New to site with a new Moto...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

New to site with a new Moto...

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while, and this is my first post. I've been rocking my walgoose for about 2 years, and finally bought myself a moto Fantom DS elite from bikes direct. I am not a newb that goes crazy over bikes direct or motobecane, but I do work on all my own stuff. I don't pay people to work on my cars and I won't pay someone to work on my bike, and thats that.

I got my bike on tuesday, set it up. Took it out the first time on wednesday, a nice easy shakedown ride. After about 5 miles both wheels were wiggling the front brake was hanging up and the rear derailler was skipping back and forth on the low gears. I'm not going to trash anyone here. So when I got home I trued the wheels got the brakes figured out and solved a bit of the rear deraillers problems, cable loosened up a bit.

Second ride today was a bit more aggressive still fairly light, but lots of rocks some quick downhills and a couple of smaller jumps. Everything was great after, wheels still straight, brakes good, rear derailler still a little skippy but much less then yesterday.

I bought the large size, I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam, and around 200 pounds. The bike fits perfectly with absolutely no discomfort.
    I'm very pleased with the bike, and with the components it has you can't beat the pricetag.
    Thanks for reading.

AZ
    banned
    Keep checking the wheels for a few more rides , congrats , enjoy .

mtbr member
    Welcome aboard. Looks like you got it nice and dirty!
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    I'm curious what made you opt 26" over 29er? I suspect the desire for a full-suspension.

Otherwise, with your dimensions (near identical to me) I would think the bigger wheelset might have been attractive.

Nice dirty picture!

S*it Happens!
    Congrats on you new bike and welcome to the Motobecane Forum.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

Members who have read this thread: 0