my new ride!- Mtbr.com

Thread: my new ride!

Dec 2008

my new ride!

I've had this for a few months and am having a great time breaking it in!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Nice ride. How do you like that WCS Rizer bar? I was thinking of getting the very same bar to put on a Fantom Team I had my eye on. Any ride reports on the new bike? Hows the triple active rear suspension working out for your riding style/trails?
    Frankenstein doesn't scare me ...

Dec 2008
    I had WCS on my road bike and heard good things about their mtn. bike stuff. I've had the WCS seat post, stem, and riser for about a month and they've been great. I've heard great things about Easton and Thompson as well but since I had experience with WCS and think it looks great, I stuck with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Roger that. I know some WCS bits come on the Team but definately knew the flat bar was not going to work for me. Again, nice bike.

Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    Nice ride. How do you like that WCS Rizer bar? I was thinking of getting the very same bar to put on a Fantom Team I had my eye on. Any ride reports on the new bike? Hows the triple active rear suspension working out for your riding style/trails?
    I ride XC/AM over some fairly rough ground, but haven't gotten into drops of more than a few feet yet. The rear suspension has worked really well for me. I'm 6'4", 210lbs. and have had no complaints. I experience some pedal bob when I'm pedaling really fast on relatively flat ground but that's probably unavoidable with even the most sophisticated set-up. There's no noticeable bob when I'm cranking up hill or at any other time. The RS Revelation fork is very adjustable which has been a big plus. For my size, I've increased the air pressure and rebound rate and occasionally even lock it out. The options are nice to have.

I do wish the bike was a few pounds lighter, but that will come with upgrades down the road. Of course the "Team" won't that issue.

Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Indeed, you may have just sealed my fate!
    There's not a lot of reviews for the newer DS frames/bikes, especially by the big guys, even though they have to have sold tons of these I would think. Are people ashamed of letting others know they like a moto do you think? Maybe they just like to avoid the wars over this brand.
    Thanks and post a review if you ever care to over in the review section. When I can get the Team I'll do the same.

Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    Indeed, you may have just sealed my fate!
    There's not a lot of reviews for the newer DS frames/bikes, especially by the big guys, even though they have to have sold tons of these I would think. Are people ashamed of letting others know they like a moto do you think? Maybe they just like to avoid the wars over this brand.
    Thanks and post a review if you ever care to over in the review section. When I can get the Team I'll do the same.
    Yea, I'm sure they've sold a bunch so I'm not sure why there aren't more reviews. It may have something to do with them being ashamed, but that's pretty sad. People seem to spend (waste) so much energy arguing for and against Motobecane. I've actually got two Motobecanes, one road and the mtn. bike, but I don't spend time arguing and trying to convince people to buy them. It's worked out great for me, but to each their own.

I wish you luck but whatever you end up with, post some pictures and a review. I look forward to checking it out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I cant quite tell from the pics, but it almost looks like you have the remote ario rear shock. If so, you dont have it hooked up and its "locked-out" all the time. Is that why you are bobbing?

Members who have read this thread: 0