Need some input on which Motobecane Ti- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Need some input on which Motobecane Ti

Alright. I have another similar thread, but this is a little different. I hope I'm not spamming the forum up.

I have decided on a Motobecane Ti. I just need some input on which one to get. I went ahead and pre-ordered both a Fantom and a FlyTeam since they sell out so dang fast. I am fine with the $10 cancellation fee once I decide on which one I want them to send. I hate to make it harder for somebody else to purchase but I will only hold it a few days. These things sell out soooo fast.

Fantom Pros - $400 cheaper, beefier wheelset, through axle fork (I'm a heavier rider)
    Fantom Cons - Components a step down from the Fly. Relatively little information from riders as it is a new model.

Fly Team Pros - Great reviews from hundreds of happy riders. Great components. Not sure I could build this bike for this cost with a free frame. Super light compared to my current 35 pound Specialized Hard Rock.
    Fly Team Cons - Slightly more expensive but not a big deal to me. I've heard rims are made for racing and weight and not great for impacts.

I am leaning towards the Fly, but if there is anything missing I would love to hear your thoughts.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've been riding my mb ti 29 almost 2 years on technical hill country trails. It has been great and held up well I changed my wheels to spinergy as I like the rocky down hills the originals did ok for 6 month I also Wiegh 185. 6 people I know bought one because of mine and it is a great deal

poser Administrator
    I have moved this to the motobecane forum as I think you will get better responses from motobecane owners than in the more general 29er forum.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ti frame > alu frame. It's easy to upgrade wheels if you feel the need - not so easy for the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Bob and Unagidon, Thanks for the feedback!

RockCrusher, Thanks for the forum move! It does make more sense here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Bob, If you had to do it again, would you just order the wheels you wanted from the get go and try to sell they Vueltas while they were still new?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jstaples View Post
    Bob, If you had to do it again, would you just order the wheels you wanted from the get go and try to sell they Vueltas while they were still new?
    I actually thought about doing that too. However, was lazy and didn't want any more cash outlay. To my surprise, the wheels actually spin very well and can't complain.