So where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

So where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?

I've got a first generation Lurch that's been my primary ride the past two years that has cracks forming in the frame. I submitted my claim by email October 31st and have not even received a response indicating they are looking into it or have even received my submission.

So where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?-lurch-break-1.jpgSo where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?-lurch-break-2.jpgSo where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?-lurch-break-3.jpg

So for those of you who've dealt with returns/warranties, how long did it take?

mtbr member
    For me, took a couple days. Those frame cracks don't look like ones from normal use though. Possibly bad welds plus rust finally caught up. They kinda look like too short of a seatpost cracks too , which isn't a manufacturing error. BD is probably trying to figure them out still. Send a follow up email asking for confirmation they got it.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Finally received my initial response. Turns out the delay was because my messages got caught in their spam folder; or so I was told. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out. I did have it internally coated with frame-saver trying to preserve it from rust.

mtbr member
    Figured I'd post up a response with how this case was concluded. To get right to the point, BD stepped up and warrantied the frame with a new Bluto-ready frame; but it cost me $80 in shipping charges [to/from Texas] and they didn't have my original blue so I got a black frame...so I had the front fork powder coated black to match.

All in all, I was without a bike for a little over two months. It wasn't ideal. It took three weeks of emails before I got a response, but after I finally was put in touch with Larry in the service dept, I had pretty good customer service. One of the really cool things they did for me was to up-size me to a large frame from a medium; which was just a little bit cramped for me. My local bike shop said a lot of companies wouldn't have done that...so kudos to BD.

So where's the customer service with Motobecane I'd read such good things about?-15585221_10211846680550758_4301761737212684098_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice. The lurch is a sweet looking bike, and the big a$$ tires don't hurt.

Professional Crastinator
    That's awesome!

I had my doubts that they wouldn't accuse you of having your seatpost too far out.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Sorry I know this is a bit of an older post but I would rather not start a new thread on. I was looking but when I look on BD I didn't see anything about the warranty. What is their warranty?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/frequent.htm#claim

The actual warranty is listed on the "manufacturers" website because it's a manufacturer warranty. Since bikesdirect owns the motobecane name, they are the owner of the warranty. Gravity has one too, but their website is a pain to find. Should be very similar though.
    Motobecane USA | Warranty