Windsor Cliff 29 Pro vs Moto Fantom 29 Elite- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Windsor Cliff 29 Pro vs Moto Fantom 29 Elite

I just saw bikesdirect posted the new Windsor 29 pro. What is the difference between that and the motobecane? As far as I can tell just the frame.

DynoDon
    brakes, cranks, rims, tires, chain, there are many differences..

mtbr member
    I have the 2009 Cliff and it has been a great bike. Of the two bikes mentioned I think the main differences are:

Brakes - Cliff/Elixir5 Moto/Elixir3
    Rotors - Cliff/160mm Moto/185mm
    Tires - Cliff/Mtn Kings 2.2" Moto/WTB Nano 2.1"
    Pedals - Cliff/X-pedo Moto/generic platform

I like the frame design on the Moto better, but for the extra money I don't see what parts are better. If anything the Cliff has better parts AND is cheaper. The brakes on mine are Juicy 5's using 160mm rotors and they stop just fine even on long descents and steep downhill sections. I'd much rather have the Mountain Kings on the Cliff as well. The Nanos pattern are more for bike path, gravel road, or racing. Aside from quick wear, the Mtn Kings are great tires for this bike. Another big one for me would be the inclusion of clipless pedals with the Cliff, whereas you get some generic platforms on the Moto. I've used the XPedo clipless pedals for about 6 months now and they still work fine, probably equivalent to a Shiamano PDM520 (deore) clipless pedal and they retail for about $50.

Best bang for the buck is the Cliff, hands down.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    I own a Fantom Elite and agree that the Windsor is the better equipped bike especially at the current prices but I also think the Windsor frame is pretty ugly. Moot point if you are buying the bike for the parts.
    The Good Times are Killing me

Members who have read this thread: 0