standover on Fly Ti 29er...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

standover on Fly Ti 29er...

I've seen that the geometry on the Fly 29er looks almost identical to the Fisher 29er hardtails, including the standover measurements. But on the BD website, it says to add 0.75" to the standover number. Does this mean that it actually has less standover than the Fisher? Fork travel is the same as the Paragon, e.g., so shouldn't standover be the same as well? I was hoping that the Fisher would be a good stand-in (pun intended) to find the correct size for ordering the Fly 29.

Rollin 29s
    This is what I found on standover for the Fly Ti 29er:

15.5 inch 17.5 inch 19 inch 21 inch
    STAND OVER HEIGHT 726 752 773 805

Most riders choose a size they can clear the standover by at least 2.5 inches

On my 21" Fly Ti, standover height was as advertised above, and I'm not sure where you saw the "add 0.75" statement?
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

Trail Ninja
    Yes, it has less standover than a GF since it has a fork "upgraded" to 100mm. The bike def feels diff than a GF, which could be due to lack of offset fork or geo designed for 80mm, frame stiffness (a bit more lateral flex on both ends), and the components such as the wheels.

I don't think riding a GF would accurately allow you to size up a Moto Fly Team 29 Ti. Many #s on the geo chart seem the same, but it rides quite differently. I personally have almost no standover to spare on a size 15.5 being 5' 7" with a 29.5" inseam.

Members who have read this thread: 0