Motobecane 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: Motobecane 29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Motobecane 29er

I have a 19" Motobecane Fantom Pro 29 SL and I was wondering if anyone knew what the frame weighs is give or take a few grams. I love the bike especially after I upgraded the wheelset. I am also thinking about upgrading to a ONE 9 Niner frame but I don't want to waste the money if I am close on weight because I do like the frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    About a year ago when I bought my 17" Pro SL I wanted the same frame as you.I researched it and found that there was about an 6oz difference.Can't find where it says it now but I remember there wasn't that much of a difference to justify the price. I would spend the $$ on lighter wheels and crank unless you want a pretty frame with a cool name on it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I found a guy that says it weighs about 4.3-4.6 lbs and the Ti frame is 3.6-3.8 so yeah I agree there is not much differnce but I did buy a sweet wheel set and I did just buy the Ti frame so I hope I am happy with it when it is all over. But hey if not I will sell it and not be out that much and may try a Salsa or Niner. I just like messing with my bikes. I would like a lighter weight crankset. If I had that it would complete my bike for sure.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My 19 in fantom 4.5lb my 19in ti 3.4lb. The ti frame is great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I just bought a Truvativ Noir 3.3 off Ebay for $207 delivered. I am like a kid at Christmas...I can't figen wait to get it all together. Wheels...frame...crank set...WOO HOO!

Low Rep Count
    My new 29 Outcast frame weighs 4.8 lbs for frame/seatpost clamp. Built as a SS with my mud tires on it, it weighs 21.8 lbs w/ race tires and carbon seat it is right at 20.3 lbs. Not bad for a cheap alu frame!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motobecane 29er-ride1.jpg  

Motobecane 29er-ride2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    How wide of a tire can you fit on that? Anyone know? I've got one too and looking at those big apple (2.35 wide I think).

Low Rep Count
    I am running 2.4 Mountain Kings right now which aren't as wide as my 2.35 Navagals but I can say that those would easily fit. I have about 1/2" on each side of the tire right now.

Members who have read this thread: 0