Max tire width on Boris x7?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Max tire width on Boris x7?

Looking at going with something with a little better tread for the winter than the VEE 8's it came with.

See a good deal on some 26 x 4.8's. Can you run those or anything larger than the 4.0's on a Boris?

mtbr member
    I just emailed Motobecane USA and this was the response:

We can only guarantee fitment of the stock tires but customers have said they can use up to 4.5 inch tires on these check the fatbike forum of MTBR.com
    BUT- remember these are fat tires and at different pressures can squish outwards a bit more

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I ended up getting a good deal on a pair of 45nrth Vanhelgas - 26x4.0. Put them on last night and with the knobs they aren't too far off the frame on both ends. Going to ride them soon on the trail and then hopefully on snow not to long from now.

I'm not sure 4.5's or larger would work well with the frame especially if it is a knobby tire.

mtbr member
    Sounds great...... I emailed Motobecane to see if you can put on a Bluto fork or not as well. Have not heard back yet. Do you have any photos of your Boris X7?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Not something they have to answer, they already sell a boris with a bluto

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just got a ride in on the Vanhelga's this morning to break them in a little before getting them in the snow (had 4" Monday here in Denver but 75 degrees yesterday and it'a all gone!).

Even though I went with 4.0's they are a HUGE improvement over the stock Vee 8's that came with the bike. I'm not really sure if I'll ever put those back on due to the crazy self steer they create. The Vanhelga's roll incredibly well on the road, hard pack trail, loose gravel & rock. Didn't have near the slip & slide the Vee 8's had.

Anyway, after looking closer at the fork and tire (see below) I think the 4.5's might fit but not sure about a 4.8. I can get my forefinger between the sidewall and fork on each side. I think I'm happy with the 4.0's for now and maybe the next set will be larger if I find a good deal down the road. I'm also thinking about transferring the cranks & single oval ring/bashguard set over to the Boris from my 5010 and then upgrading the cranks/ring on 5010. I think that will work?

Max tire width on Boris x7?-img_0020.jpgMax tire width on Boris x7?-img_0023.jpgMax tire width on Boris x7?-img_0024.jpgMax tire width on Boris x7?-img_0025.jpgMax tire width on Boris x7?-img_0022.jpg

mtbr member
    Wow, those tires look much nicer!!! Did they come with the blue rim strips? Those look nice too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I got the extra blue rim strips from the guy I bought the bike from. Actually when I took out the white strips I noticed that they were blue too and he had just placed them on the white side when he installed them.

Can't wait to try these out in the snow. I'm thinking they will do well.