Just ordered a DynaSys Moto Ti 29er! Now what?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Just ordered a DynaSys Moto Ti 29er! Now what?

FYI - they just got some Ti 29er's in stock, and I've been waiting to get one. Ordered a 15.5" DynaSys 20sp Ti 29er! I've been looking through all of the related threads. Looks like I'll need some new handlebars for sure. People like the Easton Monkey Lite's? If so, what is the diameter of the stem on the moto? 31.8mm? Not sure how wide I need.

I'll probably replace the seat post as well, though not sure with what.

Where do people get Stans 29er tubeless wheels?

I'm pretty excited!
    dan

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Being that my Ti 29er X0 arrived last night, I'm an expert on the subject.

Well, not really but I can tell you this. Unless your a hard core rider who rarely places any weight on the seat, your going to need to replace that. It's basically a torture device in my opinion. Yeah, you probably want different bars but I'm on a 21 inch frame so the narrow bars aren't going to work. My seat tube is fine, but I'm not on the large size for a 21 in frame.

What now, you can go on line and read the tech. manuals for the components on your new bike.

As far as the tubeless stuff, I can't help you there yet. Haven't gotten that far yet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cool - I'll let you know what I end up changing. Bars for sure. Tubeless wheels might be nice, too, but we'll see...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    FWIW, I sold the stock wheels on Craig's brand new for $265, a decent price relative to the kinds available on PricePoint for instance. I bought some Crests to replace them and through a local retailer who also sells on eBay. I am very happy with the new wheels and with the compensation from the sale of the stock ones. I don't know if you already rode the stock set, but based on the thread date, I'd assume so. I think it helps maintain the highest asking price for the wheels, but if you price them right, you can sell anything, new or used, I think.

So far, I have not changed the bars, stem, or grips. Just not bugged by them. Did switch the cranks since they were the wrong size for me anyhow. Also changed the post/saddle, and am trying to sell off the new, unridden parts, but have not found the right price yet, I think!

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I got the 660mm Monkey Lite's along with a new 25.4mm stem from Jensen & they work great! The 620mm ones might have been a bit better for me, but I'm getting used to the width of the 660's. I also got a long Thomson seatpost, which has helped a lot - the stock one was way too short for the 15.5" frame.

The stock wheels have been working fine for me so far, so I'm going to just ride them into the ground before going tubeless. Or I could just have two wheelsets - nice to have a spare.

Members who have read this thread: 0