• 06-10-2010
    bikenut316
    Still Waiting for a Response
    E-mailed BD 2 days ago. Still no response.
  • 06-10-2010
    scuver
    That sounds about right.
  • 06-10-2010
    Slee_Stack
    emailed about what?
  • 06-10-2010
    gmtx77
    What was the issue?

Call Bike Island or the Cycle Spectrum store in Plano, TX. They're owned by Bikes Direct. The guys at CS even go work over at BD when business is heavy. They're pretty friendly crew. I'm sure they know somebody over there. Maybe they can help expedite or give you a number to call. Not sure if they read this forum though.

I do find it very annoying that BD has no number listed on their web site. If you call the phone number they have listed with the BBB you get a recording for cycle support group or some such. Not good business practice IMHO. But they do have thousands of happy customers. I do hope they can develop into a more professionally run organization with real live human beings to talk to.
  • 06-10-2010
    Moto Rider
    Please, just keep it clean a civil. That's all I ask...This isn't BD's forum. However, they are on here a lot.

The links in this thread are setup to give you a contact number or email to everyone but BD, But, you can still try other sources. Purchase & Support info 4 Motobecane bicycles

Good Luck.
  • 06-10-2010
    bikenut316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slee_Stack
    emailed about what?

Fly Ti 29 size med. frame and fork package. When will more be available.
  • 06-10-2010
    CarolinaLL6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmtx77
    What was the issue?
    I do find it very annoying that BD has no number listed on their web site. If you call the phone number they have listed with the BBB you get a recording for cycle support group or some such. Not good business practice IMHO. But they do have thousands of happy customers. I do hope they can develop into a more professionally run organization with real live human beings to talk to.

While it is not common, some e-commerce companies are stingy with phone numbers. The one that always comes to mind and may be the largest of them all...Amazon.

The key point is to answer emails quickly if you aren't going to list a phone.
  • 06-10-2010
    slyderHD
    They have always answered my emails quickly. Ive been dealing with them for the past couple weeks. In some cases they responded in minutes but the longest wait I had was only a day. i had a damaged part from shipping and after i sent pics and gave them serial numbers I had a new one in 3 days. Ive had nothing but a good experience with BD.
  • 06-11-2010
    Moto Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Fly Ti 29 size med. frame and fork package. When will more be available.

Try emailing or calling Bike Island if you don’t get a response from someone here. They also sell what you're looking for. Click Me!

Good Luck. ;)
  • 06-11-2010
    bikenut316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    Try emailing or calling Bike Island if you don’t get a response from someone here. They also sell what you're looking for. Click Me!

Good Luck. ;)

Thanks, they responded. 17.5 frames sold out and no ETA. I would look at other Titanium frames but based on friends who own the Fly, I honestly don't think the others are better for the money.
  • 06-11-2010
    MIKE157
    I emailed them on wednesday ,its now late friday and no responce yet, So i guess its going to be atleast monday..........oh well
  • 06-11-2010
    scuver
    Quote:

Originally Posted by slyderHD
    They have always answered my emails quickly. Ive been dealing with them for the past couple weeks. In some cases they responded in minutes but the longest wait I had was only a day. i had a damaged part from shipping and after i sent pics and gave them serial numbers I had a new one in 3 days. Ive had nothing but a good experience with BD.

You are one of the lucky ones!
  • 06-11-2010
    Moto Rider
    The problem is…everybody knows BD and so it seems that they get back logged all the time…However, They are not the only place where you can receive information or products.

That’s why I posted this information…

Purchase & Support info 4 Motobecane bicycles Sure, they maybe one in the same. Still, everybody has a different approach to doing business. ;)

Good Luck!
  • 07-01-2010
    MIKE157
    Still waiting here too........I contacted BD on june 8 , about a bad freehub, and I'm still waiting to get this thing resolved on July 1st. I e-mail them and have to wait a week for a responce, very frustrating . They really dont seem to care.