mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Wheelset confidence check

Hey Guys...

I'm about to ride a race this weekend and it will be getting pretty nasty out this weekend here in IL. I was curious if any of you who are riding on Vuleta XRPs, have experienced any unforseen wheel failure? If so from what and what do you weight in at?

Thanks...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have vuelta xrp's on my fantom 29er build but have not been able to ride on them at all yet because my build is'nt finished. I hope they are good. They should be, they are hand built and look awsome, so we will see.

HTFU!
    I have the Vuelta XRP's (superlights) on my Fantom Team and so far they are rock solid. I have been riding two to three times a week and have been hitting jumps, drop-offs and roots pretty hard. Just today I went to crank over a log and slammed my front tire into it (hey, it happens) yet everything is fine. I am still riding with the stock Kenda Klimax Lite tires and while I can see the advantage of a bigger, meatier tire, these are fast and they work so I will stick with them. For reference, I am 5'8" and 175lbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0