sells to a friend, spouse, or relative to escape financial and support obligations.

Also, on another note, Saleen sold his company, and the new company isn't honoring warranties. His current company has pledged to honor the old warranties, even though it's not the same company.
    But the frame was purchased in the USA, aren´t local (USA) laws applied?

Oct 2005
    Is that what happened?

I'm not speaking of this case. I'm only speaking in general, in response to a general assumption of consumer protection laws.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    ahhggg!! the only laws valid its the mail with the warranty conditions to aply that MC sent me when i broke the frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Is that what happened?

I'm not speaking of this case. I'm only speaking in general, in response to a general assumption of consumer protection laws.
    I think so, but not sure at all. The facts here are not very clear to say the least.
    See your point, I´m also here JRA in the thread, so to speak...

mtbr member
    Sep 2000
    Alright, this thread is done. Probably more than done.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Members who have read this thread: 0