What would you like to see Moto build?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

What would you like to see Moto build?

Consider this a wishlist. If Motobecane would build any kind of bike you want, what would it be.

For me it would be a real full suspension XC bike. The Fantom DS frame is like 7 lbs. so its too heavy to make a serious XC rig. I would love it even more if it were carbon. Moto's Immortal carbon road bikes are amazing, I don't know why they won't make any carbon mountain bikes. They can call it the Fly DS.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    In order of my likelihood to purchase:

1. Full Suspension 29er
    2. $1,000-2,000 higher end steel touring bike (like a LHT or Trek 520)
    3. True downhill/freeride FS
    4. Carbon XC Hardtail (26 and 29)

I hear the FS 29er is coming, but not for at least 6 months. I hope I can wait that long, but I've got my eye on some other brands ATM.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    1. FS 29er.
    2. A HT minimalist SS 29er for shorter people lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    22 lbs. Titanium Full Suser 26er!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    1. Carbon 29er HT
    2. FS 29er

Both with highend builds (choice of XX/X0 and XTR/XT) and max value.

Which to buy for me? Don't know yet?

S*it Happens!
    With money being tight for most people of the world, carbon, just doesn't have the longevity for the money. Titanium, is a bike that will last forever and moto's warranty on thier ti frames show it. 100 years.

What would i like to see moto build? They already have some new bikes in the works. So, i say, just keep doing what their doing. P.S. I don't have a inside track on what they are doing. Anything I know, has already been posted.
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 07-21-2010 at 04:21 AM.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    Just waiting on a full squishy 29er available as a bare frame as well as a complete bike.
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    Just waiting on a full squishy 29er available as a bare frame as well as a complete bike.

For the complete bike---Good level fork/shock/crank/headset and at least a decent 36 spoke wheel set. The level of the rest of the parts are really of no concern to me personally.

Frame and fork set (at bike island) with "better" level suspension parts would be awesome. I would probably buy that ASAP.

mtbr member
    Given the small market and limited availability of full suspension 29er frames, it seems like BD would make a good business if they can deliver a solid frame at a good price.

I want to swap over all my parts to a FS 29er frame, but there aren't many choices out there. So far, these 29er frames are on my short list for this winter when I plan to do the build:
    • Salsa Big Mama (some reported chainsuck issues, others said it may be discontinued, definite limited stock right now, +/- $600 if you can find it)
    • Voodoo Canzo (limited stock, a bit pricey @ $800)
    • KHS Flagstaff ($550 on ebay for a 2009, but limited stock)

I'd really be stoked to find BD create a solid FS frame/shock for under $600, and complete bike starting at $1,000.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    With money being tight for most people of the world, carbon, just doesn't have the longevity for the money. Titanium, is a bike that will last forever and moto's warranty on thier ti frames show it. 100 years.

I will admit that titanium will outlast carbon. But who cares? Do you plan on riding your bikes for 100 years? In 100 years if I am not dead, I'll be riding a wheelchair. The longest I have ever ridden the same bike is 10 years. After that long technology has advanced so much that its time to move to a new bike. It use to be aluminum was considered an exotic frame material, and people made the same type of comments about its longevity vs steel. I have yet to see an aluminum frame wear out.
    People even talk about how titanium will outlast steel due to corrosion, but there are sure a lot of old steel frames still out there. My point is that any frame material is going to last long enough for the original owner to enjoy it for their lifetime. With carbon, aluminum and steel it may not last for subsequent owners lifetimes, but why do I care about that?
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'd like to see an honest AM bike out of Motobecane. Something with a nice low leverage ratio and slacker geometry.

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I will admit that titanium will outlast carbon. But who cares? Do you plan on riding your bikes for 100 years?

Any person buying a product cares about the products longevity…I’m not an expert, but, that seems logical. Even if they don’t intend to use that product until the day they die. I would think knowing that they could, has it’s own appeal.

Like owning an SUV, you might never take it off road, but, you like the fact you could.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'd like to see a Ti 29er with sliders.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    FS 29er in the 13" frame. (like the 29 PROSL)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'd like to see a HT option with a longer eff top tube and slacker head tube angle than the Fly or Fantom - preferably in titanium or steel. Then make it impossible to pass up with a 650b wheelset and a 120+ mm fork.

Fuji1971
    Apr 2010
    FS 29er with 36 spoke wheels and XT or XTR 2x10 or 2x9. Also Ti would be nice while I'm dreaming.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Rider

For the complete bike---Good level fork/shock/crank/headset and at least a decent 36 spoke wheel set. The level of the rest of the parts are really of no concern to me personally.

Frame and fork set (at bike island) with "better" level suspension parts would be awesome. I would probably buy that ASAP.
    Yeah, a 29er Ti hardtail frame (pref with Paragon sliding drop out option), Sram XX fork, King headset. Optional wheelset e.g. Crank Bros Cobalt would be neat! I'd be first in line.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I would like a higher end build 29'er single speed. This bike with just one gear for around $800:

fantom29pro_SL.htm

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I've been beating the "higher end ss" drum for a while. Not so sure that's ever going to be a reality.
    Shut up and enjoy the ride!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ewheeldrive
    I've been beating the "higher end ss" drum for a while. Not so sure that's ever going to be a reality.

Just convert one of their "higher end" bikes .

mtbr member
    How about a speedy commuter? Something with 700c wheels, belt drive, and an internally geared rear hub. Fenders too, but only if they are cool looking.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    thru axle like 142 axle of spz, tapered headtube, use qr15 (unfortanality is fox's proprietary )or maxle, bb30 or pressfit maybe,

about models, i wanna renew the FS, their has a old style..

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ewheeldrive
    I'll join you in beating that drum. Titanium SS 29er with hanger I would pre-order guaranteed.

edit: Actually what would be really nice and easy is if Moto offered a "Fantom Pro Ti 29er" build similar to the 26" bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I travel a lot and would love to see a ti 29er that could be taken apart ritchey breakway style. That would be so cool, and its a niche market that no one else is in.

Ritchey breakaway cyclocross frame http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=365050

Members who have read this thread: 0