Motobecane Decals- Mtbr.com
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY

Motobecane Decals

I know this is a MTB forum but I have a vintage Motobecane Mirage road bike that I converted to a fixed gear and recently had powdercoated which lead to me losing the original graphics that were in mint condition on the frame. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get my hands on a vintage set of decals OR rather an updated set of graphics that they use on their new bikes.

If anybody has any information or places to point me to, that would be much appreciated.

cheers fellas

Bushwacker
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

ahh sick!!! thats awesome just a little pricy...know of anywhere I can get the current motobecance decals they are putting on their 2010 frames

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    ahh sick!!! thats awesome just a little pricy...know of anywhere I can get the current motobecance decals they are putting on their 2010 frames
    I think this would be difficult, since Motobecane is not a "real" bike company. They more or less order bikes from Kinesis and they never actually touch or see the bikes. So it is not like they have a warehouse or factory full of the decals.

Also I would not resticker a classic Motobecane with newer style decals. The original Motobecane company no longer exists. The new "company" simply bought the rights to the name to give their generic bikes some name brand recognition. Owning an original Motobecane is cool, and I personally would not want to sticker it to look like the current generic frames.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I think this would be difficult, since Motobecane is not a "real" bike company. They more or less order bikes from Kinesis and they never actually touch or see the bikes. So it is not like they have a warehouse or factory full of the decals.

Also I would not resticker a classic Motobecane with newer style decals. The original Motobecane company no longer exists. The new "company" simply bought the rights to the name to give their generic bikes some name brand recognition. Owning an original Motobecane is cool, and I personally would not want to sticker it to look like the current generic frames.

good points sir!! I think the new logo just grabs my eye as its supposed to. haha. I know a buddy that has a vinyl printer and I may just find someone with the motobecane font file and print out a stencil and airbrush it on my freshly powdercoated frame. that way I can play around with the colors and all that jazzzzz

Members who have read this thread: 0