Moto 600Ht RockShox Dart2- is this fork any good?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Moto 600Ht RockShox Dart2

Moto 600Ht RockShox Dart2- seriously considering 600ht, seems great value, but a little concerned about fork problems without aid of local bike shop. don't ride that hard, but do occasionally jaunt from the gravel trail to the rocky slopes.
    thanks!
    Last edited by giantbk; 11-25-2010 at 10:19 AM.

DynoDon
    I don't understand what a LBS has to do with it, Rock Shox has the warranty on them, there is a review link above that will tell what other people think of the shock.
    Happy Trails

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just got the 700HT a few weeks ago, which came with the Dart 2 fork. I have ridden it fairly hard and so far so good. It seems that the Dart forks get some bad press in the forums & reviews but I think it's a decent fork. I like the fact that it is easy to setup & maintain. If I get back into racing maybe I will upgrade to something a bit fancier & lighter but for trail riding I am doing now the Dart is fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The Dart line of forks is the low-end RockShox, and that's why they have a bad reputation. However, the Dart 2 is a great entry-level fork. I bought the 600HT back in August and have ridden it pretty hard and still going strong. I have no complaints about the bike or its components, it's exceeded my expectations. I bought the 600HT since I'm just getting back into mountain biking, and will either upgrade it as I see needed or buy a new bike at some point.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    the dart came on my fantom trail ds and since it was my first foray back into serious mtb-ing, it did the trick. but after about a season of riding on rocky, rooty new england single track, it became very apparent that i needed more. now that i've upgraded a few notches above the dart (recon 351), there are huge, noticeable differences between the dart line and just about all of the RS lines above it. i would say that the dart is fine to get you into the game, but if you start to get serious about mtb-ing, thats probably one of the first upgrades you will make.

Members who have read this thread: 0