Moto Ti 29er sizing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Moto Ti 29er sizing

Sorry if this is a repost, but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Ti Fly 29er and was wondering if the 17.5" frame will work for someone who is 6' with a 32" inseam? Welcome any input. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I am 6'1" with 35" cycling inseam which is longer than my pant inseam inseam which is typically 34"...so I am presuming you mean 32" is your pant inseam. I ride a 19" Ti Fly which is a great bike btw with 130mm and setback post but I have very long arms and like to stretch out just a bit. You could ride either a 17.5 or 19 but my concern would be standover. Even with my long legs I don't have a lot of room on my 19 but it is just fine. If you are a short legged 6'er probably the 17.5" would be best. As to top tube length...always use previously owned bikes as a gauge for what you prefer as it is rarely easy to get it right off the bat as each of us has different arm length and prefer different riding positions.
    Good Luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Thanks dirtrider7

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    I am 6'1" with 35" cycling inseam which is longer than my pant inseam inseam which is typically 34"...so I am presuming you mean 32" is your pant inseam. I ride a 19" Ti Fly which is a great bike btw with 130mm and setback post but I have very long arms and like to stretch out just a bit. You could ride either a 17.5 or 19 but my concern would be standover. Even with my long legs I don't have a lot of room on my 19 but it is just fine. If you are a short legged 6'er probably the 17.5" would be best. As to top tube length...always use previously owned bikes as a gauge for what you prefer as it is rarely easy to get it right off the bat as each of us has different arm length and prefer different riding positions.
    Good Luck.
    Thanks, appreciate the useful info. I think I'll go with the 17.5. My current ride has an ETT of 23.5", so the 17.5 would prob be ideal. Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0