Will a moto fantom 29er do well with drops...- Mtbr.com
    knock-knock...

Will a moto fantom 29er do well with drops...

Will a moto fantom 29er do well with drops and some mild jumping? I really like the 29er idea, but im on a pretty limited budget, so it seems like a good fit. Will it take the abuse of some 5-8 foot drops or am i wasting my money with this? Im also looking at some iron horses which seem like some pretty sturdy bikes. Thanks for any input.
    peace
    scott

Kneel Before Your Master
    It might be okay but you are running a risk doing it. I probably wouldn't do it. I take my Fantom Comp DS off a couple 3 ft drops and thats about the most I will do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It probably will be okay. But keep in mind that it is set up as a XC bike, which in general you don't want to be jumping with. And if you break something they probably won't honor the warranty. I know a lot of big name companies will replace stuff a lot of times even if you broke it, but at the price these bikes sell for I wouldn't expect that. I don't ride a 29er, so I guess you would have to check with 29er riders, but it seems to me that the wheels would be laterally weaker than 26" wheels so I would be afraid of tacoing them.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Members who have read this thread: 0