Motobecane 600ht vs. Dawes Haymaker 1500-crankset, brakes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Motobecane 600ht vs. Dawes Haymaker 1500-crankset, brakes

Motobecane 600ht vs. Dawes Haymaker 1500
    Crankset: 600ht has Truvativ 'FiveD', while 1500 has TruVativ X-Flow,
    win for 600HT? couldn't find much info on "FiveD" only that its more $$$

Brakes: 600HT has tektro IO, 1500 Has Novela, also couldn't find much info on tektro "Novela", only that its less $$$ than IO,
    win for 600HT?

anyone know anything about FiveD or Novela???

cassette: think the 1500 has a better one & Deore FD. but a better crankset would still put 600ht in lead

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I was in the same boat as you two weeks ago. I was looking at the 600HT and the 1500. I have been riding since the early 90's but have been more of a roadie the last decade so I an not completely current on the all the mountain components but I did feel that the 1500 had the better overall specs, plus it has a 32 versus the 28 of the 600HT, which I liked because I do live in a very hilly area. I almost went with the 1500 until I noticed the 700HT, which in my opinion is a much nicer specification for not much more money, so I went with the 700HT.

The 700HT does have 'FiveD' crank which seems fine to me. I have ridden the bike a number of times on some very technical trails and the crank does what it suppose to.

So if it was up to me I would go with the 700HT. If money is an issue I would go with the 1500 but you also wouldn't go wrong with the 600HT, this is only my opinion of course.

Members who have read this thread: 0