Motobecane Fantom Comp DS Clearance?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Motobecane Fantom Comp DS Clearance?

I Googled the the above and came up with this:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ance.htm#specs

I never saw a clearance section at BD. The only reason I haven't already bought this bike at this price is I'm afraid it's too big. The current price on the Comp DS is $1095.00. This one is $795.00!? I'm wondering if it's a customer return or something.

EDIT: I clicked on checkout and the price there says $895.00? Very strange.

DynoDon
    I bought a Fantom Comp DS in 2010 for $895, it was a 2009, its sold out, the one you googled has to be an older model, depending on your inseem, that 20.5 inch bike may work, or you may have to wear a cup,LOL mine is a 18.5 with my inseem at 31, it fits tight, but it works, here is the sold out 2010's.. good luck
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...mcomp_ds08.htm

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If you look at the components of the clearance model vs. the $1095 priced model, you'll see why there is a price difference. I just tried to buy the $1095 model, but it's sold out (in the 47cm size) I'm toying with the Fantom Elite DS 3x10, but it's a little outside the budget (as I would still have to replace the pedals, crankset and bb).

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The clearance bike has mechanical brakes not hydrolic ... there may be other differenceds too, I did not look that closely. I have a Motobecane Fantom Comp DS and love it. It is a little heavy, probably about 33lbs. I changed the tires, seat, pedals and grips, they were all crap.

Members who have read this thread: 0