True Sizes and Geometry of 2018 Motobecane Hal Boost Team- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2018

True Sizes and Geometry of 2018 Motobecane Hal Boost Team

I am looking to purchase a new 2018 Motobecane Hal Boost Team, but wanted to see if anyone knew the real size and geometry of the bikes. What is listed on BD website seems a little off. For example the Sm has a standover height of 721.842mm and then the Med jumps up to a standover height of 807.926mm, which is about a 3.4" difference in size. This seams like a big jump...can it be correct? I am thinking that I may be in between sizes and I was wondering if anyone knows the true size difference between the small and medium frames? I appreciate anyone who may already own one that might be able to provide any insight for me before I order the wrong size!

Size them using effective top tube length.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I think the difference in stand over height has to do with the brace that goes from the seat tube to the top tube. If you look at the pictures one bike doesn't have that brace, assuming that is the small frame and the larger frames do have the brace. Compare the other geometry dimensions between the 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    That may be the difference, as I have read that there is no set location for the measurement so many different bike companies have different measurements. I also have looked at the other geometry that is listed on BD, however, I have read another post that described the geometry being off substantially; specifically the reach and the stack. So I am not sure what to believe as far as what BD listed... I was hoping that someone who actually has the bike could give me some of the true measurements.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    After your reply, I have read an article about effective top tube length, and I understand that it is the true straight length, but I am a little confused as to how I can use this measurement to determine the size I need. Can you give me a little more direction as to how to use this measurement?