Yet Another Pro SL 29er Review- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Yet Another Pro SL 29er Review

I have been in the market for a 29er since I sold my Spesh FSR Comp FS a few months ago. I kept looking at the BD site and comparing to other bikes in shops around my area. I was about to buy a friend's X-Caliber as he was upgrading to a Niner. He went for a ride the weekend before I was going to buy it and broke the frame and a new replacement was going to take a while according to him. I found this Pro SL on Craigslist about 1.5 hours away and worked a deal with the owner (great guy but a roadie so no interest in MB). I put my Time ATAC pedals on and took it for a short ride tonight. At first, I was not sure I had made the right move, but as I got more accustomed to it-WOW! I love this thing. I wouldn't care if it said KMart Blue Lite Special on it. It's a blast to ride. The 29 thing is the real deal. I felt as comfortable on it as I did on my FS 26er. I was thinking the crank might be weak, but it seems fine. I plan to take it to Oak Mtn this weekend for a better test this weekend. Pics to come. I also think it's MUCH better looking in real life. Very happy with my decision so far.

S*it Happens!
    Congrats!
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I did my first real ride at Oak Mountain in Birmingham/Pelham on Saturday. Bike did great, unfortunately I busted myself up pretty bad. The bike only sustained a minor injury in that the Pop Lock snapped off. I feel like I'm learning to ride all over again. I do like the bike very much, although I felt slow on it. I hear that's not an uncommon feeling, though, and that lap times are fast. Next accessory is a new computer. Recommendations for a computer are appreciated.

This little girl walked up on me as I was shaking off a fuzzy head after my spill.

Members who have read this thread: 0