New Fantom Trail- Mtbr.com

Jun 2008

New Fantom Trail

Originally I was planning on buying the 700HT, but ended up with this one instead and couldn't be happier. I bought it at a Cycle Spectrum store and got a great price thanks to a friend who gave me a gift card.

The yellow was the only color they had in my size and at first I was hesitant about it, but after having it for a few days I love the color. Everyone's got a grey or black bike, the yellow stands out.

I haven't ridden it too much yet, but the few chances I've gotten it is a great ride. This weekend I am waking up early and heading to the trails.

Last edited by gm4matt; 07-09-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Jun 2008
    Nice looking bike! I just ordered a Fantom last week, should be here tomorrow. I wanted the yellow, but they were all out, that yellow looks real nice and stands out. Congrats.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    coolio, what size is that?
    mind weighing it for us weight weenies out there? The website claims 27.5-29.5, which is a large gap so im curious to the actual weight.

Jun 2008
    @ Takedown:

Thanks! This is my first real bike and I love it already. The grey will look nice and stealthy but the yellow is bright and bold haha.

@ taikuodo:

It is the 22" size. The biggest size available for this model I think.

As far as weight I am curious too so I'll have to throw it on a scale soon and I'll let you know. It feels pretty light.

Jun 2008
    I am not a fan of the yellow but the bike should prove to be a winner, as with all Moto's. Congrats!

Jun 2008
    I used a bathroom scale and some interesting methods to weigh it, but it came out at 29-30 pounds. A bit on the heavy side, but my measuring it a different way it may be more or less.

Jun 2008
    I would guess the 22" makes it on the heavy side. I'm gonna weight my 16" pro one of these days to see what it's at, but it "feels" light.

Jun 2008

New Pedals - CB 5050XX

Ordered these bad boys the other day and took them out for a 20-something mile ride yesterday. These pedals are awesome.

Jul 2008
    yes they are.

Members who have read this thread: 0