Other Authorized Dealers of Motobecane- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Other Authorized Dealers of Motobecane

Just wondering if there is any other authorized U.S. motobecane dealers besides bikesdirect and sportymammas on ebay. If not, does bikesdirect have the distributorship rights to all of the U.S.?

AZ
    banned
    I believe that Bikes Direct is Motobecane. In other words I believe that Motobecane is owned wholely or partly by Bikes Direct . If I am wrong please someone correct me .

mtbr member
    There are some bike shops located around the nation that carry Motobecane. We have one here in Jacksonville, Florida called 'Cycle Spectrum'.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Motobecane is not a "real" bike company. One look at their website which hasn't been updated in quite a few years will tell you that. They are more like a house brand bike, like what some bike stores sell. All of the places selling Motobecanes (bikesdirect, bikeisland, cycle spectrum, sporty mama) all have some sort of ties to Motobecane. There obviously is an effort to make Motobecane seem like its own independent entity for marketing purposes. This is not to say they aren't great bikes, its just they are all part of a direct to consumer marketing plan, and likely do not see any monetary benefit in attempting to get these bikes sold in your local bike shop.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Members who have read this thread: 0