Motobecane's and Warranties?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Motobecane's and Warranties?

How do they serve their customers on their products if issues do arise.

DynoDon
    I've got 2 bikes from BD and no problems, I've read on here aout that have, and they seemed pleased with the resolution, if you read past post you may find some.. happy trails

John has a long moustache
    All I can say is that they do exactly what it says on their warranty web page and in their warranty paperwork. If you are ok with what you see there then you will be happy. Just don't get upset if you somehow break a major component and they ask you to ship it to them on your dime. It's in their warranty info.
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20

mtbr member
    I had a issue with a head set and they shipped me out a new one free. True I had to pay to have it installed but they actually upgraded the headset I had so in a way I came out ahead!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    My rear hub was making some grinding noise and I couldn't fix it and they just sent me a new set of Vuelta wheels.
    2000 something DB Sorrento
    2010 Motobecane 29Pro SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    They take great care of their customers.

My friend received the wrong size bike and they sent return labels and sent the correct bike as soon as the tracking number showed movement.

My brother had brake problems. They took care of that as well.....with absolutely no hassle.

I have emailed support and they always get right back in short order.

They Rock!

Wild Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mediocre
    Just don't get upset if you somehow break a major component and they ask you to ship it to them on your dime. It's in their warranty info.
    I was having issues with the fork on my bike, and they sent me a new one with very few questions asked. The new fork also represented a significant upgrade over the original one. Also, a prepaid return slip was included with the replacement fork. Total cost to me: $0.

I cannot state that my experience is the norm, but I was more than happy with the customer service. I'll also add that I didn't notice the issue with the fork (preload was not working properly) until I had the bike for 6 months or so. I will definitely do business with BD again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The rear XTR shifter on my Fly Team 29er ti jammed up after only about 100 miles of riding. I emailed about the situation and they sent me a new shifter immediately, with a return label to send back the defective one. I was totally impressed. Just one experience, but from what I have read and my interaction with them I have the impression that they try go the extra mile to overcome the limitations of online purchase as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I bought my Fantom29 ProSL July 2010, so far I've contacted 3 times about issues. First time was about a stripped rotor mount. They promptly sent me a new front wheel. The second time I contacted them in October about frame vibration caused by the brakes.This is a known issue with Avid brakes and they sent me new pads and rotors. The third time I contacted was last week after killing a freehub and they sent me a new one.

So far I'm very impressed with the service I received from BD and would not hesitate recommending BD.

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEcto
    How do they serve their customers on their products if issues do arise.
    As with most new bike purchases, just contact the "authorized dealer" that you bought it from. If you bought it from BikesDirect.com, then contact BD and they'll deal with Motobecane or whoever.

BD really tries to be like a true LBS in regards to service. You just have to deal with shipping and non-face to face communication and maybe a "contracting" type reimbursals, such as having service done by a local shop and then BD reimbursing you the fee.

Members who have read this thread: 0