• 05-31-2008
    Bassmaster
    Red handle-grips on a black motobecane 700DS = SICK?
    and for all you older people still stuck back in the 70's, SICK means awesome/great ;)

I've been considering getting some red grips for my 2008 motobecane (replacing the stock grey/black ones). Do you guys think it'll look good? or will it be overkill because nothing else on the bike is red. I'm thinking red will go well with black...
  • 05-31-2008
    ljsmith
    I don't really know. Is there any red anywhere on the bike? If not then they might just stand out way too much. I am pretty sure that those guys stuck back in the 70s would like it though.
  • 05-31-2008
    Donzi
    just do it man... (nike) rip it up
  • 05-31-2008
    Bassmaster
    ljsmith: hmmm... yes, it might stand out too much.

donzi: haha! that's the spirit.
  • 05-31-2008
    jason1989
    do it i have red pedals on my matte gray fantom 29er and it looks good but i also have bb7s with red knobs. my bike is the one in the thread "ridgid fantom 29er" :thumbsup:
  • 06-01-2008
    pursuiter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassmaster
    and for all you older people still stuck back in the 70's, SICK means awesome/great ;) .....

Those "older people still stuck in the 70's" will be interviewing you when you graduate, good luck with the search :thumbsup:
  • 06-01-2008
    Bassmaster
    Nah, those older people who will be interviewing me will still be stuck in the 1800's ;)

but really, i decided to just go with the red grips. They're going to look awesome and stand out. And at 12$ at my local bike shop.... i'll take it!

Thanks for your opinions :)