Rear Brake Rub fixed Fly Ti 29ers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Rear Brake Rub fixed Fly Ti 29ers

Finally fixed the rear brake rub on my Fly Ti 29er, only it wasnt really the brakes rubbing. After hours and hours of readjusting the brakes trying to get it perfect, I finally took the brake off and gave the wheel a spin and the same rub was still there. Turns out it was the upper disc brake bracket bolt that was poking through just enough to rub the rotor. Put a washer on the outside of it and what do you know, no more rub, at least not very much rub. Not sure how this came up after the winter, I stored the bike in my basement and the rub was not there last year.

mtbr member
    That's not something that should happen.

Did you disassemble your hub at any point? Sometimes people swap end caps or internals that look identical but aren't and it throws off alignment. Don't have the Vueltas anymore to know, but it can happen with Kings and other hubs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TXNavy
    That's not something that should happen.

Did you disassemble your hub at any point? Sometimes people swap end caps or internals that look identical but aren't and it throws off alignment. Don't have the Vueltas anymore to know, but it can happen with Kings and other hubs.
    nope, the only thing I did was replace the brake rotors and pads. I did check the hub with a wheel wiggle and it is tight, no play. No biggie, a washer fixed it and I am happy.

Members who have read this thread: 0