Motobecane Hal Boost Team 27.5 Plus - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by westernmtb View Post
    Can someone measure chain stay length? There's some question about whether the bikes direct spec sheet is accurate or not. It lists 448 mm but others say it's actually 435mm.
    448 on mine

banned
    Dec 2018
    Thanks RB. How does the bike handle overall in your experience? Any others can chime in as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by westernmtb View Post
    Thanks RB. How does the bike handle overall in your experience? Any others can chime in as well.
    It feels great to me. Previous bikes where a 2003 Specialized Stumpjumper 26" and a Motobecane Fly ti team 29er. I haven't riden a ton of different bikes but i do like this one. I tried a set of 29" wheels on it but prefer the traction of the 27.5+ setup so those stay on the bike pretty much all the time now. I'm very satisfied with this bike.

banned
    Dec 2018
    Do you have any specifics beyond "feels great to me?"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Damage policy?

So I did the preorder 27.5 plus about 4 weeks ago. Yesterday morning got the box, only to see the cassette had blown through the side of the box, cardboard hole/missing, and a piece of the bike looked like it had been dragged and damaged. What I now think is a plastic protector was obviously damaged and who knows what else. So.. assuming bikesdirect insures their shipments, and not wanting to keep it and then having to argue later about damaged pieces... I rejected the shipment. I took these photos and sent them to bikedirect. Few hrs later still no response so called. Was told the email to use to get Ďlarryí. So forwarded to that email. Today, 24 hrs after that email still no response so called again. Was told by the sales dept Larry does not have a number and you can only email. But she would text him to please let me know whatís going on. I had told him Iím going out of town so hey can you ship me a new one so I get it before I leave. Well... still no response. Anyone else had this experience? I bought a fat tire bike from them a couple years ago which went fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    So.. a day after my last post I got an email new one was on the way. Never did get a response to my emails or phone calls... In any event, week later the new one arrived with no damage. Went together easy, took it out for an easy ride. so far so good. This is the 2019 version, 27.5 plus. Pikes and 1x12 GX. Note slight frame difference, internal dropper, 150mm pikes. Only thing I wish was different is they removed the inside water mounts. there is space for a small bottle, I wish they hadnít done that. Else rides great.

banned
    Dec 2018
    That bike looks sharp bro.

Let us know how it rides. Do you have any reference point with other brands of full suspension? Any info is appreciated as detailed reviews on motobecane bikes is impossible to find.

Someone on mtbr pointed out that the geometry on this bike is different: longer chain stays (44.8 cm) and shorter reach than other bikes. While this does concern me, I've ridden many e-mtb's with much longer chain stays and didn't feel as if they were slow to corner or handled in any which I thought was unusual or detrimental.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I was only able to ride if for an hr today, and it will be awhile before I can get in a longer real test. Most recently Iíve owned a 2005 giant reign (150 mm), and a 2013 trance (120mm). I bought this to get back to the larger suspension. I expect it to be much better than the reign, just because of advancements in suspension. Iíve seen some comments about odd geometry and I donít see it. The ride I did today Iíve done many times on the trance and this will easily go faster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12