• 01-11-2010
    Fly XC
    Pull the trigger once more
    Today pulled the trigger, and now I'm wating for my new 2010 Fly Pro. It will be a long, long, long week...
    After 18 months of becoming a satisfied customer of BD and 3000+ miles in a 2009 Inmortal Ice, decided its time to hit the trails. The 2010 Fly Pro looks sweet and has major upgrades in the frame and brake components compared to the 2009 model. I'll post some pics soon.
  • 01-12-2010
    Fly XC
    I'm waiting for my Fly Pro and a little woried if the size was correct. I'm 5' 6" with relatively short limbs, and ordered it in 14. The site specifies that the 14 frame should fit 5'1" to 5'6" so i decided to go with this size. What do you think guys?
  • 01-12-2010
    ZipMTB
    What's your inseam? I'm 5'7", 29-30" inseam (i'm shrinking) and ordered a 15.5" I wouldn't go any smaller.
  • 01-12-2010
    Fly XC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipMTB
    What's your inseam? I'm 5'7", 29-30" inseam (i'm shrinking) and ordered a 15.5" I wouldn't go any smaller.

I'm like an inch shorter than you with an inseam of 27-28". I opt for the 14 because this way my wife (5'2") may use it ocasionally. I hope it will fit me.
  • 01-21-2010
    Fly XC
    Finally the moto arrived. As with my other bike from BD, i'm very pleased with the purchase. Here are some crappy phone pics to show you my new ride.
  • 01-21-2010
    AZ
    Hows the fit ? Looking forward to a ride report . Congrats .
  • 01-21-2010
    LUNARFX
    Congratulations! I'm the same height and similar inseam. I'm rockin' the smallest size as well, but in a Fantom 29PRO SL. I don't mind at all and with a somewhat lighter advantage than the larger frames, it's a win-win situation!
  • 01-22-2010
    Fly XC
    The fit is good, although have to extend the seat post and back the saddle to their maximum marks. At first i don't like much the triangular shape of the frame but this is growing rapidly on me. Have only made an emergency 3 miles commute to my office and it feels awesome. I put wellgo platform-clipless dual pedals and love them; both sides work very well-go. Once i hit the trails will post a ride report. Thanks.
  • 01-22-2010
    sbarro
    Nice bike! Now, I don't know how long the seat post extends inside the frame, but I'd make sure it goes well beneath the top tube. Just in case you forgot to check that...