When can I cant my 15.5- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

When can I cant my 15.5

Hello,

Does anyone know when the new stock of 15.5 Ti team 29 will be back in stock at Bikesdirect? Is there anywhere else you can get them from?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thought I read they were done getting them for the year. Fortunately, the 2x10 SRAM's are coming!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yeah for a Grand more... bummer for me then!

Trail Ninja
    This info is second hand, but there's word that all the current 3x9 geared Ti 26 and 29 models aren't going to be restocked. You'd have to wait for the new models and don't delay before your size sells out.

Quote Originally Posted by gall1972
    yeah for a Grand more... bummer for me then!
    That extra $1000 gets you the very best XX level components (google the price of the full XX component group and add in the fork: 2450 + 750). XX was released earlier than X.0, X.9, and X.7 which are also 2x10, which is what the previous poster was referring to. The X.0 version (XTR equiv), doesn't have a set price, but should be $2099. The X.0, X.9, and X.7 groups should be hitting the market in July or August.

I'm hoping Motobecane makes a lower entry level Ti 29er (around $1500), like what they did with the Fantom Ti 26er. I don't care if it's X.7 or Deore or not 2x10; I care mostly about the frame, fork, wheels, and brakes being high quality. If it doesn't skimp on any of that, I'd buy at $1500 without hesitation. I may be underestimating the components a bit, considering I've rode XTR for 10 years, and I'm now on a SS, but a lot of tech builds up in 10 years; I was almost sure that the current gen of $500-750 bikes were as good as my '98 Schwinn Homegrown Factory with mostly 10 year old parts.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 06-24-2010 at 08:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    No - there are new 2x10 SRAM XO's coming. I think they will be around $2100.

Members who have read this thread: 0