Purchase & Support info 4 Motobecane bicycles.- Mtbr.com
    S*it Happens!

Good job! Purchase & Support info 4 Motobecane bicycles.

This information is so that Motobecane owners understand they have options and just because they may not have a local shop in their area for total support...they aren't totally on their own.

Cycle Spectrum is one alternative. Locally ran business that support cycling events in their area with thirteen locations total. Also with all the flak the brand Motobecane receives because of that Online VS Brick n Mortar issue. I think it’s cool that Motobecane is not just sold online as some people think. These are good reasons and good news for potential customers that live anywhere near one…

Prices are close too or the same as online.
    Free assembly and Free lifetime service .
    The ability for layaway.

Texas has four: two in Houston, Katy & Plano

Arizona has four: Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix & Glendale

Florida also has five: two in Jacksonville, Orange Park, Orlando & Jax Beach

Cycles Spectrum

Bike Island offers support for all Motobecane branded products in accordance with the warranty expressed by Motobecane. Motobecane Warranty

In their own words:

"At Bike Island, we're cyclists just like you and we try to offer high quality cycling gear we believe in and use ourselves. We try to sell stuff as cheap as we can and still offer free shipping and pay the bills. Not to brag but we ship pretty fast, answer emails promptly Monday thru Friday and are always adding stuff to our web site. We're proud to carry the products we do and stand behind them 100 percent.

We love the sport and we support it at many different local and national levels. Bike Island offers a great service to cyclists that can do some work themselves and need quality parts, tools, and accessories at prices that are realistic followed by support after the sale."

Bikeisland

What about other online alternatives… I seen a link in another post about Sporty Mama Bikes. Her website has plenty of ways to contact them.

In her own words...information from her website:

I am the mother of three great kids and I sell bicycles as my profession. I am also a marathon runner and triathlete.

I began selling bicycles in a Dallas bike shop in 1992. I opened my own Ebay bicycle store in April of 1999. To date, I have sold over 40,000 bicycles. I am still the largest seller of new bicycles on Ebay. I also sell many bicycles through this website.

My bicycle business has grown to the point that I am now able to employ several people who help me with selling, processing, and shipping of bicycles. Every transaction that we do is handled in the most professional manner. Customer service and happy buyers are our top priorities.

At SPORTYMAMABIKES.com my staff and I want every customer to receive superior service before and after the sale. I pride myself on getting the most fantastic bike specs and prices for all my customers. I stock a complete inventory of components for after the sale service. My buyers are always totally taken care of.

Selling bicycles is my livelihood, running is my passion, and my kids are my life.

Sporty Mama Bikes

Or

With BD being the big dog,

Bikes Direct

Any others?
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 06-04-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Update Info.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

S*it Happens!
    Post Bump.
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 05-24-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Update Info.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Bikeisland.com has all kinds of stuff for Motobecanes including Frames, Vuelta Wheels, Forks, Ritchey Stems, bars, and seat posts. This site is extremely cheap and offer free shipping.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I purchased my Moto Ti Fly frameset from Bikeisland.com off ebay because at quick glance they had the best frameset price if not availablility a couple of months ago...also including free shipping. Wasn't sure if BikeDirect was associated with them but perhaps not.
    I haven't had any problems with my bike so no further dialog with Bikeisland.com so unsure what their support would be like.

S*it Happens!
    Thanks for the link...
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

Motobey

In need of parts

Does any one knows where I can find the pivot bearings for a DA 400. After a year & 1/2 of mud rain and Florida Swamp riding the pivot bearings are in need of replacement. I will be pulling the old ones out today needed one more tool, but don't know where to get replacement parts. I can try the auto part for the bearings but don't know where to get spacer. Also need the little fibers that hold the shock in place?
    any ideas let me know.

The bike has perform real good !!
    "Si todos saben lo que ay que hacer por que tenemos problemas" Choose xpst.

Bushwacker
    Quote Originally Posted by mstguide
    Does any one knows where I can find the pivot bearings for a DA 400. After a year & 1/2 of mud rain and Florida Swamp riding the pivot bearings are in need of replacement. I will be pulling the old ones out today needed one more tool, but don't know where to get replacement parts. I can try the auto part for the bearings but don't know where to get spacer. Also need the little fibers that hold the shock in place?
    any ideas let me know.

The bike has perform real good !!

Post a photo for reference..
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for the post! I thought bikesdirect was my only option. They have been out of stock for a while on the full suspension bikes. I got an email saying some were in stock last week but they were sold out less than 8 minutes later .

Couple of questions:
    I am in Houston with three Cycle Spectrum locations within driving distance. But they have horrible reviews for service. Don't know if the link will work: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...0&z=12&iwloc=A. Anybody here care to offer their opinion of Cycle Spectrum?

SportyMama looks interesting and no Texas sales tax. Any comments on her?
    David

Bushwacker
    I went through SportyMamma. Delivery time good. Had a large gash in the box and she said to let her know if there was damage. There wasn't so didn't have to contact her again. I think I read someone sent a fork back to her and she replaced it with a headset installed.

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsmoot
    Thanks for the post! I thought bikesdirect was my only option. They have been out of stock for a while on the full suspension bikes. I got an email saying some were in stock last week but they were sold out less than 8 minutes later .

Couple of questions:
    I am in Houston with three Cycle Spectrum locations within driving distance. But they have horrible reviews for service. Don't know if the link will work: https://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...0&z=12&iwloc=A. Anybody here care to offer their opinion of Cycle Spectrum?

SportyMama looks interesting and no Texas sales tax. Any comments on her?
    David
    Those are bad reviews. However, I’m sure they all can’t be like that or they wouldn’t be in business for long. As for Sporty Mama, If you read the information on her website and above. She seems passionate about what she’s doing and the information she gives about herself is of the personal nature…so, that can only be a good thing for a customer.

Just my
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    Those are bad reviews. However, I’m sure they all can’t be like that or they wouldn’t be in business for long. As for Sporty Mama, If you read the information on her website and above. She seems passionate about what she’s doing and the information she gives about herself is of the personal nature…so, that can only be a good thing for a customer.

Just my

FWIW , Bikes Direct , Sporty Mama , Bike Island , all inter related , connected in one way or another . As far as the review's , a healthy dose of skeptcism while reading them is needed , the objectivity of any of the reviews should be questioned .

Bushwacker
    FYI, SportyMamma is the sister to the owner of Bikes Direct. She does Ebay sales soleley.

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    FWIW , Bikes Direct , Sporty Mama , Bike Island , all inter related , connected in one way or another . As far as the review's , a healthy dose of skeptcism while reading them is needed , the objectivity of any of the reviews should be questioned .
    It's easy too see, however, everyone has a different approach to doing things so i don't think most people will care one way or the other. Plus, I don’t ever remember reading anything negative about Sporty Mama or Bike island.

As far as the reviews... I take everything with a grain of salt.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the Moto info. I am in the market for a new 29er bike, and came across this brand after a DORBA member posted about the Fantom. Been doing a lot of research, and so far, I can't seem to find very many valid criticisms against this brand. the spec cannot be beaten for the price.

I live near the Plano "Cycle Spectrum" store, so I can even support an LBS in the process.

Members who have read this thread: 0