• 11-09-2009
    i2ambler
    Motobceane Fantom29er ProSL first ride..
    Well, I got out on the local trail this weekend with my one of a kind Motobceane.. The short version:

Seat: WTB Rocket V is very comfortable.
    Grips: These are crap - even riding with gloves the next day my hands hurt after only 45 minutes and were slipping off the bars.
    Tires: Roll really fast through the hard stuff - but feel slick through any sort of sandy or loose terrain.
    Drivetrain: Very slick shifting. I was having a few issues with ghost-shifting in certain gears. I will need to figure that out.
    Brakes: stop better than any brake I have ever used. Rear brake is dragging a little. From doing some research, it may be overfilled with fluid.

I dont feel like double posting so you can see the full version at the blog in my sig
  • 11-16-2009
    i2ambler
    oops, I noticed that my sig had the wrong blog title listed.. duh! I fixed it...
  • 11-16-2009
    eratanun
    Hey, I'm in the Orlando area as well! Have you been out to Soldier Creek yet? I'm probably headed over there mid week... Let me know if you wanna go!
  • 11-16-2009
    i2ambler
    Actually, I havent been there in many years. When I went it was a little dissapointing, not much trail to ride on. However, I did just ride on the side where the river is. Not sure if there is more trail elsewhere around the ballpark or something?
  • 11-16-2009
    eratanun
    Yup! Behind the ball park there is another fairly technical trail that's about a mile and half that's fun to loop. a few natural drops, a couple of jumps... definitely a fun time!
  • 11-16-2009
    i2ambler
    Let me know when you go.. Im on vacation from weds thru sunday.. I may go up to santos this week sometime if they are open on days other than sat/sun.
  • 11-23-2009
    i2ambler
    I didnt end up going to santos this weekend.. I had to stick around locally. I did, however, hit up snowhill 3 times, and logged about 50 trail miles over the 5 days I was off.. Gotta say, the Fantom performed flawlessly. After adjusting the drivetrain, it really shifts smoothly and brakes great. I need a shorter stem, and also need to adjust the rear brake - as it is rubbing a bit. I hear that rubbing is a problem with elixirs... We'll see.
  • 12-06-2009
    jabone
    How is the bike? I just bought one. Taken it for a few road rides but unfortunately not on any trails yet. My only major complaint is pedals although that is warranted. Have some M540's ordered so that should take care of that. The reba fork also seems a little soft.

Other than that, the drivetrain runs amazingly smooth and i am really liking the big tires.
  • 12-07-2009
    LUNARFX
    It's good to see some good feedback so far, since mine is on it's way as well. Hope to see more positive reviews!
  • 12-09-2009
    i2ambler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jabone
    How is the bike? I just bought one. Taken it for a few road rides but unfortunately not on any trails yet. My only major complaint is pedals although that is warranted. Have some M540's ordered so that should take care of that. The reba fork also seems a little soft.

Other than that, the drivetrain runs amazingly smooth and i am really liking the big tires.

Get a shock pump and increase the air pressure in the positive and negative chambers of the fork. This will really change how the fork acts. When I got my fork it was at 80psi - which is way too low, unless you are only 100lbs. Im 195 and increased the pressure to 130. After increasing the pressure the front end is much less noodly, and doesnt bottom out. I have gotten every kink out and the bike rides great. I have more detailed info and reports over on my blog.