No Remote Lockout on the XO and XTR Fly ti 29er?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

No Remote Lockout on the XO and XTR Fly ti 29er?

And from the pictures it looks like one can't be installed on that fork. The XX version has it. The Fantom has remote all the way down to the $895 Tora model. How can this be left off the XTR and XO models?

People who stand and mash climbing need to easily lock out the fork. In a race I just can't imagine reaching down to the fork crown to lock out the fork just as you turn into a steep climb!

Please tell me that this oversight is being corrected in the new models. This would be the first complete bike out of the eight I've bought since 1999, and for me it's a deal breaker.
    60; it's the new 40!

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Why can't you install one on that fork?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I guess the good news is that given how fast the first round sold out this means one less person I have to worry about buying one before I get my order placed.
    Blogging about nothing since 2005
    http://devinrides.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    ''Why can't you install one on that fork?''

From what I see there is no place to connect the cable.

Second pic shows a Reba with the cable stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Remote Lockout on the XO and XTR Fly ti 29er?-ti29_fork.jpg  

No Remote Lockout on the XO and XTR Fly ti 29er?-2010-rockshox-sid-worldcup2.jpg  

60; it's the new 40!

DynoDon

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. That will solve the problem. I still hope that they can include it on the 2011's
    60; it's the new 40!

DynoDon
    You're welcome Sweeney, I don' t understand why it's not on there either, good luck on the 2011

Bushwacker
    As far as I know, all of RS's forks can be converted to remote adjust with a mothion control cartridge swap and poploc or poploc adjust switch. FYI, you can use an old style friction shifter for a tenth of the cost of a poploc adjust control. Works well and you don't have to worry about smashing it. I use one on my Tora 318 coil . You don't want the base poploc control because you only get wide open and lockout. .
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I must admit that the lack of remote lock out is the only thing nagging me about the 29'er TI motobecanes.

I am unhappy to say that everything I've read, the previous upgrade kits are not compatible with the 2011/2010 29'er TI Rebas.

I would be very happy to see the next batch come out with the lock outs as I use it heavily on my old Tora shocks.

DynoDon
    I have a Reba Race on my Fantom Team, it has a gate not a lock out, (gates on Forks and rear shock) I don't use it, but its not a lock out, I do know it has adjustments on it, I think I have it figured out, but in lower Michigan we don't have long climbs, so I don't know how to test it out, or dial it in. I do know it doesn't lock out, it always works, just not as much (I think?, I admit, I'm confused, LOL)
    I don't understand why these Reba's in question don't have a remote for the gate, I agree there must be a way to put one on.

Bushwacker
    FYI, none of the RS forks have a true lockout. When fully engaged the fork still cycles a 1/4", give or take, by design. A little play helps the fork to track better over rocks etc. on climbs. The Dart line may be the only one that completely lock out.
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

Members who have read this thread: 0