weight of Fantom 29er pro sl?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

weight of Fantom 29er pro sl?

Anyone have a chance to weigh a stock 29er pro sl or even just the frame? I'm looking into getting one and was curious about the stock weight. Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I havent been able to weigh mine with a good scale. I did weigh it on my crappy bathroom scale - with time atac aluim pedals, bottle cages, and ergon gx1 grips at size 19 it comes in at about 28.5lbs. I would expect a size 17 to be lighter.
    ------------------
    My Blog - Big Muddy Wheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Just recv'd 17" model and finished building it. On decent bath scales it weighed in at 29 Lbs...all stock components.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Including pedals? Sub 30 is not bad.. I'm sure this is a heavy frame and the wheelset is a little heavy.
    ------------------

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yes, weight includes the stock pedals which are made of some sort of metal and felt kinda heavy in my hand. I didn't pay much attention to them because I plan on purchasing a new set anyway...just slapped the stock ones on for test rides.

If you buy one of these, plan on doing significant work assembling it. The frame came with the deraillers and rear rotor/brake installed. However, you have to install the front rotor and mount/align the front brake calipers yourself (I found this to be a little tricky). The deraillers/shifters and rear brake were adjusted adequately.

BTW mine came with the Avid Elixir CR brakes and the XTR rear derailler (not the shadow which I was hoping for).

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice to know. Mine is on it's way and I'm pretty stoked. My current 400HT weighs in at 27lbs fully loaded with lights, and barend mirrors(I use it to commute everyday to work), so hopefully after swapping the carbon: seatpost, bars, and stem, seat, and eggbeaters, it'll be around the same weight. I'm little so mine will be the 13" frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scolli
    Yes, weight includes the stock pedals which are made of some sort of metal and felt kinda heavy in my hand. I didn't pay much attention to them because I plan on purchasing a new set anyway...just slapped the stock ones on for test rides.

If you buy one of these, plan on doing significant work assembling it. The frame came with the deraillers and rear rotor/brake installed. However, you have to install the front rotor and mount/align the front brake calipers yourself (I found this to be a little tricky). The deraillers/shifters and rear brake were adjusted adequately.

BTW mine came with the Avid Elixir CR brakes and the XTR rear derailler (not the shadow which I was hoping for).

Yah, mounting the front brake caliper took me the longest to figure out, since the parts werent exactly all together. I had to diddle with figuring out how it all went together. but once its mounted, aligning the pads is really easy. Losen the 2 'cps' screws, squeeze the lever and tighten at the same time. viola. I had to re-align the pads this weekend when the front brake started to rub a little.
    ------------------

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The frame alone weighs in right at 3lbs just for anyone needing that information.

Members who have read this thread: 0