New to Motobecane- Just Purchased!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

New to Motobecane- Just Purchased!

It's been a struggle over the last two years with 2 shoulder surgeries. I'm finally ready to get on a bike again. My best friend suggested Bike Direct. Thanks to this forum I read to really great feedback. So far this was the easiest purchase.

Today I ordered my Fantom29 Trail in a 19" frame. What a great deal. I can't wait to get it and start riding. Then I can start getting into shape again and hit some trails in a couple months.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi Trailrazer, Glad to hear your ready to ride again. I too have had both shoulders repaired over the last 2 yrs. (the 2nd one still has a way to go on the recovery trail) I bought the Motobecane 27.5 Fantom FS last fall and I love it! I was able to get a couple months of riding in between surgeries. You wont find a better bike for the price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Damaged Frame

I was pretty excited to get my bike today. When I was checking over the parts I found damage to the frame. It's a dent under the front down tube. I suppose it's not the end of the world, but a pain if I need to return it and get another bike. If it's nothing structural in significance I could live with it if they made it worth my while. I don't want to waste a lot of time.

I'm all ears if anyone has an opinion. I sent off the pictures today. My friend told me that BD has good service.

New to Motobecane- Just Purchased!-frame-damage.jpgNew to Motobecane- Just Purchased!-frame-damage-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Id send it back. Its probably no big deal but a brand new bike should be as such.
    have fun riding. I have a 29'r and love it. I can't wait for the snow and ice to melt off my local train

mtbr member
    From what I've heard from other people, BD will either offer to replace the frame if you send it back or swap bikes if you send it back. That will obviously add a lot of shipping cost though. I've also heard that they'll do a price rebate that they get from UPS for damaged during shipping. Take pictures of the box too. Either way, BD should do something. All my experience with this has been positive, but I've never had to get a frame warrantied.

I wouldn't be afraid to ride it though. That's not a big dent or in an area that'll severely affect the frame. Nice color by the way. much better than the black or white.

stoked gnar shred
    i have ordered several bikes from bd and all arrived perfect from the carrier except one. I emailed them pics of the damaged box and bike. They offered to exchange it for another one or i could take a certain amount of money to make up for it. I opted for the money as i was just using it for a beater commuter bike anyways. BD service is always great.
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks for all the responses. That was the only issue. I'm going to hang on to it. It's a bummer, but I don't want to deal with packing it up and waiting for another bike. I would take money off the bike for the trouble. The color is better than I expected. I ride KTM motorcycles off road which is my first passion so color matches my bikes. Since I am finally healing up I can't wait to get out and ride. I can't get on a motorcycle for a few more months. This gives me a new hobby and a chance to get into shape again.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Post up some pics of ur sled in the wild!

Motobecane Outcast 29er
    Motobecane Fantom Pro 6x6 FS 650b
    “NICE ASS!”

-Sheriff Buford T. Justice

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks... will do. I just picked it up from the shop. If BD would simply respond to my email on the damage, I'd appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    BD got back to me. The bike is great so far after a few rides. Just gotta wait for the doctor to clear me for trail rides.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk