Ti 29er seat post ????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Ti 29er seat post ????

I can't seem to be able to get my seatpost to stay put. The stock clamp bottoms out and doesn't hold it tight. I tried a different clamp and it still moves. With the clamp off and the seatpost just stuck in there is noticable play between the post and the tube, is this normal?

Anyone have this problem or render a sollution?

Thanks, Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Same problem with a Thompson clamp..wouldn't stay put at their 25 in/lb torque spec which is pretty low...had to put a few drops of red lock tight and torqued it down to 35-40 and hasn't moved..!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm not a big fan of that RicheyPro seatpost. Even the damn graphic wore off on one side in like a month. But it's creaky and doesn't stay put. I tightened the hell out of it though and now at least doesn't slide down anymore.

mtbr member
    It is possible for rice to absorb other odors in storage. Or could be the quality of water in it was prepared. Mahatma Rice

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I tried a Thompson post, same problem, so I ruled out the Ritchy post as the problem. I took the clamp off my wife's Rush and that seems to be holding. 4 clamps later and we may be good???

Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Pretty common on many bikes. I have a Hope clamp and Thomson post and my Ti 29er Fly slipped for a while. A little 600# grit sandpaper on the post at the seat clamp collar and some hairspray on the post and no more slip or creeking. Generally there is a break in period...need to slightly abraid surfaces to stop slippage. FSA makes carbon paste that works pretty well but I find hairspray generally works better. Do a search for seat slip solutions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Grease

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    Pretty common on many bikes. I have a Hope clamp and Thomson post and my Ti 29er Fly slipped for a while. A little 600# grit sandpaper on the post at the seat clamp collar and some hairspray on the post and no more slip or creeking. Generally there is a break in period...need to slightly abraid surfaces to stop slippage. FSA makes carbon paste that works pretty well but I find hairspray generally works better. Do a search for seat slip solutions.
    Are'nt the posts supposed to be greased?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

sim it

I had the same problem w/ different seatpost and different clamp.
    Solution? I sim it w/ a small 1x1 in of aluminum coke can and works perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 0